Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Chapter Idea: Dino Crisis

Tayte
Tayte Member Posts: 65

Killer: 

Killer: The Dinosaur

Name: Velociraptor

Hair Colour: None.

Eye colour: Yellow

Power: Unsatiated Hunger

Weapon: Claws.

Speed: 115%

Terror radius: 22 m.

Background:

On ibis island, a scientist by the name Edward Kirk, who worked in a secret government facility to produce military grade weaponry. Edward was presumed dead by the authorities, as he worked in secrecy on his project called Third Energy Technology, causing a rift in space and time to bring Dinosaurs from the past into the facility. Things quickly went wrong, and the dinosaurs went wild. Breaking and destroying the entire place. Amongst them were many velociraptors. Fast and deadly, and one easy taking for the entity to manipulate.

____

Power: 

Power: Unsatiated hunger

While in a chase with survivors, use the ability to charge and sprint at 50% more of your normal speed, and click again to unleash a charged jump towards any survivor, adding the deep wound effect. Sprinting into a pallet will break it, and stop the dino momentarily.

(It’s a bit like a mixture of demogorgons dash, with more speed and charge, as well as the legion's deep wound. Tough to give power to a dinosaur. Unlike Legion, it can't vault pallets and windows, or hurt many at once, so it needs to rely a lot on momentum. Which is why the sprint is important )

Mori: Bites and claws into the stomach of the survivor. Eating their guts.

The dinosaur would bite the survivor by the shoulder to carry and lift them onto a hook. This was the best example I could give. Obviously a velocirapter would be a bit smaller than the one above.

(The dinosaur is quite long, and there may occur problems with its tail clipping through walls. I am uncertain how BHVR will handle that. Perhaps the tail could curl up against walls with physics somehow)

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Killer Perks:

1. Power outage:

Unopened exit gates, regress at 10/15/20%. Anyone touching the lever will have their aura shown for 3 seconds. If the gates are opened, reveal the aura of all survivors for 10 seconds.

2. Hex: Weak knees.

Any survivor walking out of a locker will be put in the crawling animation for 3/4/5 seconds before standing up again until the hex totem is removed. The noise from lockers is increased by 3 times.

3. Primal fear:

Chasing survivors increases their fear. As your bloodlust increases, so do the survivors' fear meter. Each time you reach a level in bloodlust, the chased survivor will let out a scream revealing their aura to you for 3/4/5 seconds.

The screams will stop once the killer has reached maximum bloodlust or the survivor is out of chase.

Survivor:

New survivor:

Name:Regina

Hair Colour: Red.

Eye colour: Dark brown

Background:

A team by the name Secret Operation Raid Team (sort), sent four agents to the Island of Ibis. Their mission was to stop Edward Kirk, and cease their weapon project.

Regina, Gail, Rick and Cooper would arrive by parachute. Everyone was quick to notice Something was wrong. Regina would be the first to find out why, as she found mutilated corpses and the shadow of a dinosaur. With no time to waste, she carried on with her mission.

Together with her team they found their target. Edward Kirk explains his project of how he brought back dinosaurs from the past, and explains the only way to stop it would be by overloading the machines. Regina together with her team fights for survival among the dark corridors of the once great lab. One by one they get taken out. Regina manages to reach the destination, putting the overload in motion. Alone she manages to escape by hovercraft, before the explosion from the reactors, wipes out the entire facility. Leaving her as the sole survivor, as she fades into the mist, and waking up in a new realm.

Survivor Perks: 

1. Powered insight:

While you or someone else is opening the gate. Reveal the location of every survivor and reveal the killers aura for 5/7/10 seconds.

2. Vital signs:

Your aura is revealed to other survivors for 7/9/10 seconds when you walk underneath the light of a finished generator. Goes on a 15 seconds cooldown.

3. Path Finder:

Every other survivor's scratch mark are revealed to you every 10/7/5 seconds.

Cosmetics: 

For the velociprator they could do a number of things like:

Realistic Dino with feathers.

Chained Dino that's been test subject.

Wounded dino with a lot of scratches and marks.

Regina had a few cosmetics in the original game, so I just posted those here.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Map: 

Map: The secret facility.

Notes: 

Questions? Try and read these first.

Questions and Answers:

Q: What is Dino Crisis?

A: Dino crisis is an old survival horror game from 1999. I have not played it myself, but it's been brought to my attention a few times through others, and I thought it was quite cool. Running from a dinosaur sounds so obscenely epic and scary, that words cannot describe it.

Q:Dead By Daylight only does humanoids.

A: This is in fact true, but just as BHVR has said in the past, they also said they wouldn’t add clowns or non-humans. Today we have a clown and the demogorgon. So I wish to remain hopeful that they can break this rule once more and add something truly amazing like this. I know some players only want human Slashers with a sharp object in their hand, and that’s totally fine too, but hopefully there can be something to please both crowds of this spectrum.

Q: Dinosaurs wouldn’t work. They can’t think and work on instincts.

A: Nor can Demogorgon, but he still exists and works just fine.

Q: These powers are unoriginal and the perks are busted.

A: A lot of current killers are hybrids or have similarities. Be it Oni and Hillbilly’s charge, Hillbilly and Leatherface chainsaw, The Tricksters and the purge progress, Myers and Ghostface. I don’t see it as a problem.

Perks are tough to balance. I am willing to do tweaks, but in general I prefer to leave Developers with adjusting these things. In any scenario the likelihood of them using my chapters is incredibly unlikely, and if they did, they will likely change everything.

Q: Regina wouldn’t fit Dead By Daylight.

A: We have Bill who killed countless zombies, Laurie who has survived Myers for ages, Ash who went against an entire army, and still hunts demons in his newest series and soon a resident evil character. I think we will be fine. It’s a game after all, and realism should not be the selling point to these types of games.

As always, keep it mature and have a wonderful day. All opinions are my own. Critics and comments are totally allowed and even encouraged! I love hearing from you all what you think and what you like or don’t like about it. We can’t all agree, but we can have a fun chat.

Would BHVR ever add a dinosaur as a killer? Highly unlikely, but one can dream, and such dreams inspired this chapter.

Special thanks and credits:

Ludwig for the wonderful idea to this chapter and some perk and power ideas.

And the wonderful artists who made fan art for a remake.

https://www.deviantart.com/litoperezito/art/Dino-Crisis-20-Year-Anniversary-791925160

https://alexson.artstation.com/projects/GaEeB4

https://douglas3ddesigner.wixsite.com/douglas3ddesigner/galery

Please check them all out.

I should mention that Capcom just recently bought the trademark again for Dino Crisis, which could potentially mean a remake is in the works behind the scenes.