The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

If you Play SOLO survivor the only way to play is now is inmersive?

KiolL
KiolL Member Posts: 46
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

Yep , another thread more about the nerfs..

First, I love play survivor, and love play SOLO survivor always with BOND, but an agressive survivor, looking for a fun match without bullyng, but give some movement to the killer and to me mainly. In this way I survive like a 60% of the games 50/60.

Now, with the health change is more complicate play agressive, and pull me to play more stealth, .. So, this is what DEVS want to the survivors, play claudettes, urban evasion, dark cosmetics, killer looking for survivors in the 80% of the match?

Doesn't look funny to me... But I'll try to "adapt" some days...

srry for my english

Comments

• McCree
    McCree Member Posts: 294

what's 50/60 supposed to represent? Because 60% is 60/100 or if u meant the lose/win ratio it's 40/60

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I always play stealthily because I find it more fun than turning on the Benny Hill theme music.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Can't really stealth play with all the aura reading perks. 
  • KiolL

@McCree said:
    what's 50/60 supposed to represent? Because 60% is 60/100 or if u meant the lose/win ratio it's 40/60

Sorry is "between 50 %- 60% of the games I can escape/survive playing agressive"

@chemical_reject said:

That is a fact, but still more viable than play agressive with the new health times.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    KiolL said:

@McCree said:

Sorry is "between 50 %- 60% of the games I can escape/survive playing agressive"

@chemical_reject said:

That is a fact, but still more viable than play agressive with the new health times.

Idk, in my opinion the healing changes are not gonna make much of a difference for me. I'll run self care when playing with friends (start healing and let them finish me up) and use bond with a medkit when solo surviving
  • Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    I play with Kate so stealth is rng for me lol. I could be perfectly hidden then slightly turn and Boom! My hair smacks the killers face ten yards away.
  • Darktronik
    Darktronik Member Posts: 94

What do you mean by play agressive?

But I am glad they are fixing it. You were not supposed to play agressive, to create a 1v1 scenario. You are supposed to fear the killer cause he is OP in a 1v1 situation. I mean, of course the main purpose of the game is to create chasing situations and give survivors tools to keep the chase going, but not for too long.

Now if you want to play agressive, you have to deal with a little bit more of the consequences.

I mainly play solo too. I aim to at least pip one time and there is a formula to do it: gix 2 gens, make 1 hook save, engage in a chase for a few minutes. Everything after that, is for fun. Even if I end up dying. I will still pip.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

They nerfed healing by entire 4 seconds(I doubt people even notice the difference) to slow the game down a little, so they don't have to touch the gens.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@KiolL said:
    Yep , another thread more about the nerfs..

First, I love play survivor, and love play SOLO survivor always with BOND, but an agressive survivor, looking for a fun match without bullyng, but give some movement to the killer and to me mainly. In this way I survive like a 60% of the games 50/60.

Now, with the health change is more complicate play agressive, and pull me to play more stealth, .. So, this is what DEVS want to the survivors, play claudettes, urban evasion, dark cosmetics, killer looking for survivors in the 80% of the match?

Doesn't look funny to me... But I'll try to "adapt" some days...

srry for my english

How does the heal change affect your palystyle at all?
    The only difference will be that after you lost the killer, you will need a few extra seconds for SCing yourself. Thats it

• KiolL

@Darktronik said:

But I am glad they are fixing it. You were not supposed to play agressive, to create a 1v1 scenario. You are supposed to fear the killer cause he is OP in a 1v1 situation. I mean, of course the main purpose of the game is to create chasing situations and give survivors tools to keep the chase going, but not for too long.

Now if you want to play agressive, you have to deal with a little bit more of the consequences.

I mainly play solo too. I aim to at least pip one time and there is a formula to do it: gix 2 gens, make 1 hook save, engage in a chase for a few minutes. Everything after that, is for fun. Even if I end up dying. I will still pip.

Inevitably you lost the fear after you have some hours(I have 1200). Anyway, I am not a killer main, but I am decent killer and I hate play against inmersive survivors, and maybe u think in the same way. That is the subject here, I know maybe my way to play is too aggressive and not the optimal playstyle(I mean, looking for the killer, always show me, just do the gens when is extreme neccesary.), but these changes show me that Devs want a hide and seek game that, IMO, it's less fun.

• Darktronik
    Darktronik Member Posts: 94

@KiolL said:

@Darktronik said:

Inevitably you lost the fear after you have some hours(I have 1200). Anyway, I am not a killer main, but I am decent killer and I hate play against inmersive survivors, and maybe u think in the same way. That is the subject here, I know maybe my way to play is too aggressive and not the optimal playstyle(I mean, looking for the killer, always show me, just do the gens when is extreme neccesary.), but these changes show me that Devs want a hide and seek game that, IMO, it's less fun.

No. They don't want a hide and seek. But they don't want a super agressive playstyle too.

You are bouncing from one extreme point to another just for the sake of commenting something. They are trying to fall in the between.

The game is still fine.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

@Darktronik said:

I agree, but you are not looking at the problem on the survivor side. If they want to lower the aggressive nature of survivors, they need to up the stealth game. With all the aura perks out there, stealth is a very limited game. Sorry, but the concept of being to evade a 10 second aura perks is not realistic. That is why survivors started playing aggressive. They needed another route to last in a match. I've played both sides and can tell you that stealth play is a joke in this game right now. When I can see you if you heal, finish a gen, when I hook someone (you are either close, or I can see you), etc then how are you supposed to stealth? Seriously, a good Billy, Nurse, or Spirit can be practically on top of you in the time BBQ is up.

I am fine with limiting aggressive play, but they should consider boosting some other form of survival. Otherwise, it will be 4ks ever game. That will kill the game as a whole.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited October 2018
    I doubt we will see any changes to playstyles although less suicidal survivors would be nice. I am not a good looper by any means so stealth is my go to tactic. Its unfortunate though that many give stealth a bad rap. Aura is easy enough if you understand how they function. Also there is a difference between active stealth and a game of hide & seek (pointing at you corner & locker dwellers). Ultimately though, healing really hasn't changed much to warrant a difference in play.
  • SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

@Oblitiry said:
    I play with Kate so stealth is rng for me lol. I could be perfectly hidden then slightly turn and Boom! My hair smacks the killers face ten yards away.

Yes but have you tried mimicing corn in a corn field? Kate is the best at Corn cosplay.