We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Ace Visconti Character Model Rework

Seanzu
Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

Lead Character Animator says he will still have his smile (he's in t-pose so has no facial expressions attached)

Enjoy

Post edited by Seanzu on

Comments

• Woodywool
    Woodywool Member Posts: 622

Only one big difference that I noticed is that he has a different emotion on his face (in old version, he's smiling).

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,015

The size difference between the two heads alone is the most extreme change from these reworks yet.

I'm not an Ace player, but for this update, I like what they've done.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

As Ace main I'd say it's look pretty good.

The only little problem I have with it is that they've taken a bit of Ace's goatee away on the sides. I'd like to have that back but it wouldn't be big deal if they didn't.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

He's still smiling,the problem is that the edges of his mouth are not defined anymore so it's hard to see.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

He doesn't look as happy or as confident and that's really his character... They took that grin off his face.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

This is great, he actually looks serious now rather than a joker that doesnt care about the threat of death

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

They gave him depression and made his head bigger.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,705

only thing I notice slightly different is his facial hair.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I like this one.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

That and they made his head bigger,otherwise it's just good old Ace but with improved textures.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,979

I'm interested to see what his other heads will look like with the new model

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,225

Of this batch, I'd say this is the best one. Nea looks depressed, Min went from an Asian girl to a white dude (that's honestly what it looks like to me), and David's face doesn't look as beat up as it should and his head is too long.

The only real complaint I have for Ace's rework is his goatee being too bright and not being complete. Oh, and his smile was removed... I think that's the biggest problem with any of these. The characters as they are now have vibrant personalities in the way their faces are. Now, these are being removed for a bland, uninteresting appearance.

The best of the batch, but that's not saying much of anything.

• OutbreakJack
    OutbreakJack Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2021

Ill miss the overt cocky smile.

Some faces clearly needed reworks like Nea's. You dont have to change every character. Make his face more HD or whatever thats fine. I just don't get changing things for the sake of changing them.

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550

As long as I still have the Burt Reynolds head, I'm fine with changes.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,190

The tone deafness of BHVR is on full display with this one.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    edited June 2021

I. Hate. His. Smile.

I never wanted to play him outside of doing his adept or challenges tied to him because of his smile. I found it truly creepy.

I'm glad they changed it. I might play with him to see how I feel now. I know, I'd see only his back while playing but I can't remove his smile from my mind.

• Kollega
    Kollega Member Posts: 2

God, I pray to all the gods that his smile will return. Seriously that was his thing

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

They say its a work in progress and subject to changes, but I can totally see them saying that this took "months of work" and changing it again just isn't an option.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168

His smile and optimism: Gone.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,023

Oh no, he's hot!

As an Ace main, I think this one is pretty good. However his goatee is a bit too light in color, and his facial animation looks incomplete. Other than that, not bad! I just hope they make his goatee darker.

• ManWithALemon
    ManWithALemon Member Posts: 422

The smile needs to come back. That's what made Ace great, is the smile. Without that, the punch of character is missing. He's just... an old dude now.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

For what it's worth the screenshots are of a t-posed 0 animation or facial expression, he'll likely have the smirk.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,183

I don't get why they gave him Grey beard/hair instead of the black he had before. Pretty disappointing there. He also needs his smirk back.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395
  • Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

people really failing to grasp to concept of a default face without any specific emotion tied to it...

you can see on the "old" one. it was always grey/greying now it's just more grey.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730

I have not liked any of these and I don't like this one. They just look worse every time they change them.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

He looks pretty much the same to me.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,301
    edited June 2021

He doesn't look as smug and optimistic as he did prior - I don't like it. The video helps get an idea but just something about the way his lips are it looks like duck face if anything. What sells it on the older Ace model is the smirk kind of favors one side a bit more like a crooked grin. New model doesn't look like that.

I'm fine with the other adjustments but Ace just looks angry now tbh.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

Loved it, always disliked Ace now I might give him a go

• kucerka
    kucerka Member Posts: 186

Love it a lot...that's why I completely stopped playing "old" characters cause their faces had just 2 expressions...a regular one...and screaming on hook one. Ace always looked to me like a creepy uncle tbh, now he actually looks normal...same with other old style characters, cause they no longer will loook like having something up their butts.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I'm wondering if their portrait will change as well to fit the remodel.

• HellraisingPredator
    HellraisingPredator Member Posts: 75

Was there an ETA for these model reworks? If so I've missed it. Thanks.