Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Ranked/MMR not working properly???

So I just played a game against a Ghost face. No one on our team got downed, I took one protection hit then Self-cared and I...depiped? Why does this happen so often? It feels like anytime you play well against a killer (not being spotted and no one getting hooked) it seems like you don't get the pips you deserve. I'm not angry I didn't get a pip, I'm mad I depiped.

Comments

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811
    edited June 2021

3/4 of the points you get are interactions you need to have with the Killer. If you barely have any points in these categories, you won't pip, even losing a pip.

The pip system isnt taking into account that the match will be that unbalanced. Either you go against a decent Killer to get a lot of unhooks, heals and good chases, or a potato Killer who barely know what they're doing, resulting in you not gaining the points you need.

The pip start from 0/100 and even if you done your objectives, you will be punished. So the correct way to balance it is to made the points start from the 50/100, while 50 being the black pip zone. By the actions of the Killer, like hooking, downing survivor, injuring survivor, you will lose points accordingly, reaching 45, 43, 40... And to counter that, you need to be productive, unooking, healing, doing gens, getting chased, all that will raise your points again.

But the current pyp system actually is great that it separated bad players from the good ones(well kinda). Playing against a bad Killer will make you depip or blackpip since you wont get much points, which is great since its not fair for you to gain pips because of an umbalanced match, and good Survivors will get a lot of points because they will be chased, do gens, etc... they play more agressive.

Also my final thoughts on your post: not being spotted is not playing well, it means you're not helping aliviating the pressure the Killer has on other Survivors, so this allows the Killer to eliminate them way more faster. Take one for you team, if you see a random guy which is already in 2 state is going to be chased and you're not dead on hook, take the attention for you, the more survivors are alive, the more the chances of your team escaping.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

The pip system is broken.

If survivors legit play a perfect game where no one gets downed and hooked a single time, every person is de-pipping

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    edited June 2021

I hope you're not judging from one match only.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

It's stupid if you get games like that you get bronze benevolent