The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

About the face remodels

Satelit
Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

Just wanted to point out that models without any facial animations are supposed to look bland or sad,you give them emotion by animating their faces.

People need to stop calling unanimated faces bland or depressed,it's not how it's gonna look ingame.

thank you

Comments

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

This ^^^

Seen people overreacting a lot.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,366

People complaining about Ace's smirk being gone really don't understand that a base model without its accompanying animations is not supposed to have a great big grin plastered on it.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965

Honestly Feng and David are the only ones who i have a problem With.

David became more ugly and feng's lips are really big and don't fit her Other than those 2 The reworks are really good!

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I believe old models have their emotion by default. No animation input.

While the new models are neutral in image, and they still have similar emotion in vids.

Mean theyre putting more facial animations, which I hope so.

• Bluebird
    Bluebird Member Posts: 297

Ace's base model has the smirk burned into it, but almost every other Survivor has the same (kind of) basic look shown in all the model 'reveals'. Ace's was different because he always smirks, so why make his base model (initially) have a basic look?

You can tell this because extracting the model from the files without any skeleton attached shows Ace with his signature smirk.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Doesn't change the fact that they still look like #########.

In my opinion of course.

• neonblush
    neonblush Member Posts: 68

People are literally so dumb lol. Especially complaining about Ace’s smile. I guess they don’t realize that they’re creating default expressions so that way they can make Ace smile, but it’s so he doesn’t ALWAYS have to be smiling lol