The current MMR is based on playing time per killer

Gorky_
Gorky_ Member Posts: 32
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

Titlte. Change my mind.

(I'm joking, feel free to argue)

So you know, I just reached 300h on record on BDB.

Today, I played 10 games.

2 with the doctor which I play with quite a lot (probably 25-50h out of 300)

5 with Freddy who I play a lot (probably ~100h out of 300)

1 with Bobba Trapper and Twins that I never play (< 1/2h maybe)

With Booba, Trapper and Twins, the match were... easy. Rang 18 to 11 at most, with less than 150h played.

With Doctor games were easy as well but the players were *a bit* more experimented (100 to 500h).

With Freddy games were ok to hard, the players were experimented (250 to 2000h).

I know 10 games are VERY low, but still I see quite the pattern.

Your thought ?

Comments

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

If they base it on hours (and that is a big if mind you) then they have decided to go with everyone has the "potential" to be at a certain level by a certain amount of time. In other words, they realize that metrics are pretty much useless, so they are grouping people by hours. Thus, everyone had the same chance to get to a certain level after a certain number of hours.

We don't know if they are doing this, but it is in fact what I suggested a long time back. There is no way to make fair matchmaking based on numbers because of the way this system is skewed. Hours, however, do not lie. The issue is people with RIDICULOUS hours would only fight other people with the same and the Queues would bog down in a terrible way, which is why I think this is unlikely. However, the Queues have been very erratic today... so who knows.