The greatest advantage SWF has

SleepyWillo
SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

is not that they communicate. its that they don't typically have a weak link (or if they do it's not a rank 20 new player placed with rank 1s).

IMHO the greatest advantage of swf is knowing you won't be left to die on first hook or get screwed by matchmaking.

sbmm has highlighted this to me. when it works, solo games are so much smoother and better! when it doesn't...

Can anyone change my mind?

Comments

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383
    edited June 2021

You are right to some degree. Information plays a big role, but it's:

1. Information
    2. Coordination + dedication (what you said basically)
    3. Selection. Sure, some people just fool around with their buddies, who might be not the best players but often SWF teams don't include weak players and try to choose among the strongest ones they can find, the stronger the team, the more fun they have, logically
  • Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

This is nothing new. But I will disagree about the so called greatest advantage. Because typically when I play with my friends if the killer is camping in end game, or had NOED. The hooked person usually just tells us to leave if we fell the killer might gets more downs to avoid throwing. Which honestly in solo if it's the end game and I'm hooked if the killer has NOED or something like that I usually will take my self out, since I seen so many games were survivors will throw just to get the person of the hook in the endgame and the killer ends up getting 2 or 3 downs.

• Zylance
    Zylance Member Posts: 64

Information and coordination is what makes killer stressful to play tho (not speaking for everybody, this is my personal opinion).

Imo solo survivor is relaxing and fun because i can be careful and not get found asap etc. When i play killer i can relax and have fun vs information=(

• Saltjar34
    Saltjar34 Member Posts: 766

Even without comms, just not having a potato in your team is awesome

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

The same could be said about having 4 good players without comms.

Sure, some of the coordination might not be as great, but I have played with some really good players out there that made it feel like they knew their stuff.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Yeah I don't think information is really that integral to why SWF is so good, it's definitely just 4 good coordinated players on one team. That's why i'm so excited for MMR so I can actually get some good survivors on my team. If it means that they have to buff every killer to compensate then so be it, I just want to play with good players.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

Knowing 100% that your teammates are on gens is a massively advantageous thing.

Solo survivors will be greedier with pallets cuz they don't know when their teams will need them, because they don't know if their team is fast enough on gens. This opens opportunities for mindgames and opportunities to punish their greed.

SWFs know for a fact if their team i sitting on gens so they can be very very safe with pallets, and they'll be able to tell their teammates what they've used.

In a game where holding W and predropping every single pallet can literally buy you enough time to finish gens, this kind of info is very strong.