Possible Trapper Buff

This may be an idea that has already been put out, but I would like to share this in hopes that it may reach more people and possibly devs. It is well known by players of DBD that the trapper is one of the worst killers in the game with most putting him as the lowest performing. They have made attempts at buffing him and, ignoring the general ineffectiveness of the number buffs, they have done him no justice. What I feel that they could do to buff the trapper is removing the survivor's ability to escape traps. The only way to escape traps is either getting picked up by the killer, or with the help of a survivor. Additionally, the current escape chance system would them be used for when a teammate helps a survivor out of the trap. Essentially, survivors will need help in order to get out of a trap and the assisting survivor has to attempt to free them.

The benefits of this would be that for one, if a survivor gets caught in a trap across the map then the killer has time to actually respond. Also, it would make it so that if a survivor gets trapped next to a teammate, it does not turn into a free escape. I think that this would be great as it would better reward trappers who have good trap placement rather than playing at a matter of chance, typically out of favor of the killer. It could be a simple change making the trapper way more worthy of being the face of DBD.