The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Thoughts On Wraith?

I am curious to see what the majority of the community thinks of the new Wraith. I have seen a couple posts here and there but I want honest opinions. Lets objectively look at this and have a civil discussion. I think he was def a bit over tuned. I think all he needed was a movement speed boos in cloak. Giving him the lunge he now has coming out of cloak is overkill. The mere fact that he can lunge around ENTIRE loops is crazy. This turns most tiles into 50/50s which is kinda boring imo. Again this is simply my opinion on this and I in no way want him nerfed. So please lets try to keep this Civil.

Comments

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    edited June 2021

I literally can't answer this subjectively, since I'm very biased towards Wraith. I've mained him for the past three years (with my co-mains switching between Ghostface, Oni, and now Demo). But I'll try.

I think he's fine, mostly. I think he has some add-on problems, All-Seeing Blood is ridiculous now, and Coxcombed takes away his only tell. I can see why people have a problem with the lunge, even though I've never had issues with it. But that's probably because I know how to play against Wraith because I play him so much. But like I said, I'm biased towards Wraith, and I will admit that. I also understand not liking the Hit and Run playstyle. I personally don't play like that much, unless I'm basically forced too. I prefer a more aggressive style of play.

The one complaint I don't get is that he destroys short loops, which while true... He could do that before, and so can a decent portion of the Killer-cast. Doctor and Clown shut down short loops completely, if it's short enough Trickster, Huntress, and Slinger can just shoot over them. That is the only complaint I don't get. Long loops still destroy Wraith if you play well enough.

If BHVR decided to tone him down, I wouldn't be angry really. All I want is for them to just make it so he's not add-on dependent again.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

Yeah well, I would argue its a 50/50 at loops. depends on how you play it. If you stay at the pallet while he is uncloaking, then yes. You usually should make distance when he uncloaks.

I dont think hes overtuned. Its more like that he is valuable now after the buffs and you got more space for using other addons. Before the buffs he was just a gg ez for most of his matches.

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88

Wraith was a joke before and now he is a decent B Tier Killer.

The thing is that less experienced players don't realise that he is now an actual threat if you play carelessly. Much like Bubba, he punishes greed and carelessness HARD, but is not a threat to experienced survivors let alone good SWF teams.

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

As i said The only problem i have with him is that speed after uncloaking. And agreed his addons are definitely strong now. Taking the only tell you have against him is a tough for any survivor imo. And adding windstorm on top of his new speed is even worse. I do agree with what you are saying here but, I definitely think they should rethink his addons at this point.

• ill_Boston_lli

Oh yeah i'm not complaining at all. I was just putting out my opinion on it. Maybe I need to play against him more and figure out where i am going wrong. I just feel like in a sense its drop the pallet or get hit and in some cases even then you are getting hit. I have been against some where I make the right read but when i do it only feels like a 50 50 as he can either go one way or the other, and if you choose wrong you are done for.

• Midnght
    Midnght Member Posts: 65

only thing ive seen and that maybe his bells broken or i had some affect i was unaware of more than once hes walked up on my turned visible and i never heard the bell go off dunno but otherwise not noticed anything else off hes a pain in the butt always has been hes just more so now maybe lol

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

He’s fine though some of his add ons could use toning down now that his base kit is so good namely his aura one

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

He's the same exact killer, except with an existing add-on added to his base-kit, and +0.25 seconds in his uncloak speed boost.

The only reason why people are complaining about him is because he was a pretty rare sight before his buffs, and so people didn't know how to play against him.

I think he's in a good state, but I do think he needs an add-on pass. He has a few busted add-ons such as the All-Seeing add-ons and Coxcombed Clapper (silent bell).

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

He was not weak pre-buff period it's just people did not know how to use him, but not at least like in his early days when he actually was weak. He is one of the most annoying killers to face vs now.

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481

While I wouldn’t call pre rework wraith the worst killer it was pretty accepted that if you wanted to do well against survivors who aren’t potatoes you needed to run windstorm because with his old base speed he just couldn’t keep up. So he was completely dependent on windstorm almost to the same level that trapper is dependent on bags

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,403

I had some moments where i thought i could reach the pallet and got hit. But thats okay bc it was my mistake. I just need to learn what i can do and what not and change my looping. Uncloaking in a loop seems still weak to me.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

A lot of the time if the Wraith does it correctly and he 'wins' the 50/50 it'll significantly cut down the amount of loops the survivor can get out of the pallet. It's not something that usually gives an immediate result but I wouldn't say it's weak.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832
    edited June 2021

not really that fun to go against, most of the time his speedboost after cloak leads to a guaranteed hit at most loops

also, very much dislike hit and run wraith- its way worse than forever freddy IMO, and is way more common now (and its one of the main reasons why i dislike going against him)

hes still fun to play though, and the only reason why hes strong is the above playstyles/mechanics so idk how to really change him without him being gutted or reworked (which, i dont want either)

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,403

The amount of loops where he can use this 50/50 is not even that high. Some maps have almost none. Its not bad but it helps mostly at weak loops. Bodyblocking is a stronger anti-loop.

• Nyx32
    Nyx32 Member Posts: 130

I think he's a fun killer to play as and against, he has obvious and fair counterplay yet is decently strong with his hit and run playstyle where he can often get "free" hits but can't follow up well on them. He isn't too strong nor does he feel unfair to fight against, yet he still feels viable.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044

Currently I think he is fine, except for some Add-Ons. Now that you dont need Windstorm anymore you see other strong Add-Ons way more often - mainly the purple All-Seeing and the SIlent Bell. While I am borderline ok with the Silent Bell (it is an Iridescent, after all and his other Iri Add-On is not that great), All-Seeing should really be nerfed.

It was alright when Wraith had to sacrifice a Slot for Windstorm OR went for the Aura-Read, sacrificing the potential Speed Increase, but he should not get almost purple Windstorm at Base AND have access to All-Seeing in its current form.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

His buffs should be reverted. Instead of cloaking for a sneak attack, it is now spammed for a free long-range uncounterable free down. Why are Wraiths cloaking and uncloking on your tail? I don't think the devs originally intended for him to be used that way.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

The change to his visibility in cloak has mostly made it easier for him camp hooks from my experience.

• ill_Boston_lli

Im not worried about his camp and He as always been invisible when standing still.