THE coolest killer in DBD - FINAL 6

Options
SMitchell8
SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301

The final for who is the coolest character in dbd according to the dbd forum members. Not necessarily the strongest or most fun, but all things considered, who IS the coolest character in dbd. Final vote will last for 3 days for longer coverage (Wed midnight GMT) All 6 killers have progressed through 2 rounds to reach this point and are the top 6 most popular.

THE coolest killer in DBD - FINAL 6 65 votes

Nemesis
15%
kodiakyTheRockstarKnightCornpopers_EvanScary_Punk_GhostlandromatBetrayed_TalionQwQwTurtleSushiTVTrickstaaaaaGazgemauch 10 votes
Oni
27%
WeederickAdelooSeiko300kaeruUistreelAvilgusMrsGhostfaceSMitchell8EobardThawneFobboherrik666TripleStealWishIcouldmainKarao_KeFengisKawaiiash13gilgamerHex_Ignored 18 votes
Doctor
10%
SvdHGeneralVGlamourousLeviathanAwkward_FiendElcopolloCheeseAntonJill_Main 7 votes
Spirit
9%
MadLordJackgetuy45u4iuGannTM[Deleted User]SirGandoGhostyOnIce 6 votes
Demogorgon
15%
Freddoanonymous31337bm33NoOneKnowsNovaSOMENINJANAME[Deleted User]TheBigGoo[Deleted User]ZonkyWizardEvilTurnip690 10 votes
Pyramid Head
21%
TapeKnotGoodBoyKaruMidori_21musstang62HellraisingPredatorCornHubShoobyDistortedDreamBeelzeboopAnchorTea[Deleted User]lebaudy_B2Pjoeyjordisonsnipplesno_you77bob 14 votes

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,782
    Options
    Demogorgon

To me, this is the best dbd killer we've seen in DBD. A fun power that does everything well but not too well, while having counterplay.

I know Demo is licensed, but it doesnt take from the fact that it is all amazing, from the design of Demo to its noises that fit Demo hugely.

Oni and Doctor are also close for me, but nothing beats Demogorgon imo.

• SMitchell8
    Options
    Oni

He is cool as he's the only non human killer we have. Just so dam rare to go against. I literally face 1 a year lol

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    Options
    Pyramid Head

Dorito Daddy who's also terrifying in source material and not exactly friendly in dbd either. Very cool man

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,630
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Oni

Oni has no business being as cool as he is, pyramid head is a very close second though

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options
    Oni

It's kinda sad that Ghostface didn't make it to final. So if I need to choose from this list, it will be Oni. He is both strong and satisfying to play.

I'm surprised that Spirit is here, because she is probably most hated by survivors.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Pyramid Head

Huh? The Oni is human. He just wears the Oni mask. Pyramid Head and Demogorgon are the only non-human killers we have. Freddy and Nemesis are both former humans but I'd argue they also count as non-human.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Oni

Honestly it was tie for me between Oni and Demo. But Oni won this battle because his character design is amazing, like Demo's but Demo is a licensed character. Originality (not licensed) won it.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Doctor

I don't feel like it's very fair to put licensed characters together with original ones, as licenses aren't really a natural part of Dead by Daylight and have had the following far before the DbD was even created, hence why a lot of people gonna be biased. That being said, as much as I like them, I don't take Nemesis, Demogorgon and Pyramid Head into account. So, we're down to Doctor, Oni and Spirit.

Now, although I believe Oni's lore being far better than Doctor's, when it comes to the sole "killer" aspect, Herman Carter has no competition in this poll. Unlike Spirit, Doctor isn't a victim of circumstances, he isn't a "forced killer" who simply seeks justice against those, who hurt him. Unlike Oni, Doctor doesn't hide behind the mask - he has a metal headgear, yes, but the horrendous face we see under it is still his face. Unlike both Yamaokas, Doctor isn't a supernatural undead being, so it's easier to relate to this killer is the sense of believability. He's not a demon, he's not a ghost, he's a human. Maniacal and completely crazy human. Moreover - he's not only "close to objective reality", he is based on the actual real-world person, who is still alive and well. It's not the revenge that drives him, it's lust for power. His laugh, the way he enjoys every murder he commits and every experiment he conducts; he isn't someone going after those who he hates or feels disgust towards. He is a man of his own interests, which go beyond the emotional aspect and reach rather a rational aspect. His rage doesn't feed him, his intelligence does. And a man, who knows what he's doing and gives thought to every detail of his atrocities is far scarier than a man, who acts on impulse.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Doctor

I guess he means that in the Entity's Realm Kazan basically transformed into an Oni, a demon. He used to be a human prior to that, though.

As for Nemesis, it never was a human really (the only place where he was are Anderson's movies), it's a Tyrant, which although has some biological connection to humans, is still a bioweapon in its entirety, artificially created in the lab. Freddy in his current form is a Dream Demon.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Pyramid Head

I'm aware that Freddy is a dream demon and Nemesis isn't really a human. Which is why is specified 'Former'-human. As in, not anymore.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,990
    Options

why can't I vote for everything

• SMitchell8
    Options
  • CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options
    Doctor

Even if Doctor loses, I'm proud my boi made it to top 6.

Anyway, my argument for Doctor being the coolest can be described here.

As well as how cool he was at the time. Other killers before (except Michael who was licensed) were all sympathetic who were dealt a bad hand, but the Doctor actively wanted Power and everything about him screams Power (first killer with an anti-loop ability, the fact it's impossible to hide from him, how the CIA in lore deemed his actions too brutal even for them, his add-ons both display power and intelligence with the chest piece add-ons. Doctor is someone you can't hide from, can't outwit, and can't loop) and he was the major turning stone for Killer lore (Doctor was the first killer who's backstory wasn't about the killers being mistreated or explaining how they got that way, no Doctor WANTED power. Ever since all killers WANTED something, whether it's to kill S.T.A.R.S., kill fake samurais, vengeance, food, or whatever Pyramid Head was idk never played SH2).

The Doctor is both based on terrifying reality and can stand on his own as awesome if you knew none of it. Doctor in my opinion is one of the most influential killers in the game, a posterboy for modern DBD (in my opinion) and THE coolest Killer BHVR has ever made.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256
    Options
    Nemesis

I mean come on he uses a rocket launcher how cool is that.

• SMitchell8
    Options
    Oni

Nemesis got 18 in round 1, only 6 in the final, not really got good coverage in this poll. PH got 23 in his first round.

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Demogorgon

D e m o p u p p y

• SMitchell8
    Options
    Oni

Oni leads by 2, shock!

• SOMENINJANAME
    SOMENINJANAME Member Posts: 294
    Options
    Demogorgon

Yeah, GHOSTFACE deserves to win. Demo is cool though.