why were bubbas problems never addressed

i’m curious to why bubba problems mainly face camping issues were never addressed when he got his rework or buffs last year i know he has a tantrum now but it doesn’t even feel like a penalty it doesn’t make any sense to me how billy was almost completely gutted and is severely punished for face camping and messing up with his power while bubba isn’t at all i’m not saying he needs a nerf but would you guys be against him having a longer tantrum after repeatedly going into a tantrum near a hooked survivor? i know this can be abused so it’s just a thought but what are you guys opinions also i wanna make it clear i don’t not want bubba nerfed

Comments

• aroell
    aroell Member Posts: 477

I think he needs a nerf, I honestly don’t know why he has his braindead instadown thing.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I wasn't around when Bubba was changed. I didn't even know he was changed.

How he was before? What changed? I've always heard about Billy, never about Bubba.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

I mean Bubba's ability to insidious facecamp didn't change when he got reworked ^^ Honestly when they do they are just giving away the game to the remaining survivors ^^

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I see, not good if he needed to glue them to get a hit with the chainsaw...

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

He also more or less had glitched out stats as well such as his chainsaw acceleration(how fast he builds up movement speed while chainsawing) more or less didn't work leaving him at his minimum chain saw movement speed for years.

It also made all acceleration add-ons worthless like his chili add-ons due to this bug.

So he was effectively broken and near unplayable mess for years.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

Because it is literally impossible to prevent face camping Bubba.

He's an insta-down killer that can multi-hit with a shorter charge time than Billy base. Even if you took out his ability to multi-hit, his insta-down guarentees an exchange, making him STILL an amazing face camper, and he has a shorter charge time so he can go after the person unhooked sooner.

Why is Bubba's rev time shorter? Billy moves at 100% while revving while Bubba is slowed to 86.25%; the charge time is shorter since he's actually losing distance by revving.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Come on, noone can do it like bubba. No blocking the killer while someone else unhooks, no tanking hits, and if he instadowns, he downs all, not just one. What other killer can do that?

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

He is still a bit too good at camping imo but yeah otherwise he’s fine

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

The deves noted that camping is a tactic like tunnelling. as other people said.

I understand that they don't want to give rules during the match but to let the players play how they want to play.

This approach to camping is problematic.

• sulaiman

Yet, with meyers, or noed, you can hooktrade. one takes the hit, the other unhooks, and with luck both get away, because of the basic-hit-cooldown. Bubba just goes through all at once.

I dont say he doesn´t need a buff, or deserve a nerf, i just say he is the best at camping there is, and others dont compare to him in that aspect.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

I think bubba is fine in core mechanic. What really stings me is his braindead playstyle. Equipping bamboozle and simply chase suvrs in straight line to a pallet, chainsaw pallet, rinse and repeat till down. Every greed is punished by insta down.

I think he would need some tweak to have a more fun playstyle.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Sure, he is the best at doing that. But he´s not the only one who can do that.

It´s just one of the things survivors have to keep in mind while facing him. Just like other things that they need to keep in mind, while facing other killers (like not running in a straight line against demodoggo, not running in circles against nurse, not going near the basement against trapper, etc.)

Bubba is deadly when its about camping someone.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

You should be honored to be face-camped by Lord Bubba.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Take that iridescent addon that consumes all charges at once.

Now shorten the distance you can go, and you go slower while charging the chainsaw. Basically that

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,373

The only problem I have with Bubba is how his chainsaw interacts with pallets, hate getting downed through one despite there being at least a foot between us when I drop it.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065

Plague can do it. Corrupt Purge shoots through survivors and can't be bodyblocked. If she hooks someone and grabs a fountain, good luck.

Oni can do it. Demon Strike has an AOE and he can hold his power indefinitely, then smash the unhooker and the unhooked player all in one.

Pyramid Head can do it if he injures the rescuer on the way to the hook, but either way, he doesn't care about being bodyblocked.

Bubba's got it the easiest, because he's got the fewest conditions on using his power and the widest range combined, but he's not unique in his ability to camp people to death and it'd be pretty hard to remove this ability without neutering his gameplay otherwise - when he's a pretty balanced killer to face in all other regards.

• sulaiman

Plague and PHead dont oneshot healthy rescuers, though. Oni, you might be right, if he fullfills the condition (but to be fair, its completly in his own hands)

• aroell
    aroell Member Posts: 477

Not really. Bubba is just instadown after instadown. If spirit is playing without strider it’s just a guessing game for both. And if the spirit is bad the survivor will most likely win.