Slugging for the 4k

Options
JHondo
JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

I'm gonna say it.

Fellow killer and both players, this feels like the killer equivalent of Survivors tbagging in the exit gate, it's boring, wastes my time, your time, and imo is rude when you know where the last Survivor is.

Let me move on with my match by sacrificing me instead of leaving me to bleed out ffs. At that point in the game I know I've lost and want to move on, just like when Survivors BM at the open gate you know you've lost and just want to move on.

Comments

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

Yes and no, hitting on hook is BM but it doesn't hold someone in a game for any period of time. I also said it feels like, not that it is. Yeah, it is sweaty as ######### though, I will also give you that.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

I only do it if i'm doing an adept. Or I need to ensure a really toxic player dies...

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508
    Options

Didn't consider that. However, isn't that just referred to as bleeding people out?

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,081
    Options

Well that's why I asked the clarification question and gave my response pending your clarification

• Shooby
    Shooby Member Posts: 226
    Options

It does feel miserable to be slugged for the 4K in a spree, but I understand a killer doing it when there's maybe 1, maybe 2 gens left. At that point, the survivor rulebook is thrown out the window because it's probably a really close game.

Personally I just hook last and whatever happens, happens.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

Well no, T-bagging has no purpose other than spite, slugging for the 4k is a questionable tactic used to milk every last drop of bloodpoints out of a game to circumvent an intentional mechanic implemented by the game developers.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,780
    Options

Honestly I don't really do this anymore

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,994
    edited June 2021
    Options

I only leave people to bleed out on accident. Like I'll knock someone down see a survivor 2 feet away go after them then lose track of the survivor I downed

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843
    Options

Your comparasion is called holding the game hostage because the survivor refuse to do the objective. Its the equivalant of a killer bodyblocking the last survivor in a narrow space like that the only way they have to leave its if they dc because the hatch is open so egc did not start yet.

Slugging for the 4k is the equivalent of the last survivor hiding during egc because he know the gate are to close so the killer is sure to kill them

• StutteringSpartan
    StutteringSpartan Member Posts: 251
    Options

If I played well in accordance to the survivor rule book and hooked everyone 10 times, you can guarantee i’m slugging the final two so I can get my 12 hooks.

Too many times has the last survivor escaped due to a lucky hatch spawn.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

How does that even affect you like, if you're at 10 hook, the difference in bps between 11 and 12 is completely negligible, and you've won the game already anyway

• StutteringSpartan
    StutteringSpartan Member Posts: 251
    Options
  • Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459
    Options

If the killer wants to slug for 4K, the killer has every right to slug for 4K. The killer has earned the 4K at that point and isn't BM in any way and definitely not comparable to teabagging at the exit gate.

It is a repercussion from the removal of the hatch spawning conditions.

A sweaty Nurse slugging all 4 survivors at 5 gens without any reason tho is wasting everyone's time.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

Click on me once. Teabag me once during a game and i will slug for 4k.

• Soulslayer618
    Soulslayer618 Member Posts: 488
    Options

make sure to drink some water if youre gonna have all that salt

(trust me I would know Im the same way)

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options
  • Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 539
    Options

you should be able to kill your character if you've been slugged for longer than 60 seconds.

I used to DC if I was slugged for over a minute while the killer looked frantically for the last guy who was probably hiding in a locker in the basement. With DC penalties being what they are I just tab out, watch YouTube tab back to DBD an hour or two later and just close the game.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    Options

I personaly do not slug for the 4k. Just because I do not like this aspect and because I like the endgame chase and the search.

However I do understand Killers doing it. The game gives you more points for hooking all survivors 3 times or at least sacrificing them. I does not give you points for letting the last suvivor escape. Quiet the opposide it reduces your rating because you let somebody escape.

Now if the only way to get that last sacrifice is to slug and chase the final survivor then this is optimal play.

You are complaining about Killers playing to their objective in the best possible way.

On which ground do you demand this from the Killer?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Teabagging at the exit gates doesn't have a strategic purpose the way 4k slugging does, though.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

slugging for the 4k is just so... boring.

like, for everyone.

and the few bonus points you can maybe make from it are absolutely not worth the amount of extra time put into it either!

i dont mind it if the last person reveals themselves to the killer, thats just stupid on their part, but if the third gets downed and the killer leaves them there to go look for the fourth who could be anywhere on the map, thats just so unnecessary.

btw if you wanna beat a slugging scenario as a survivor, here is how:

1) if you're the one being slugged: crawl away from the spot the killer originally downed you in and try to go somewhere they wont find you when they decide to go and hook you once they realize they cant find the last. you dont wanna give them any bonus BP. do NOT crawl towards your friend though. thats just gonna end up with you ratting them out and everyone dying.

2) if you're the one alive, do NOT try to help your friend. go hide somewhere and try to locate hatch / an exit gate when you think the Killer might know about hatch. rescuing your bud is rarely ever worth it and in 9 out of 10 cases gets you killed aswell. the only time you should try to rescue a slug as the last person alive would be when an exit is available or the killer is far away and you trust both in your own and the slugged persons looping skills to hold out until the last gen is done (which, for this scenario to work, should be pretty progressed by now).

its very boring, but thats just the nature of slugging.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

I imagine if the killer pipping system was as generous as the survivor side then less (not all) would take 3k and a pip to save everyone a load of boring time; its equally boring looking around for survivor who doesn't have to expose themselves as it is to bleed out surely.

The way the system is and has been for too long is that sometimes that last kill can be the difference between a depip and draw or draw and pip sadly; its a pretty bad feeling to end with a depip or draw when the only way you could've realistically done better was getting another hook or 2 but the last survivor gets a free hatch escape at full points while denying the killer Sacrifice points which are needed to rank up, while survivor doesn't need the escape to rank up.

I don't do it and don't particularly enjoy it being done to me, but I have to grudgingly empathise with why they might be doing it.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,100
    Options

Just an honest question out of curiosity but why hours later when bleedout is up to two minutes? Interest in the YouTube video spree or simple frustration?

(Not mocking you here or anything but I would really just like to know since I do the same after getting mass bodyblocked going for a hook, or the like, after a certain amount of meh games as killer.)

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

This strictly depends if I'm even first off in the mood to win, care to win, or have to grind back to rank one (rank reset/new killer dropped me). However in those situations you describe the killer has won the game and is just trying to deny the hatch slugging is part of the game everyone should know this by now. If you want to give risk/give the hatch that should be your choice only just know they wouldn't give you a kill if they stomped you.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    edited June 2021
    Options

I don't think it's unfair or anything. It's just insanely boring and takes forever if the last survivor is good at hiding. An 8 minute game turns into a 13 minute snoozefest. I always think "Wow...I remember my first 4k. Congrats!" Just take a 3k with a possibility of hatch and go next. It's not a tournament.

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737
    Options

closer comparison would be survivors refusing to pop the last gen after the match has been hopeless won, perhaps for the BP, perhaps just to bully the killer.

It is an absolutely dick move on both sides. Total waste of time, just get the match over with and get into the next one.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 539
    Options

because its boring and I forget Im playing or something else has taken my interest

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593
    Options

Ahh yes the average killer using 0 skill to kill all survivors just to get into red ranks not to worry if you can't beat them join them if you get slugged one match go into killer and slug to get your anger out.

Kidding btw don't do this it's horrible and feels cheap God knows how killer mains do it without feeling like they used a game mechanic to hold survivors hostage. Oops I forgot "it's not taking match hostage there's a bleed out timer".

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

Pretty much this. I've had 1 escape many times and saftied as a rank 2. That's just an awful feeling.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    Options

With the nerf to Franklin's Demise, its the one of the last counters to keys. So, expect to see more of it

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

Yeah that is boring.

I am hooking usually. Except:

If they were sweaty swf team or if i am doing challange or adept. Other times last survivor will have chance for hatch

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

98% of my games the survivors wait at the exit gates to tbag and push them out. Im not exaggerating, its stupid rare they just leave.

I dont slug for the 4k, i just dont care, BUT if some killer decides to do that youre not going to change his mind with this argument. And when Im survivor and i get slugged for the 4k, i do whatever I can to not be found. Its like a little minigame for me and I have fun with it.

I think people should chill and let others play how they want if its not against ToS

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

My camping/tunneling significantly increased after the ruin change. Not all killers did those things before that, most do now because it adds pressure when done correctly

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Sometimes they all deserve to die. Prevention of a free escape is legit.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

The only time I ever slug for the 4k is when I'm trying to get adept, when the survivors were toxic, or when i know exactly where the last survivor is. Slugging when you have no idea where the last survivor is just bc is so lame and I'll never do that if I don't have to.