The Nemesis debate is ridiculous

13»

Comments

• BingBongMan
    BingBongMan Member Posts: 631

Rng is used to describe something as being random. Not only as a random number generator.

Stop being bent so out of shape by a simple turn of phrase.

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268

"The nemesis debate is ridiculous"

Proceeds to add their opinion to the debate.

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 1,024

It's always been the other way round: this game needs willing killer players. Always did and always will.

1 killer not playing the game means 5 players not getting a match. A lack of killers has a stronger impact as there are more than enough survivors available to fill vacant spots.

• Mechanix82
    Mechanix82 Member Posts: 185

Nemesis is fun to play as and against. I think the changes should be that survivors do not get the speed boost for the infection hit as ive notice most survivors can waste 1 to 2 minutes just holding W. Also i think tier three should not get a boost in distance i think the distance of the whip in tier 2 is fine but should give you the ability to hit surv and break pallet at the same time. As if you get hit by the killer in this instance you were getting hit regardless and it would make getting to tier 3 worth it as it would be a time saver. As far as the zombies, i was pretty sure BHVR already said they cannot put more Zombies on the map in the current engine i could be wrong on that. They should mainly just work on the zombies AI as to moving around the map. I would say that to be fair if tier 3 were to be that strong it would need to take a little longer to achieve and you would have to nerf his add ons that up that speed.

• MMRSweatQTimeGunBLUL
    MMRSweatQTimeGunBLUL Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2021

They say the same about needing killers to play, and usually survivors outnumber killers to the point where losing some survivors actually makes the game better if it's during a time of killer shortage like the killer position/movement speed patch led to earlier in the year when my survivor queues went from 15-20 mins down to 7 or 8 lol.

That said, nemesis is fine as is for the most part I think. The one thing I would like to see changed is indoor maps having 2 zeds still, while mid-sized maps need 3 zeds and larger outdoor maps like some of the macmillian and cornfields need 3 or 4 zeds on them. I play survivor and find the zeds the most fun thing they've put into the game in along time. Having to walk one off a gen so somebody can finish it or walk one around something so i can rush back and tap a little more into it is a lot less tedious than just holding M1 the whole time and it helps nemesis too by creating small delays tying a survivor up sometimes.

I've also had some of my funniest moment with the zeds like thinking I was gonna get away and gof or a hatch possibly against a nemesis when out of the blue a zed flanks me and slaps me right int he face mid vault while infected and injured. That was hilarious. I am wondering how adding a sort of 'minion' type of system with something like the zeds for certain other killers including existing ones might help the health of the game for killers that have trouble with the game going too quicklyf or them especially ones it happens even using good perks.

They're gonna need to come up with more things to compete with Evil Dead if it's released as fun as the recent gameplay footage makes it look to play and the kandarian spirit is way more chill and fun than killer in dbd is... since if enough killers would rather play that this game is gonna have a rought ime with survivor queues again if they keep complaining and getting killers nerfed especially if they still have their keys by then lmao. Once Evil Dead and Back 4 Blood are released, if I enjoy even one of them vastly more, I don't plan to play dbd again. I left it in late 2016 and only came back last summer during the cake thing ... I have no problem going another 4 years if Evil Dead is way more fun to play for both sides of the game. The same if Back 4 Blood gets a proper Versus mode for campaigns like L4D has. Hopefully Evil Dead is real good and that forces DBD to get better since the competition could keep both games having to stay good and improve themselves.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

I would personally say add more Zombies, but instead of damaging Survivors, they grab and hold Survivors for a few seconds, ala Victor holding lockers shut, while also infecting them if they aren't already.

Make them more of a map-wide threat that doesn't negate Nemesis having to make his way over, but can drastically slow Survivors down if they slip up.

Either that, or make them more of an active threat when spotting a Survivor, namely theough a speed buff. Maybe some AI parhfinding tweaks, too.

• Well, yours will be the 50,001 thread :)

• MMRSweatQTimeGunBLUL
    MMRSweatQTimeGunBLUL Member Posts: 36

yeah a few second or so grapple and then they get shoved would fit the RE theme and also avoid using them as a bump and afree sprint burst when uninfected since I know people are gonna catch onto that and I did pretty quickly too lol.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

Yeah... Zombies pre-infection aren't a major threat, since being infected is a speed boost and nothing more.

If Zombies grappled Survivors who get hit, then they would be pretty darn decent. Even if they died after releasing the Survivor in question.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

Not being stuck useless on random terrain is a fundamentally needed change. I hope we're not arguing that point.

• aroell
    aroell Member Posts: 477

We are not arguing that point, it’s the only thing they need to fix but they are good as they are.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

A killer need to have good map pressure for being at high tier, that's why.

• HipnoE
    HipnoE Member Posts: 68

He needs a power thats useful. Right now his power is worse than M1 because it gives survivors an extra health state. He's an M1 killer with no power, hes not balanced hes new and people haven't realized that his power is useless yet because the shiny paint is just starting to wear off

• Trifling
    Trifling Member Posts: 44

Nemesis doesn't need to infect and damage in one hit. His infection hit just shouldn't give the survivor a speed boost.

• Joshtron
    Joshtron Member Posts: 18

I feel that Nemesis is fairly balanced although the sprint on infection should go. I also agree on the range and how just one meter more could give him that extra little boost. Now hear me out, I'm not saying the zombie AI should be more aggressive, but smarter in the sense that they don't camp or wander into corners causing them to get stuck. Other than that the three hit mechanic seems fine as you could hit/down someone from across the map if your zombies are positioned well. Zombies basically counter wiggle outs and that alone is crazy. Whether or not these changes get made, we still have a fun killer to play.