Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

"DbD HaS A mOnoPOLy On ThE HOrRoR GenRE"

P3ToxicLaurie
P3ToxicLaurie Member Posts: 142
edited June 2021 in Off-topic

While a fair and sorta valid argument, it's not that true.

Games like hsh and last year were all missing one thing; An iconic recognizable main character. This is why F13 the game was able to compete with it. It has a massive fan base of all ages. Granted, DBD didn't have the roster it has now, but F13 blew up in popularity in weeks, and kept going until the lawsuit, slowly losing players over time. With good game design, good fun gameplay, and of course, an iconic main character you can play as will definitely give dead by daylight a run for its money. For example- The new Evil Dead game coming out. It will probably be some very nice competition for dbd, and Ash is already in the game. So, that doesn't exactly rule out other characters who are in dead by daylight from getting their own games like Michael or even Freddy. I hear gun media is developing a new asymmetrical horror game which is probably going to be a Michael Myers game. And the Evil Dead game, is going to be amazing from everything we've seen so far. The gameplay looks amazing, graphics are awesome, amazing recognizable iconic characters. You can literally play as deadites. I don't like hearing people say the argument "dbd has a monopoly" which is true, for games that dont have an iconic main character. They really don't have a chance. But just because dead by daylight has the hall of fame of horror characters, doesn't mean its completely impossible for it to have some intense competition. Now, if they have no licensed characters. Yea, its probably not gonna stand a chance. But I see evil dead putting up a great fight. So make sure you pick up your copy when it comes out, as dead by daylight is in need of some competition badly. I didn't make this post to promote other games, I did it to make the devs open up their eyes and put some effort into the game (which is great, but has tons of flaws, dont get me wrong). This hold they have on the genre isn't going to last forever. So its better they start improving the stuff that isn't healthy for the game before people start finding other stuff to play, like the highly anticipated evil dead game, the gun media game (coming out in a couple years), home sweet home or just stop playing asymmetrical horror games at all. Dbd devs had said themselves that they only work when they want to. Which is fine, up to a degree. But when you're making cashgrabs and breaking the game with every update, something needs to be done before people say screw it and leave or look for another game to play.

Anyways dbd devs I love you, your game, and the whole team behind it. But there is some blaring issues you guys need to fix. I like to think you guys are trying your best, but sometimes people dont make sounds on the floor after like 2 years, nurses blink bug has been in the game since 2018, people can abuse their bad ping to get horrendous hits, you guys botched Claire's face, made everyone pay 400 extra cells for Jills default hair (please just add some dirt or blood to it), broke the servers once again, constant lag spikes, tutorial resets all cosmetics, the map was broken on release, killer adepts are still way too hard to get, sbmm isnt good, tons of bugs. I can go on and on. And you guys only change stuff youre called out on. Otherwise, its swept under the rug. Im not trying to just bash on the game, the reason I made this post is because I care about the game so much and want to see it thrive and be a well designed game at the same time. Like cmon guys! You got 140k viewers on twitch yesterday! Don't introduce all of those people into a bug filled game.

Comments

• P3ToxicLaurie
    P3ToxicLaurie Member Posts: 142

Might move this to general discussion, might annoy people but I would like more people to see this.

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757

With one license (no matter how big it is) they arent gonna do anything imo.It will be closed in a box and it will get boring very fast.

A game needs to have multiple iconic licenses and continue to add more just like DBD.And that sort of game already exist.

DBD is the perfect formula for a "horror kingdom hearts" if you ask me.

This is why i dont think that new Ash game is gonna do anything.And this is why i dont think DBD will ever have an intense competition.

DBD already took the spot of "THE game of the asymmetrical genre".