I'm Just Tired

Options

These have been some of the worst games I have had in the entire 3 years I have been playing this game. I played like 25 or 30 games and only survived once and that was when the ######### killer was farming and I still didn't pip. I lost a pip that game. I have been tunneled and camped, or slugged and died on the ground in literally every game

I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm not here to shame a bunch of killer mains. Tonight just really made me want to quit DBD and I have to tell someone who plays this game and maybe understands.

Comments

• aroell
    aroell Member Posts: 477
    Options

Shows how much killer-sided this game is. Something needs to be done.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Understandable. Be it as survivor or killer, having series of bad games is the worst.

Especially when its due to teammates, map or RNG and not just in fault of your own. This game can be pretty unfair sometimes

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

I am killer main and most times i am escaping as survivor. You just need to be better at chases. Then killer will leave you or killer will all time on you and generators will fly.

And kill rates are normal. I do not know how survivors have problem because all maps are safe for them. Good pallets, good t-l walls etc

• Northener1907
    Options

You will surprise how many people dc'ing or suiciding on hook when i play Freddy. And he is not strong like that.

Blame survivors, not killers.

• AnnaEliza365
    AnnaEliza365 Member Posts: 141
    Options

I don't even care about surviving, I just wanted a pip. I didn't get a single pip that entire batch - and I only black pipped twice. I switched up my build, I changed characters and cosmetics to attract less attention, I brought my best items, I even went the stereotypical blendette for a couple games hoping the immersion would save me even a little.

I don't know if this is just me being over-emotional in general, but after that last game I literally just wanted to start sobbing. Like when you've been holding back tears back for so long your chest starts to hurt and your nose gets stuffy.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

I blame the matchmaking. I have 1400 hours and I get teamed up with people who have as low as 80 hours. It's not a fair game when most of the time I have 1300 more hours than my teammates. It's way too easy to rank up as survivor and it's way harder to learn survivor than it is killer. I barely play killer and I can choose Freddy with ruin + undying and 4K every single game because I get matched up with new survivors.

• AnnaEliza365
    Options

I am at the very least an adept looper. I have been playing almost exclusively survivor since I got the game back right before the clown came out. I even grinded my way from rank 20 back to rank 1 last season after the rank roulette pushed me all the way back. My chasing was not the problem. I had a piggy just slug me and camp my body until I bled out. I died on my first hook almost every time because the killer would just stand directly in front of me, or tunnel me into the ground after my first hook.

Most killers in my experience have dedication issues, and will not leave survivors that are looping them even remotely well. Their bloodlust grows with the killer they're playing.

Also I stated I wasn't looking for sympathy, but that goes both ways. If you felt the need to blame me just move on.

• gendoss
    Options

Every killer is above a 50% kill rate. And most of the roster is 60%+. It would be a balanced game if every killer had 50% but it's not even close.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Sounds nice on paper but in reality, killer needs 3 kills to pip while as a survivor I often pip even if I die. Escaping is not a win, its just a bonus points.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I've been playing solo the last day and its truly been a nightmare. Left to second phase with kindred whilst people loot or dont do gens, body blocked in the middle of chases by people who shouldn't even be there, constant 3 genning despite me trying to prevent it.

Almost makes a man want to go back to SWFing.

But you're right. I think starting with 2020 or so Solo has just been near unplayable. Rarely you'll get a decent team but most of the time there'll be at least 1 or 2 weak links that decimate your chances of escaping.

• Northener1907
    Options

Camping and tunnelling legal tactics. So you can not blame anyone for that. But i get it point. That is annoying yes.

For example, last night i did run one PH for 5 gens. And he get me down with Noed. And my teammates left me die and escaped. That was not fun. But you can get better games. We all can have bad times. I remember once i died 30 - 40 games. And sometimes i am escaping so much. That is just case of bad times - good times.

Point is if you have fun, keep play. But if you have not. Give it break. Good luck for next games, i hope you get better games.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Dont take this as insulting or uncaring. But if you are getting that emotional over a game, it may be healthy for you to take a break.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Doesn't matter how good you are at looping if your team came in with the purpose of doing Rift challenges or just doesn't want to do gens. I ran a Blight for 5 minutes yesterday. Like 5 ACTUAL minutes and 1 gen got done. I died on my first hook. They were all red ranks.

• AnnaEliza365
    Options
  • Schardon
    Schardon Member Posts: 177
    Options

That's less of a balancing issue and more of a combination of matchmaking + balancing.

Those statistics include kill rates of every rank. Killers tend to be way stronger at higher ranks but start to lose power as they get closer to red ranks.

Some Killers are busted though, I agree with that. Nurse would be one of them. On the other hand though you NEED those Killers to exist because a competent SWF can stomp almost every killers except for a few ones.

• gendoss
    Options

No it's separated by all ranks and red ranks. The kill rate actually goes way down at all ranks, they become more powerful at red ranks. That's because the matchmaking is really bad and it's way easier to learn killer than survivor but there is a serious problem that in the average game almost every killer gets above a 65% kill rate and it needs to change.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

65% is still just 2 kills a game. Or maybe 2.65 kills a game.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

Same thing happened to me with this update. Give killer a try! It’s pretty fun and not as stressful as people make it out to be. No one can force you out of the match as a killer.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited June 2021
    Options

@AnnaEliza365

Hang in there. I play in high ranks and mostly in SWF and it's been a nightmare when it comes to the amount of camping and tunneling I see in those ranks.

I was talking to a friend who just came back to the game after a long time of not playing, and got tunneled to death almost every single match, but I did manage to help in certain situations where I could. I can't even imagine those people who are just new and want to try the game out for themselves. Especially when one of the biggest, if not the best option to counter Camping and Tunneling is attached to a character they have to purchase: Decisive Strike.

Matchmaking is at it's worst and we can't even try to ease some of these playstyles because we don't even have information... anything AT ALL to help us understand our other teammates skill level even to some extent. Only way is to check their hours played and even then that information isn't always available.

Seems very strange that they are actively trying to come up with the best matchmaking system possible, but don't allow us to see if we are unmatched when that in and of itself will make a huge difference in a match.

Anyway, last thing I will say is you are not alone. Many people have had to deal with those type of matches for a long time now.

• Northener1907
    Options
  • gendoss
    Options

Yeah, it's closer to 3 than it is 2. More often than not it'll be a 3K and that's probably only because of the hatch which is a dumb mechanic anyway.

• gendoss
    Options

And before undying. Ruin + undying has like a 50% use rate.

• Northener1907
    Options

I am sure killer rates like %60 for now. Maybe seem like high but most times survivors dying their own mistakes. Sometimes i am playing solo survivor and it is terrible. Some guys coming with flashlight. Killer is chases me for 2 3 minutes and this guys are not on gen, they also following us for flashlight save. And then when i get down, they are failing with save and giving killer free hits. And we are losing game.

If they would do gens when i was in chase, we would win. Cases like that so much on solos. Survivors only losing when they are rejecting do gens or they are bad at chases. That's all.

• gendoss
    Options

Yes I agree. I think it's because of the matchmaking. I always get matched with really bad survivors who can't even loop a legion for more than 10 seconds, so when they fix the matchmaking the kill rates will go down. But it's still a problem and solo survivor can be terrible sometimes.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Most maps have like 5 good pallets at most lol. Dead dawg doesn’t even have that.

• Northener1907
    Options

Hope MMR will fix that. Devs seriously working hard on it. Last test was terrible but i am sure they can fix it. And when same skilled killers and survivors face with each other, games will be more fun. Hopefully.

• Schardon
    Options

That, again, is a matchmaking issue though. You can't just nerf almost every killer because the matchmaking in this game is non-existent. BHRV should just implement a MM already. I mean seriously, every PvP game has it... it's embarrassing not to have it after 5 years of being released.

A Killer having 75% kill rate means that he sometimes gets 4ks and sometime just gets 2k. Averaging around 3k so 75%. With everything below 75% those killers more often than not just get 2ks.

Idk about you but I'd rather sit around rank 10 and have balanced matches than to sit at rank 1 and either get absolutely stomped as Killer or I absolutely stomp survivors.

Because that what my games look like most of the time. Either I get 1k if even that or I 4k everyone without a sweat. I don't have "close" games most of the time because the MM is horrible. THIS is what has to get fixed.

• Northener1907
    edited June 2021
    Options

Dead Dawg supporting sneak gameplay. You can not play with same tactics on all maps. For example The Game, so much pallets and you can waste some of them early. But if you do that on Dead Dawg, you will die and you will kill all loops for survivors. Just adept maps lol

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    Options

@AnnaEliza365

We have all been there, believe me. I also have a rant post from way back regarding this..

Once I got from rank 2 to 6 in a 2 day span. I try to take it easy on this game but sometimes it just gets to you. Most people playing this game a chilled people but you can get really unlucky as well facing these people who wants to make life miserable for you. Even worse facing them game after game. Both survivors and killers.

It can only get better from where you are right now :)

• WexlerWendigo
    Options

Can’t really suggest stealth as an option when the devs have made it clear they don’t like it in the game, and heavily nerfed it. You can’t win a game hiding in a bush.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

The past 10-12 matches I played as Killer were only with Shadowborn and no Add-ons and I won all of them. Like I said in another thread, Perks and especially slowdown Perks are overrated in most matches because of how average most teams are.

Against the top teams no Killer, even with 4 slowdown Perks can win except Nurse, maybe Spirit and maybe Blight.

But yeah, hitting a certain spot as Killer can make you good enough to win with no Perks consistently.

My mind might change once MMR comes out since good players will play against good players and then slowdown Perks might be needed. But at the moment Perks aren't needed as Killer for the most part.

• Northener1907
    Options

You can make killer search you around. When killer find you, you can use loop areas because that map is not full with dead zones. It has good loops. And you wasted killer's so much time. Your teammates finished gens. Survivors won. Next?

• WexlerWendigo
    Options

Killers don’t spend half an hour looking for survivors at high ranks. They also have a million tracking perks, and rarely stumble around bushes.

• Northener1907
    Options

Yes i know. If killer leaves you because did not wasted time with search you, now you can finish your gen.

• WexlerWendigo
    Options

Most maps only have trees next to gens, where are you meant to hide in shelter woods?

• Babawizwiz
    Babawizwiz Member Posts: 347
    Options

This game is Killer-sided? Get good lmao. You play solo queue so expect useless teammates, this is the same in every other game (csgo, dota, lol). Having 4 survivors with half a brain is enough to consistently win games.

• gendoss
    Options

Yes I never disagreed with it being a matchmaking issue although I believe there are some problematic killers like Freddy and Spirit. The first MMR test was amazing for me, almost every game was really close and balanced and all the games I was in averaged around a 2K so it was really good. I have 1400 hours and I get matched with teammates who have as low as 80 hours, it's not a fair game if I have 1300 more hours than my teammates.

Imagine if a game like League of Legends matched people like that, it would be terrible.

• aroell
    Options

I think you are the one that should get good, if you can’t win against 4 people with half a brain then you are damn bad, they actually changed the tutorial so you can practice against bots, I would recommend that for you.

• Northener1907
    Options

If you are mentioned for MacMillan, Red Forest, Asylum, Swamp all of this maps have so good pallets and walls. You can loop killer. If killer catching you in dead zone, that is your mistake. Do not blame maps because those maps have strong and safe loops for survivors.

• BronzeHandModel
    BronzeHandModel Member Posts: 116
    Options

What??? Sorry. Why do you think the killers tunnel and camp? Most of them because its survivor sided. I dont tunnel or camp and i lose 50%.

• WexlerWendigo
    Options

Most gens are in dead zones lol. You can’t avoid going to dead zones when the objective is there. Specifically with the Nemesis, he makes almost every pallet unsafe.

• Northener1907
    Options

You can hear TR, so if killer is coming you be ready to go loop area. Easy.

If killer is silent, use Spine Chill. It is really so good perk, i am using on my most survivor builds. It countering all killers in game.

• aroell
    Options

Excuse me? The fact that tunneling and camping is still a thing 5 years after this game has been released shows how much BHVR care about survivors, they nerfed decisive strike, a completely fair antitunnel perk and even object of obsession, I mean what more could you ask for? Wraith is completely broken right now and you think this game is….. survivor-sided?

• Schardon
    Options

Yes, League of Legends would probably be dead by now. I'm surprised this game still is so popular even due to this horrendous matchmaking but that's probably just because it doesn't have any proper competition. If there was a competitor to DbD as there is DotA2 to LoL, I imagine this game having a rough time.

Gotta be honest here - some days I'm like "well this game is fun" other days I'm like "I'm gonna uninstall it now for good.. I can't be asked to deal with this anymore" depending on what matches I get.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

This thread has kinda diverted itself from the original point but I digress.

OP, I'd suggest taking a break, even if only for a day or two. It's so, so helpful when you feel yourself getting annoyed close to tears- I speak from experience.

In the meantime, allow me to divert your focus to something substantially more enjoyable than solo-q DBD:

A baby donkey cuddling a teddy bear.

• aroell
    edited June 2021
    Options

Really? Because that is not true, I would rather play an autohaven wreckers than haddonfield. You probably play basement bubba man, come on.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    Options