Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Nemesis is not weak, he is a B tier killer

It’s funny how during the PTB, most killer mains on here talked about how good it was to have a new decently strong killer after Trickster. But as soon as he’s been released, a huge amount of people on here are saying he’s bottom tier, without even trying to take some time to learn how to play him.

It’s honestly hilarious to see the 180 that has happened on here. The speed boost he gives upon contamination is extremely minor, as he is very strong in a majority of the loops in the game. He has anti-loop, game slowdown with the vaccine (not a lot, but it also gives him info when a survivor collects a vaccine), zombies that slow down gens and bodyblock for him, etc. He has a lot going for him, and to think you can master him in a day is extremely entitled. His power is very strong, and he has downsides like a balanced killer should have.

Also, you only need to hit survivor’s three times a maximum of four times a game, as the vaccines are limited. He is a B tier killer, and one of the most balanced released in a long time.

Comments

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I think a lot of the problem comes from people's idea of what Nemesis is from RE games vs what a killer in DbD can be. Fans want rocket launchers and an unstoppable killer, regardless of how broken it would be

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

A lot of people have been comparing him to Plague, and how it’s unfair that she doesn’t give a speed boost, but he does. The major difference is that Plague can take MUCH longer to injure survivors than Nemesis does. If a survivor is on a decent loop, it can take a lot of vomiting to get them fully infected. When Nemesis hits a survivor, that’s half the work (and only needs to hit survivors 3 times at a max of 4 times a game), and will absolutely have the potential to injure faster than Plague, as his power works as an anti-loop. Plague’s vomit is not an anti-loop power, so there is no comparison.

I think Plague is stronger than Nemesis, but to say he shouldn’t give a speed boost because Plague doesn’t is absurd.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

He's pretty good, I found a solid playstyle from playing about 100 or so trials that not many players are talking about so he's my new main.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Yes he's the only killer in the game who can destroy a pallet and injure you in 1 hit (except for Lopro Chain Billy). He always can force you into a position where you either drop the pallet and get hit along with the pallet being destroyed, or you don't drop the pallet at all and just die anyway.

His tentacle has no warning unlike PH's shockwave ability and has a lingering hitbox. He definitely has the potential to be the best looper in the game outside of Spirit and Nurse.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I agree he is solid B tier from what I have seen so far.

But people do this stuff with every new killer, doesn't even matter if the killer is strong or weak, many people complain about it 2 minutes after release, it needs more time than that.

Nemesis is out 2 days and forum is full of Nemesis weak/Zombies too strong posts smh

• WexlerWendigo

Completely wrong. Nemesis can get two hits with his power extremely easily, he makes most of the loops in the game unsafe, and that shouldn’t come without a drawback.

• WexlerWendigo

People are literally saying he’s the worst killer, it’s not as obvious to think he’s better than trickster as you may believe. It’s fine if people think he’s C tier, but to say he’s even comparable to Trickster, Trapper, etc is absolute insanity.

• WexlerWendigo

That’s like saying Nurse’s blinks are hard to hit. When you have a power that negates many loops in the game, there should be some skill required to use it effectively.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

Yeah, I have no idea why some people think he's in the same tier as Trickster & Legion.. that's just ridiculous.

I'd agree that he is a B tier killer and with a few minor buffs, he'd be top-tier in no time because of how much variety his kit has, similar to Freddy. He has chase ability, map information, and map pressure. The only thing he doesn't have is mobility, but you can't have it all.

Maybe some people got overly-excited for him and as a result sees his power as weak, but I mean come on. He just came out, people need to take time to both learn to play against him & as him.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

So just to sum it up: he needs 3 hits, has a high skill ceiling, has no mobility, but is comparable to nurse now?

Wow...

• WexlerWendigo

Never said he was in the same league as Nurse. My point is that if you can easily hit survivors in 95% of loops, that shouldn’t come without a cost.

• WexlerWendigo

Agree 100%. I’m not sure if people expect every killer released to be easy to play, but this outrage is too much.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

He's good but has a few problems, the main ones being infecting survivors giving a speed boost, zombies being jank and hitbox tomfoolery

aside from those he's pretty good

• Tsulan

But he can´t hit survivors easily at loops. Huntress literally has it easier than him during loops. Because his whip hitbox is so small.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Ah buddy you might want to delete your post because nemesis can't simultaneously hit a survivor and a pallet its one or the other. Also nemesis loses more ground whilst his tentacle is out. Even if his looping is solid which tbh is way to early to say since actual survivor tech is still move awkwardly to make it difficult to hit. I'm sure more nuanced approaches to looping nemsis will be discovered. honestly nemsis just seems like a crappier demo. Just replace zombies with portals. Shred on demo is less slowdown and longer range. It makes so little sense how people can look at the rooster of killers and think nemsis anti loop is one of the best compared to doctor, demo, spirit, nurse, deathslinger, huntress etc.

• gendoss
    edited June 2021

*he can injure you and break a pallet with the same hit* I misspoke.

• WexlerWendigo
  • gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I actually agree with you, I think for now we should let it sit, I don't think Nem actually needs any buffs.

Right now there is almost zero counterplay to him outside of using that additional infection hit to hold W and waste as much time as possible, he can play most loops and its very hard to dodge the projectile if the killer doesn't panic.

Low walls are an immediate win for him, much like Trickster, but unlike Trickster he can ready his power extremely quickly for hits at pallet drops and can even chew through pallets once at Level 2.

I've played a straight day as survivor and now a straight day as killer and I'll say this.

Nemesis... isn't very fun to play against. Really fun to play as but there's no real counterplay as survivor. If they remove the speed boost on infection hit his kill rate will skyrocket and he'll probably get nerfed anyway.

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454

Am I the only one who thinks hitting survivors with the tentacle is super easy?

Yes, giving survivors a sprint boost on the first hit seems bad but once they are infected you can end chases with it pretty quick.

That's what I have observed so far.

• gendoss
    edited June 2021

I already clarified, that's what I meant. If you don't go down the pallet gets broken and if you go down well then it didn't matter anyway, it's a lose/lose with the same tentacle strike. At least with Pyramid Head if he misses it won't take a pallet.

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583

Well pyramid has the tradeoff of being able to hit through walls, so I don't think you want to die on that hill.

• Tsulan

Because she has to get the hatchet out? Oh look a tentacle, he´s ready do use his m2!

• DerpyPlayz
    edited June 2021

I actually agree with you, I think for now we should let it sit, I don't think Nem actually needs any buffs.

Hm, I don't know about buffs either.

I think however Zombie AI needs fixing, and if a zombie hits someone that it doesn't give a sprint burst, at the very least they should consider giving the nemesis some of his power for zombie hits because rn the meta for vsing him is letting zombies hit you for either a sprint burst during chase, or/and to nullify his T2/3 from being obtained.

Right now there is almost zero counterplay to him outside of using that additional infection hit to hold W and waste as much time as possible, he can play most loops and its very hard to dodge the projectile if the killer doesn't panic.

The counter play with him is the same as most other killers, albeit with more precise movement needed. Safe loops are still safe, although dangerous loops are insanely dangerous with him so he can get cheeky hits there. Certain god windows he can play around, other ones he is completely countered by. Just depends really, but there is counterplay.

Low walls are an immediate win for him, much like Trickster, but unlike Trickster he can ready his power extremely quickly for hits at pallet drops and can even chew through pallets once at Level 2.

Not really, you can't really hit through walls it seems and this seems to apply to low walls. Least I haven't been able to hit anyone through low walls, although if the survivors just pay attention to you they don't really have to give you the choice to either.

Nemesis... isn't very fun to play against.

Thats subjective, I don't mind playing vs him and my friend likes it.

If they remove the speed boost on infection hit his kill rate will skyrocket and he'll probably get nerfed anyway.

Seriously doubt that would be the case.

• DerpyPlayz
    edited June 2021

No he does not. I wish he did, that might actually make him really good though. Not sure that would be balanced though so its best he is left where he is in that degree.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

No he has to have a gap in or over the wall to hit the survivor. Basically if your head is sticking over the wall he can hit you through it at least from my experience's. I have tried before hitting through walls that obstructs the head of the survivor and it always fails. I have yet to test every tile that being said. Ph also has the cage of atonement and an inbuilt mori. with hazordus field that allows you to more directly control where you can track survivor movement. Ph is definitely stronger then nemsis and that's without factoring 3 hits to down which is a massive problem.

• gibblywibblywoo
    edited June 2021

You can definitely hit over most low wall objects in the entire game. Its just that the hit is inconsistent. It happened in the PTB too. Nemesis couldn't hit you over a trash can but could hit you over something that was as tall as him.

As of right now I honestly think he can ready the tentacle too fast. Even when I was pre dropping pallets on high walls the nemesis could easily ready it up and hit it at an awkward angle and land on me. I think that might be because of that weird lingering hitbox though.

I'm still unsure if its actually the tentacle or the blue line that deals damage.

I like the zombies thematically but I do dislike how they can essentially play the game for him. Maybe make them infect/injure only but not down.

• gendoss
  • DerpyPlayz

You can definitely hit over most low wall objects in the entire game. Its just that the hit is inconsistent. It happened in the PTB too. Nemesis couldn't hit you over a trash can but could hit you over something that was as tall as him.

Hm, well if its not consistent then its not completely a threat. So your point of it just instantly being winning doesn't hold?

As of right now I honestly think he can ready the tentacle too fast. Even when I was pre dropping pallets on high walls the nemesis could easily ready it up and hit it at an awkward angle and land on me. I think that might be because of that weird lingering hitbox though.

I could not disagree more, if they change that they will kill this killer faster then they killed the nurse.

The ready up time is absolutely fine, and there are mindgames the survivior can do as counterplay if they predict Nemi is about to slap them with his tentacle.

I'm still unsure if its actually the tentacle or the blue line that deals damage.

Its the blue line, I realize when I hit in front of where someone is going, even if I miss, if the come in contact with the blue fire then it will hit them still.

I sorta think of it as a lingering effect in the area for roughly 0.5 second(s).

I like the zombies thematically but I do dislike how they can essentially play the game for him. Maybe make them infect/injure only but not down.

They can help out big time sometimes, but its rare. Most of the time they glitch in place, or get stuck on something.

• DerpyPlayz
    edited June 2021

Couldn't care less what you think if its just assertion that doesn't add to conversation. He can't hit through walls. I have tried it before and it doesn't work.

• WexlerWendigo

There was plenty of posts during the PTB about how Nemesis felt good to play, and asking survivors not to have him be nerfed.

• StreetRat115
    StreetRat115 Member Posts: 54

I agree, his tentacle is a bit too wonky so I imagine that's why people struggle with him including me, he's doesn't Excell at something but he isn't trash. If they removed the speed boost after infecting a survivor I honestly think he'll be around low A high B tier killer

• DerpyPlayz

Sure, no way was that the majority though. It was a mix, some people thought he was ok and some didn't.

I found more of the experienced players I know/met said that they thought he was weaker then what they would of thought. Some thought that he was fine. A few even were disappointed by his ability rather then talking about how effective it was.

The line was crossed both ways, I just don't like how OP is framing it as most thought X, when that was not true. Most of the player base is completely cut off from the PTB as console doesn't even have it. The PC player who do, most of them don't play it. At least the ones I have seen.

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673

When did they "Kill nurse" What are you talking about? The nerf that didn't let everyone get easy wins with her?

• DerpyPlayz
    edited June 2021

Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about. When the changed her to make her more balanced, alot of the people who played her stopped playing her.

Albeit if they changed Nemi with the before idea, it would likely make him either unplayable to insanely hard to use. So he wouldn't be viable really, the comparison of him and the nurse wasn't about balance though, it was mostly about play rate to clarify in specific about what I said.

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673

She's always had a low play-rate, even before the nerf, but I get what you're saying now.

• gibblywibblywoo

This is true, He readies his whip significantly faster than Huntress and has less "travel time" on the hit. So its not directly comparable.