Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Who else absolutely despises the RPD map and hopes it stays disabled forever?

KayK99
KayK99 Member Posts: 94

The map is way too much of a maze in my opinion.

Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Never played on it yet. I am waiting for new map so long and now this happened smh

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited June 2021

Here is what worries me about this map.

Any mobility killer. Like that must be the most boring map to play as any mobility killer (Billy, Blight, etc.). I thought Laboratory map is the worst (after Lerrys) but this one is the next level.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

It's like if that one maze-like map tile got it's own map.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

i believe you now @miketheratguy

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited June 2021

I also hope it takes them a long time to get the map working. Even as someone who's religiously played the RE2 remake I despise playing on it in DbD. Sure it's a cool looking map but I'd rather do an entire playthrough of Umbrella Corps than play on that damn map again.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

About what, the incessant, entitled, tiresome, endless whining and whining and whining and whining and whining every day, all day, in 20 threads per week, about how "everyone" hates the indoor maps and no one should be allowed to enjoy them because a bunch of selfish killer mains can't stand having anything other than open fields with no obstacles to get 4Ks on?

Or was it something else?

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,367

I would like to play on it at least once before I draw any conclusions, the map was already disabled by the time my ps4 finished updating the game.

• miketheratguy

It's got pallets on it and it's not a giant open area, thus it's BAD AND POORLY DESIGNED AND MAKES LIFE ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE FOR EVERYONE.

This "disable all indoor maps" ######### is getting out of hand. How about we just disable everything so NOBODY gets to enjoy anything in this game? People act as if getting the RARE indoor map that pops up maybe once or twice a day is like being thrown in front of a moving train that's on fire and built out of AIDS-infected hypodermic needles. Good GOD people, pump the brakes on the ######### melodrama.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

Only had it for an hour so can't really say. It looks nice, seemed like it needed more routes but Midwich wasnt so bad once you learned it.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Raccoon City Streets should have been the map. Would also fit better with Nemesis as the maps are usually created after the killers memory I think. (Yeah I know there are already exceptions to this especially on licensed chapters..)

but I actually had fun playing on RPD. From a casual point of view that is.

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392

I like unique maps. They have so much more potential with interesting plays than having same layout on every map. Looking forward to trying out my killers on it once mobile phone users can run the map again.

• TruffleTurtle
    TruffleTurtle Member Posts: 614

While I'm not an "indoor map lover", I enjoy being on most of them except for lerys. Once people learn the tiles it will be better. In my opinion, as long as there are many ways to go up and down (like on midwich) it'll be fine. Saying it's poorly designed just because you don't like it isn't exactly fair

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
  • gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I had a blast on it as Nemesis/Leon in the PTB but I think that was just me fanboying out over it actually being a good map. It's probably gonna be an instaquit for me with most killers like Hawkins.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I would actually say from playing it a bit in the PTB that there need to try and be accurate and not change too much has actively made it a bad map for gameplay. Extremely safe unmindgameable pallets, strong loops that lead into a gauranteed safe vault, etc.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

For me, indoor map is what they should start in the beginning. It has build in Gen slow down. However the only good indoor map for game play wise is Lery & old Game, and may be Hawkin for some extend. If Midwich has more way to go between 2 floors (especially going upward), it would be not that bad. Racoon is just bad.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I'm looking forward to it be unlocked again. I love the map. Granted, I'm on a PC and didn't have any technical issues. The fact that it is a maze isn't an issue. That is the fun. Besides, within two weeks of it being in the rotation again, everyone will KNOW that maze just fine. The people with technical issues have legitimate complaints; the rest of you just love to complain.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

You’re gonna get used to playing on it. First time always feels like a maze

• Sabraiz
    Sabraiz Member Posts: 566

Now you're being a bit childish when you apparently don't grasp WHY killers dislike indoor maps, especially Midwich and now RPD. The biggest issue for killer is that there is no skill involved on those maps at all just hold W until you can get close enough to hit and then repeat ad naseum, there is no mind games just W.

You do know that the majority of killers only move at 4.6 m/s, while survivors move at 4.0 m/s right? That is only a difference of 0.6 m/s. It means that a distance of 6 meters between a survivor and the killer is 10 seconds of holding W. And the fact that has been mentioned many times in other threads of why Midwich is bad is that you cannot cut the survivor off by moving diagonally, you are forced to follow in a straight line.

Unless you're right on top of someone when you start the chase, you can waste multiple minutes walking around the upper floor hallway before even beginning a chase with the survivor, since a chase can only begin when the killer is less than 15 meters from the survivor. And this is why the majority of people dislike Midwich.

Compared to almost any outdoor map, which you complain about, where actual skill from both survivor and killer matter, Midwich is a bad map for this type of multiplayer game.

Also indoor maps don't only pop up once a day, survivors are never afraid to use map offerings to get maps where they have the advantage on.

And before "killer main", I play about 80% survivor and 20% killer, most of the time I just touch killer for the dailies, especially the stronger ones, Demo for life.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

I hope not, i love indoor maps

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568

Haven't seen the map for myself. I would like to play on that map.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063
    edited June 2021

I figured out where four gen spawn locations were before the map got shut down. One more and I might actually be able to complete a game on it.

I progressed a whole hook stage in half of those games because my teammates couldn't figure out how to get to me from their location.

It's beautiful, but so much of a maze that it puts Lery's to shame. At least Lery's has signs from a distance that can be used to find gens. Midwich's main path is quite straightforward. The Game is a maze, but it has so many access points between floors that getting lost is less impactful. RPD wasn't built for DBD gameplay and it shows.

• Sabraiz
    edited June 2021

I got you covered, did it by memory so not 100% and only played it like three times on PTB and twice on live before being disabled.

First Floor

Second floor

Those are the possible generator spawns that I know off. Yellow are passageways where you can walk through, turqoise is drop downs from second floor to first floor, dark red line above Darkroom is one of the basement spawns. The base map is shamelessly borrowed from RE2 Remake.

Edit: I missed a passageway that goes into the lower part of the Darkroom from the left.

Edit 2: Also missed the added stairs to second floor in the West Wing, it's the west hallway to the left of Records Room and you end up outside the S.T.A.R.S Office.

Edit 3: Updated the maps with the few doors/passageways I forgot the first time, added the new west wing stairs. Also as requested by @Saitamfed, I hope I got what you meant somewhat correctly, I added arrows indicating the direction of stairs, I hope it made it clearer, if not let me know. I appreciate the feedback.

Once again I apologize for my paint skills. :D

Post edited by Sabraiz on
  • Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Oh god, thank you. I was looking for a reference guide before it went offline and couldn't find one. Gonna bookmark this on my phone to use when the map goes back online. You're a lifesaver.

I have seen a gen in both the library and the lounge (obviously not at the same time, it was one or the other.)

• Sabraiz

I should also probably mention that the top generator in the main hall on both the first and second floor is the same generator, just to make sure there is no confusion.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

As a Blight main, I'm dreading that map. That map is the epitome of M1 Blight gameplay. It's worse than every other indoor map for Blight.

Very pretty map though.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Man, the map's more of a maze than Lery's and Hawkins!

But I'm not final on my opinion just yet. I'll have to play on the map more, once it's reenabled.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

+1, the map is so big and full of corridors and safe pallets it basically encourages killers to camp one side of the map and hooks.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

I thank you for it but, would you have a problem with placing an arrow that goes to the upper floor, I mean from the lower floor you start the line of the arrow and it ends on the direction the stairs are going up, not the ones that are in the floor and goes and lift the terrain a bit but doesn't go towards the other floor.

I hope you don't mind the comment, I know it's a hard work to do so... I am a master builder so I know how hard is to do a blueprint... I was just saying as an easier way for people to understand the map... I haven't played a lot on the map either so the only stairs I know they go upstairs are the main hall ones and the fire escape ones... if they're the only ones feel free to let me know.

I can also add that detail, if you want. I might need to play RE to get a better vision of the map...

• Fnatic47
    Fnatic47 Member Posts: 396

So many crying babys this days...

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Normally i don't have that much of a issue navigating indoor maps (Lerys is my favourite and i can usually loop and navigate it no problem) but honestly RPD is even worse to move around then Hawkins, mainly due to the lighting and size (plus a larger second floor)

• Sabraiz

I don't mind the comment at all, thanks for the input. I could absolutely do that, There is just on problem that I don't know how to do in that case. Which is that the "second floor" of the main hallways is visible on both floors. But I'll do the changes and if there is anything else, please do let me know.

I also do apologize for the random RE2 item locations, which aren't there for the DBD version, hazard of borrowing the map from somewhere.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I need the trophy for repairing the gen in the Main Hall.

• miketheratguy

Well thank you. I'm fine with people not liking them, but it bugs the piss out of me when people get so dramatic about how much they seemingly ruin people's entire lives and need to be eliminated because screw the people who like them (of which there are plenty).