There is no perk right now which i would call op

TicTac
TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

I see all this threads about tinkerer, dead hard, noed, even bbq. But imo they are all fine. What we need right now is buffing weak perks, not nerfing stronger ones.

Noed is a little exception bc it feels annoying if a facecamping killer gets one kill more, but its not op and when the killer played the match to win and not to facecamp from the start its a deserved powerboost imo.

But back to the point. DS, Object, Undying etc were perks which really deserved a nerf and the time spend for it was worth it. No perk right now is similar to them. So bhvr ressources could be really used for more important things like monstrous shrine and co for example.

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

i think noed just needs a speed boost removed, or make it so you get stacks on the speed for a hook on each survivor and beaing away after unhook.?

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I think the game is in pretty balanced state right now.

And I agree that weak perks need buffs instead of nerfing the strong ones

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158
    edited June 2021

Ugh...

It's not about sole perks being op

but perks in combination with other perks being op.

Not op, but more like really really strong & annoying

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

generally I would agree that the current meta perks aren’t OP. But some could use some adjustments still..

I think exhaustion on its own could do with another downside other than no exhaustion perks usable. They are just extending chases without any risk, something like louder breathing or minimal running speed reduction, both make sense for exhaustion and would help to not just unconditionally extend chases. It would also give addons/perks that cause exhaustion some use against survs that are not running exhaustion perks.

killer aura readings like BBQ or Lethal Pursuer could use some adjustment regarding the specific killers mobility. just as an example look at Blight against Trickster.. High mobility killers already have the upper hand, it kinda feels unfair that the aura reading time is the same for both as one can’t really do much with the information where for the other one it’s a free hit..

Also give BT some downside for the user. It’s a strong perk against camping and almost necessary but it also promotes farming your mates and making unnecessary risky saves.

other than that, just continue buffing weaker perks and try out more especially on PTB. lucky break is a good example, they tried something new and on PTB pretty OP, adjusted it for live a little bit too much but now found a good balance and brought a viable perk (IMO)

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389

I think prove thyself is the only one that is kinda overpowered.

Dead Hard is....yeah so good, but the problem for me is how this perk changed chases. I feel like survivors would have a hard time trying to escape a chase without DH now...they have like a bad habit.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

No perk on it’s own is OP but certain combos can definitely be insane. A great example is Ruin undying and tinkerer

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

What, have you never heard of Buckle Up before? xd

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Dead Hard is insanly op.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,369

As others have said, the main problem with some perks is when they are used in combination with other things.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Monstrous Shrine is OP

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

There's ones that are just objectively better but I don't think theres anything OP now that unbreakable/DS combo is nerfed.

• HighwayCatalyst
    HighwayCatalyst Member Posts: 378

Slippery meat is suuuper op. Make unhooking yourself even easier?? Absolutely insane.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Can't believe none of you have mentioned shadowborn. I mean come on, why have an optional setting in the menus when you can use up an entire perk slot for an advantage that's so ambiguous you have absolutely no idea if it's actually helping! But hey, at least your eyes will be relieved having just escaped from low-FOV Hell.

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88

For solo survivor and killers I agree this is more or less accurate. There are some brokenly power perk synergies for dedicated SWF groups though.

• Forrestgump
    Forrestgump Member Posts: 60

Dead hard for distance is by far the strongest perk in the game, i literally use it in every survivor build.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

There's plenty of unfair perks that deserve a nerf, mostly second chance perks or solo-preying perks. Other perks need buffed, yes, but free second chances are ######### stupid, as are perks that disproportionately affect solo survivors such as Tinkerer, Knockout and Third Seal. Also, just ######### NOED, that perk's effect is weaker than its "counter" and completely unearned.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

No mither to op. Can't even de pip with this perk :(

• TicTac

Im fine with everybody running one exhaustion perk. I would like map changes more to shorten chases. But louder breathing could work.

The aura reading over long distances or even notifications like discordance will always be better on movement killer. So i would prefer a map size reduction for big maps to even the playing field.

My biggest problem with BT is the bodyblocking. The survivor affected with BT should lose collision imo.

• TicTac

I think the problem with dead hard is that there are so many safe pallets you can reach with it. The survivor drops the pallet and can relax. If the pallets would be weaker dead hard wouldnt extend chases that easily.

• TicTac

Its oppressing. But you can destroy the totems and tinkerer without regression is torture for the killer. He knows he will lose, but cant do anything against it.

But totem destroyer perks will never be meta for some reason.

• TicTac

Only bc maps are op. When i can reach a safe pallet with dead hard its a big difference to only reaching a weak pallet.

• TicTac

But with this argument many killer are problematic, too. Stealth killer for example are for solos a lot stronger. Nerfing something bc of solo makes no sense. They should solve the problem (buffing solos) instead of lessen the effect of this problem.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Agree, first we should start buffing really useless perk insted of nerfing good perks. Most perks that could be considered OP are just annoying so a couple of those could get a rework but I'd rather see buffs to weak perks insted.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Because in about half the games they’re dead slots that waste time? Pop corrupt is equally meta on most killers so it’s kinda a 50/50 whether they’ll even be useful.

That’s why hunch is the best imo since it at least gives gen info too

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Personally, I think rancour & devour hope are the closest it gets really strong, but not overpowered.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Personally, I hate facing Dead Hard as a whole and I find the perk to be overwhelming due to the fact that dead hard counters literally everything and can cover up a mistake a survivor made as a whole however it’s just my opinion

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Which would be a direct nerf to solo-preying perks and tactics. That being said, there is no possible way to buff solo's against indefinite aura removal.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Ruin/Tinkerer can be extremely oppressive if the totem is well hidden, RNG sucks

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

I know that you're probably being sarcastic but to be fair, Slippery meat genuinely can be kind of insane in a swf. If all 4 Survivors use slippery meat accompanied by some luck offerings and maybe an up the ante or two, then self unhooking is all but guaranteed. The ability to unhook oneself is not to be underestimated.

Say the Killer hooks someone: Now in a normal match that means that the Killer can go off and chase someone, meanwhile another Survivor is forced to go for the save. So in a normal match of DBD, a Killer hooking someone means that they can typically keep up to three people off gens for a brief period. Now let's look at a similar situation when it's a swf with 4 slippery meat and lots of luck. So the Killer hooks someone and they leave to go find someone else to chase. Except this time, a third person doesn't leave their gen because the hooked Survivor just unhooked themselves. Unlike in solo que, there is no time wasted with someone starting to go for the save and then going back to their gen after the unhook happened. In a swf, everyone already knew the self unhook would happen. Now, if the Killer decides to return to the hook, then they'll only find one person rather then two. That one Survivor of course, could have DS + Unbreakable etc to waste more of the Killers time. If the Killer doesn't return to the hook and decides to continue chasing the Survivor they just found then the person who unhooked themselves is free to work on a gen.

As such, if you stack 4 slippery meats with a lot of luck, then suddenly a Killer goes from potentially pressuring up to three people per hook, to only being able to pressure at most, two people. I say two here because the hooked Survivor might have to wait about 10 or so seconds before they unhook themsleves (If they don't wait then the Killer would just turn around and instantly down them, lol). Alternatively, the Killer would only pressure just one Survivor if they return to the hook. In a coordinated swf who split up often and are at least somewhat efficient on gens, this makes it borderline impossible for the Killer to win without some mass slugging (Which is hard to do when the Survivors are all spread out).

Deliverance has such harsh conditions on it for a reason, self unhooking is extremely powerful. Especially in a decent swf. Slippery meat has no major downside really. I guess you could say that it's dependence on luck is a downside but in a swf, that downside is easily negated. Luckily swfs don't use it super often. I don't think it'd make for a very good time for the Killer, lol.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I'm sure if you think hard enough you will come up with something.

• TicTac

I think detectives hunch is the best, too. But if its an insane combo i dont understand why its not even worth wasting one perk slot to counter it. I use decisive maybe every tenth game and still run it.

• TicTac
    edited June 2021

A system to mark totems would make Third seal weaker. I dont think knockout is strong but smaller maps would counter it. For example knockout on Dead Dawg Saloon is weak. Tinkerer would be weaker if you could show your teammates that the gen is close to completion.

The devs introduce perks for things like that and that means they will probably never change the gap between swf and solo. Just switch all meta perks for info perks and you get a fraction of the swf information, i guess. But theres no point to nerf killer to solo level bc of that.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Mettle of Man is OP

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
  • kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 616

You obviously don't know what OP stands for. It means Over Powered, meaning having more power than it should, or more power than the opposite side's comparative perk or capabilities.

In the case of BBQC, comparing it to WGLF is the only option. It is OP, because it gives an enormous advantage alongside also giving the bp buff. The one side has much more advantage, more power, than the other side. It is clearly Over Powered. Especially since killers earn more blood than survivors already, just to promote people playing killer.

That being said I want WGLF to be buffed more than I want a nerf to BBQC. In addition to that an entire revamp to the way we spend blood to reduce the grind 99%.

• BingBongMan
    BingBongMan Member Posts: 631

Press E for free distance (AKA dead hard) would like a word with you.

• TicTac

Im not sure whether you are trolling. I think almost everyone in this forum knows what op means.

BBQ may be an overpowered bloodpoint gatherer, but there is no competition for gaining bloodpoints in the game. Having more perks, addons etc can be a competitive advantage, but nothing is stopping you to earn your survivor bloodwebs with killer games.

You dont need to bring a BP-perk every game, so you need to compare BBQ with all perks. I would even argue that you can only compare killer perks with each other bc killer perks (4 slots) need to be stronger than survivor perks (16 slots) by design.

And the aura reading of bp isnt even that useful on most killer. I switched it out for thrilling after i earned enough bloodpoints.

• TicTac

Imo its a problem with map design and not with the perk. If there wouldnt be 20 safe pallets to reach, pressing e wouldnt be that strong.

Most good player think that sprintboost is stronger anyway.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Agreed.

Some players are so bloody reliant on DH, it's just tedious.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 616

The aura reading on BBQC is why players use it. If it were as big a piece of useless dung as WGLF, it wouldn't be used by anyone. Anyone saying it is useless is flat out lying. I use it all the time and it is ######### awesome.

You don't get to say what I compare. I do. What matters to me is that the BP perk survivors have sucks, while the killer side is excellent.

Finally, just because you can earn more blood on killer, doesn't justify the perk making an even bigger gain. If anything, that is an argument in my favor!

• TicTac

That people use BBQ for the effect is just your opinion. I dont use it on slow killer bc i dont need a lot of Bp anymore. It could be just my preference but many streamer dont use BBQ when they sweat and you dont see BBQ in tournaments. So maybe be a bit more open for other opinions and dont call everyone who disagrees with you a liar.

And we dont have a discussion. You are arguing whether BBQ or WGLF is stronger and thats not the point of my thread.

At last the problem of wglf is not the effect (its a great anti-slugging perk), its that stacks are a lot harder to gain then BBQ without throwing the game.

And before you call me a liar, create your own thread about BBQ and WGLF and get the opinion of the community. Thats more valid then both our opinions together.

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433

Only one I think is the worst is Noed. It rewards killers for playing awful all game, so they never develop any skill. With new totem locations, it’s so hard to even find a totem let alone all 5. Most skilled killers luckily don’t use this but it’s a busted perk all around.

survivir perks are boring and all mainly for anti tunneling or slugging, but nothing that can take the entire game hostage. Good post.

• TicTac

This perk against this killer sounds really strong. I never encountered it, so im not sure. First time can be tricky, but if you know its there, stalling for 30 seconds could be possible, when you run away. Isnt every exposed perk strong on killer who can hit you without much counterplay?

But i think the real problem is the difference between Nurse/spirit and other killer.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Starstruck just makes Nurse / Spirit stronger by making everyone one shot. Which is extremely good because you can't DH while healthy. On regular killers, it's decent because you can potentially get a down if you hook near a populated area.