So we all agree a binding of kin was the worst chapter released?

Options

I know it’s in the past but lord it was memorable in a bad way. Nobody played twins on release because they was a buggy mess and badly designed. All of the perks were bugged and so was the game itself. Let me appreciate this update a bit more LOL. The only good thing that came was lovely elodie.

Comments

• 4eyed
    4eyed Member Posts: 51
    Options

Lack of a new map and bugs sucked but it was pretty cool overall. I love everything about twins and elodie is pretty cool. I like how Elodie is fashionable and driven while Charlotte is comically poor and just lives for the sake of it after losing victor

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
    Options

Agree by content wise but resident evil is definitely worst so far with all this bugs and crashes lags freezes etc but as matter of killer yes twins worst so far I like Elodie tho

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 949
    Options

As hard as that chapter flopped, Elodie is a shining gem. Both in aesthetic, and the very fun perks.

Deception, Appraisal, and Power Struggle all have fun builds that can be made around them, and I just like them all.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

I’ve changed my tune. I hated the chapter upon release. Now I love Twins. They’re very well designed.

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 726
    Options

For me, Resident Evil Chapter on launch is worse license chapters (Amazing franchise shot up by devs)

Thr Binding of Kin is the worse bug fest Original killer chapters ever released, with a broken killer that is incomplete and very weak; couldn't used Victor all the time, especially against Survivor looping a boulder or huge tree or hiding in a locker in front of your face! I love the concept; but devs keeps throwing in incomplete killers, with bug filled mess; that reminds me of Fallout 76's launch! They broke alot of animations, change the Hud to look like a Mobile Game device (Nobody love that)

I miss the good old days when chapters used to be complete working and Amazing killer chapter; the last one was Silent Hill; then everything went down the drain slowly!

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,981
    Options

I dunno why people went from absolutely despising this chapter to loving it. I still dislike A Binding of Kin solely because of Twins, the star of the show. However I believe they can change Twins to make them more fun to play as and against while still being strong.

• KayK99
    KayK99 Member Posts: 94
    Options

The Twins are kinda strong but they're just ugly as hell

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

No because we got Elodie <3

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

^ this playing against legion was the most miserable and unfun thing to do and ormond was the most garbage map until recently, it was really horrible.

So I second this, nothing will beat darkness among us.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    Options

All Kill remain the worst. They just released a stricly worse version of an existing killer. Its like they didn't even try.

There are many rough things about the Twins but at least they are unique.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,971
    Options

Flesh and Mud is still the only chapter that was so terrible BHVR was forced to stop putting out new content for six months.

BoK at least had an awesome Survivor.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827
    Options

I wasnt around yet and did not know that, what were the problems?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

Idk it's a very close tie between BOK, RE, and Darkness Among Us

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

I feel like Binding of Kin was a horrific cross between Darkness Among Us and Resident Evil. It came with a plethora of bugs and horrific optimisation second only to RE, and a killer only slightly better to face than Old Legion.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

remember how legion was on release?

remember frank's mixtape?

well legion is still aids but you get the point.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,971
    Options

Off the top of my head, definitely not a complete list here...

The original Pale Rose was absolutely gigantic. Killers still hate some of the larger maps in the game because of how hard they are to patrol and Pale Rose was much bigger than anything we have now. The funny thing is the map was so large it was awful for Survivors too because it took so long to get anywhere.

The new perks were garbage. Ace is still considered one of the worst Survivors for teachables and that's after they've buffed things Open-Handed and Ace in the Hole multiple times. You'd think introducing Ruin alone would have made the chapter amazing, but iirc Ruin didn't actually work properly on release. And even if it had, great skill checks were almost impossible to miss back then so it still would have been a bad perk. The only perk that was halfway decent at the time was Devour Hope, but it's original effect made it obvious when the killer was running it as soon as it got the first token.

The Hag herself was terrible on release. Current Hag is good at camping. Release Hag was only good for camping. Her teleport was too slow to do anything else.

Terrible map, terrible killer, terrible survivor. And that was just the new content. The worst part was all the game-breaking bugs with older stuff. Things like the Nurse being totally unable to blink through random areas on certain maps on one side, or the Hag being completely immune to DS on the other. And to top if off, everyone figured out how to glitch and stack any perk and use any killer power on any character. Although supposedly that was on old exploit, this was the chapter that the secret got out and everyone learned how to use ridiculous BS like Myers with a Chainsaw running Bond/Empathy. Truly a miserable time to be playing DBD (or a great time to quit it).

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

The RE chapter is the worst so far imo.

No chapter update release destroyed my FPS and my motivation to play as hard as this one

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Well, it is hard to say. When I first started playing DBD, Darkness Among Us was the most recent chapter, and that chapter was definitely not the best.

Old Ormond was good for survivors but a nightmare for killers, Legion's power was a monstrosity, and Jeff...Well, Jeff was alright.

However, I still think All-Kill was the worst Chapter ever. It might have lacked game-breaking bugs, but its content was very bad. We got:

-A terrible killer which doesn't even fit the game to begin with.

-A forgettable survivor, easily outshined by both the old and the newer cast.

-No new map.

If that isn't the worst chapter content-wise, I don't know what it is.

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    Options

Indeed, and just right after I'll say trickster

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Even as a Jeff main darkness among us is 100% the worst

• GeneralV
    Options

For a moment I had forgotten that Devour Hope used to affect Generators.

• GeneralV
    Options

The advantage of being a new player at the time, was that it took me a while to understand how broken those things were.

• Phasmamain
    Options

Luckily I joined around demise of the faithful so I just managed to avoid it. Still had to deal with ormond though

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433
    Options

Plus the killer was a flop. I loved the idea but it’s basically a camp and tunnel killer. You get unhooked and victor is right there on your trail. Good killer concept but poor planning as usual.

• GeneralV
    Options

At least Ormond was good for survivors.

But Old Legion....Ah, my friend, Old Legion was hell, at best.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

A Binding of Kin was only the worst chapter if you weren't around when Darkness Among Us (Legion's chapter) was released.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    edited June 2021
    Options

How is a killer that lacks a huge amount of lethality, aids to play against? I swear the legion hate is never going away even after they've been absolutely wrecked into having only 1 style of play and lackluster addons. No more speed increase addons, stab wound study and frank's mix tape laughably bad, frenzy attacks no longer synergizing with attack perks, deep wound status being a joke of a status, blinding self stun, lose power when hitting with basic attacks, kicked out of power for missing a single frenzy attack and having your gauge set to zero, button addons are still bad and don't synergize well with the 1 play style Legion is allowed to use.

They're good for 2x bp events though. So that's something I guess.

• Phasmamain
    Options

I’ve seen gameplay and the closest thing I can compare it to is slamming my head against a brick wall

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options

Nah. I love Twins, Elodie and the perks released. It may have been buggy but the content was really good. If I had to pick my least favourite chapter it would be, without a doubt, All-Kill and Cursed Legacy.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

nothing beats the Darkness Among Us chapter in that regard.

however, if we judge it based on how things are now (with the Legion changes), then yes. Binding Of Kin is the worst chapter we have.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

i agree he should be deleted from the game.

if they can't because it's a chapter and people paid for it. then just nerf him so hard they get auto disconnected once the match starts

• GeneralV
    Options

Agreed. And Infinite Mending Legion was the worst of it all. That... thing was disturbing.

Like, really disturbing:

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 568
    Options

Binding of Kin was a decent chapter after the bugfixes even though I disliked it on release. All the bugs on release made it god awful.

Twins are one of my favorite killers to play even though they aren't fun to play against. Elodie is a pretty cool character with fun perks. The Ormond rework was really good (even though I wish they would make the map smaller). And moris finally got changed during this chapter, if you can count that as a plus for the chapter.

If we discount all the bugs it brought on release, the only thing I really hate about the chapter are the Autohaven map reworks. I hate the majority of them.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628
    Options

Ive been around since Blight chapter. Are we judging chapters in term of just killer/survivors (powers/perks)? In that case I think BoK was original. Oppression, Victor and Deception were interesting additions tbh.

Trickster was okay, but even then we got a colorful killer who is aesthetically so different and interesting. Starstruck is still an interesting perk as well.

RE is good too. The zombies are interesting even if the RNG can be silly lol Flashbang, Blast Mine, Eruption, Rookie Spirit, Resurgence and Counterforce are all interesting perks.

Idk I haven't seen too many chapters but I think the devs are trying to branch out in at least the short time I've been playing.

Personally I think the biggest fiasco was the colorblind thing. As somebody who is colorblind, and who manages people, I would've been livid at the dev who couldn't stop talking about handicap feature. This rubbed me the wrong way, but the 5th anniversary stream with Cote warmed me back up a bit to the team.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options
  • TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    edited June 2021
    Options

Camping yeah, and I hope they fix that. But slugging? That’s entirely dependent on the survivors. If they’re grouped up, and more than one manages to get slugged, they’ve kinda allowed that to happen considering how easy the counter play is, counter play which is entirely intentional.

The ease of the crush mechanic is meant to discourage attempts at mass slugging after the first failed attempt. Victor is much better used as a time wasting tool (latching on to healthy survivors), or as a sentry (except when it’s near a hook. Not because it doesn’t work, but because it’s dirty. The devs need to fix this).

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options
  • MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689
    Options

Worst chapter release by far

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

No i'm with @FrostySeal & @Pulsar on this one.

• PerfectlyPink
    PerfectlyPink Member Posts: 435
    Options

The RE chapter is a bit underwhelming in some areas but overall is a good chapter

The update on the other hand is definitely the worst we've had Ina very long while

• edgardot02
    edgardot02 Member Posts: 149
    Options

it was trickster chapter

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

OG Frank's Mixtape Legion was the worst DbD I've ever experienced. Darkness Among Us was awful.