Why are killer que times so bad?

lunumbra
lunumbra Member Posts: 23

I have personally tested que times at a variety of times on a variety of days over this week and the last week at 8am, 2pm, 8pm, and 2am, EST and its between 5 and 15 minutes to get a game, leaning closer to 8:30 on average.

Why are killer que times so bad? Survivor que timers are nearly instant, if not a minute tops, even at dead times like 2am.

I really want to play killer and get my rift challenges done and dailies, but I don't want to sit around for 10 minutes waiting for a game thats going to take 8-10 minutes to play.

Comments

• GrimmGaliard
    GrimmGaliard Member Posts: 258

Not only are they bad, they're imbalanced. Waited 8 minutes for a game to try out a new killer, had a red rank, a purple and two rank 18s. Bizarre times

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

A new killer just came out, queue times are gonna be a bit longer until the hype dies down. Till a month from now when they go back to being damn near instant, and survivor queues end up being 15-30 minutes.....

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,143

Which platform and crossplay on or off. Pls give full info for these kind of discussion.

But probs for at least the times and timezone.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

For me, i have to wait like 10-15 minutes in the morning to find a match as a killer, while it is instantly as a survivor.

At night times i have to wait like 10-15 minutes to find a match as a suvivor while its instantly as a killer.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

a crazy amount of new players to the game due to the new chapter release = longer queue times for everyone. While annoying to us, it should be seen as a testament to the success of the game. It'll calm down and get back to more normal timings once enough new players realize that they don't really like playing killer over survivor, and then only the survivor queue times will increase.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I am on EU server, rank 5 with crossplay on and ever since new update my killer queue times are really long, also game gives me random ranks as well, no matter which side Im playing theres always someone way below my rank

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited June 2021

Obviously all the survivors are leaving the game in droves or something.

It can't be people trying the new killer because I've seen several threads now of people complaining they've seen no Nemesis so has to be people leaving.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

New killer release. This happens every single new update. After a couple weeks, people stop playing Killer.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,143

Thank you for giving the full useful information for this discussion. I always hate it when people make these arguments while not giving any comparable information.

(As info for some other people, the question of which platform is played on is obsolete with crossplay on)

• PsychoTron
    PsychoTron Member Posts: 348
    edited June 2021

I play in NA with crossplay enabled and even before the Nemesis release, I could get a match as a survivor near instant morning through evenings, and still fast enough at dead hours.

For killers, I only really could get a match during the evenings that are near instant. In mornings and daytime, if after a couple minutes of waiting in queue matchless, I give up and play survivor.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

They've literally switched around. Survivor now taking 30 seconds and killer taking 5-7 minutes.