What would you delete?

2»

Comments

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Hawkins. Starstruck. Trickster. No Mither.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Wow, when I went to bed this morning there were zero responses and the thread was nearing the bottom of the front page. I wake up to like 60 responses. Thanks for everyone who's weighed in, especially those who stuck to the specific answer format that I was looking for.

I'm surprised that Hag and pretty much everything about her chapter seems to be the most disliked set of elements. She and her chapter have come up more than anything else so far, I think. Then maybe Legion, Ghostface and Midwich. The answers about the gameplay mechanics have been especially interesting.

• Shooby
    Shooby Member Posts: 226

Hmm... I'd delete NOED and Cockslinger. Easy choice really.

• Vulgun
    Vulgun Member Posts: 439

Nemesis.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Map: Any indoor map. Doesn't matter to me. They all suck.

Chapter. Resident Evil. Shocker, I know. But in my opinion they really didn't do this chapter justice. We should have gotten a character from the modern RE games, a less annoying map, and a more interesting power for Neme.

Killer: Wraith. He's so bloody annoying. (Hag is a very close second)

Mechanic: Hatch. It's lazy and a complete dice-roll to see if the survivor escapes.

• miketheratguy

Lol I'm so 50 percent in agreement on your choices. :)

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

I'm guessing you disagree that an indoor map should be removed, and you agree that Wraith should be removed?

• Kthool
    Kthool Member Posts: 14

Mechanic- the Killers ability to always see the exit gates.

I dont understand why they can always see them, especially since majority of the time they are very close and can be monitored with ease.

• FadedTone
    FadedTone Member Posts: 16

The game

• miketheratguy

Someone's been reading my posts. :P

It's alright, the point of this thread was to gather opinions. I'm not going to shoot anyone down here.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Hag lol because I really hate her

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2021

Map: Haddonfield

Killer: Bubba (I wasn't sure who to pick until he ruined a solo Where Did They Go attempt, so bye bye #########)

Survivor: Claudette (If I could just delete Blendettes I would, but I can't without taking all the other Claudettes with them)

Perk: Dead Hard

Mechanic: Having trouble deciding between prestige and keys. I was certain it would be keys until I started trying to prestige Nemesis and realized how much it was going to suck about 3/4 of the way through P1. I am praying that we get some sort of major compensation for all the issues with the RE chapter (like 500k BP or something like that).

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445

Doctor? Annoying yes, broken absolutely not. Hese one of the most balanced and least buggy killers not considering two or three addons

• GHERBEARRULES
    GHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 265

Map: Midwich

Chapter: Chains of Hate (I hate you deathslinger)

Perk: Hex: No One Escapes Death

Mechanic: Nurse's blink recharge

• Lordofweed
    Lordofweed Member Posts: 297

Perk: Iron will

Character: Bill

• Peppa_Pigsaw
    Peppa_Pigsaw Member Posts: 184

Delete one map? Tough one, I'm torn between Dead Dawg or Haddonfield because by golly do I despise those maps with a fiery passion. I wish I could delete an entire realm before then I'd do everyone a favor and just remove Corn entirely. ######### corn.

One chapter? Nightmare on Elmstreet. Quentin I love you but I will gladly give you up if it means I don't have to see post rework Freddy anymore. I'd happily retract that if I got Old Freddy back and then I'd switch to Shattered Bloodline (Spirit/Adam).

One perk? Dead Hard. No explanation needed.

One game mechanic? Keys. Also does not need an explanation.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Map: Hawkins Laboratory

Perk: Self Care

Chapter: All Kill

Game Mechanic: SWF

Why? I hate Hawkins. That maps sucks from both sides. Just cannot play the damn thing no matter how much I try on either side.

The number of times I've been sitting on a hook, or laying on the ground, watching that one jackass who hasn't done anything all match self-care on top of the hatch... no. Get that stupid Perk out of the game. We have medkits.

All Kill. I like the character concept, but it's too generic. You could put the background story for Trickster on anyone and it works. You can feel the cash grab nature of the whole Chapter trying to feed off the KPOP fans.

SWF. It ruins the game for solo queue and makes it impossible to balance properly. You cannot balance a game that gives people using voice chat such a huge adavantage over the solo queue'ers. Anytime you nerf to balance for SWF, Solo queue suffers 100x worse. I understand people want to play with their friends, and I think that's fine, but the abuse with voice comms makes it ridiculous. To me it's cheating, even if the devs don't see it that way. Using a 3rd party tool to gain an unfair advantage is against the rules. Unenforceable for sure, but still a cheat.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

Possibly delete:

The Swamp, Spine Chill, Bloodlust, Curtain Call chapter because of Clown.. sadly I guess this means I would lose Kate though.. I’d say Demise of the Faithful in order to erase The Plague but Infectious Fright came with that chapter and I couldn’t risk losing it lol.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    edited July 2021

This comment has been deleted

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

My previous comment

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

Map- Haddonfield

Killer- Ghostface

perk- dead hard

mechanic- keys

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

Before I state my list, I am generally of the opinion that nothing should be outright deleted, rather reworked into something that works for the game in a healthy way. However, the point of the thread is not that, so without further delay...

Map: RPD

It's simply miserable for both sides. It's also the largest map in the game. A single floor is already the diameter of Red Forest, which was previously the largest map in the game, and it has a second floor. That is just nuts. Players have been stating for a long time that smaller maps are healthier for the game, and this is what we got. The complete opposite. Also, it's an indoor map, so it automatically invalidates a ludicrous amount of Killer powers and game mechanics simply because you can't see more than 20 feet in front of you. Into the trash it goes.

Chapter: Of Flesh and Mud

I do not mind Ace, but this chapter has to go. I don't want to see Ruin go, though maybe if it did, the devs would address the fact that the game is balanced around the Killer bringing slowdown. KINDA means that slowdown should be built in and slowdown methods should be modified to work with the changes. Instead, we get perks to pick and choose what aspects of the game we want to fix. Anyways, the real reason for this is simple: Hag. Plainly stated, she's incredibly strong, but her power is incredibly simple. This makes it a bit hard to rebalance her to where she's strong but feels more fair to play against. Any changes in either direction either make her too strong or too weak. I'm sure it CAN be done, but I can see basically all other Chapters being easier to figure out than her.

Perk: NoED

I DO think this can be reworked into something better. However, if deletion was required, this would be the top of my list. It honestly feels like the devs giving a bad Killer a pat on the back, saying "you suck, here's a gun". It doesn't reward good players, it rewards bad players. I'm not going to argue that it has counterplay, because it absolutely does. I know it does. I personally don't have a big problem with it when I play. However, I've seen what it can do to a trash Killer that relies on it at the end game to make a play and look like they are worth a damn. Other games, other PARTY games, have similar mechanics that are equally hated, and for good reason.

Mechanic: Keys

I honestly believe they can be reworked to be better, but similar to NoED, this would be the top of my list. When Moris were a means to end a game early, I hated them. I don't think either side should be robbed of their chance to make late game plays. Moris did that, keys still do that. The Killer puts in the work to have a mid to late game advantage just for the game to suddenly end because of a garbage free-win mechanic. Hatch is fine, I totally get hatch. Keys are not fine.

• Wavy
    Wavy Member Posts: 162

I would delete Hawkins. Its way too killer sided and not fair.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,959

Map: Midwitch

Killer: Hag

Perk: self care