what motivates the entity to buffs and nerf killers ?

Options
xtr4me
xtr4me Member Posts: 53

title

Comments

• DeepVoiceDaniel
    DeepVoiceDaniel Member Posts: 4
    Options

I always liked to think that the entity would get bored if a certain killer was effortlessly killing survivors, or if they were constantly struggling to kill survivors (hence why freddy got such a buff ig)

the entity is an "emotions vampire" so the more excitement the better, and as we know, the entities excitement comes from murder

just pure headcannon but those are my thoughts :D

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I think the buffs and nerfs are just gamplay wise, I the realm everything is always the same.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,731
    Options

Assuming that the entity does buff/nerf killers and survivors and it's not just because we're playing an online video game which means balancing, I'd like to think it's still something similar to why the developers do it. The entity wants to see the killers and survivors performing at a specific level so it can get as much hope out of the survivors as possible. So it has a place in mind of where it wants the killers to perform and buffs/nerfs them around this idea.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587
    Options

Technically buffs and nerfs, at least when the Killer enters the Realm, ARE canon, due to the Nightmare on Elm Street chapter stating Freddy's powers were altered by The Entity.

The answer's pretty straightforward too and pretty similar to BHVR's, it's just to keep everything interesting.

• Literallyweezing
    Literallyweezing Member Posts: 88
    Options

The entity feeds off of the hope and desires of killers and survivors. If killers always lost they'd have no desire to kill and if survivors always escaped they wouldn't be pushed to the point where they rely on hope to escape. In many ways the entity represents the player base, the game needs to be interesting for the community to survive.