What if BBQ reworked ?

odra
odra Member Posts: 369
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Honestly there's quite bit survivor complaining about BBQ, at this point actually i could care for aura reading, most of the time i cant even see anything and since my BP is already enough i don't even run it unless new chapter comes in.

What if BBQ removes aura reading but got 300% or even 400% bonus BP instead ? I would really like this

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• odra

its been since it was released, even the aura reading is trash and easily countered

• odra

yeah thats why by increasing BP points to 400% maybe there would be more killers playing game and they would hooks people more, and that survivor main could shut up about that aura reading.

• Sabraiz
    Sabraiz Member Posts: 566

BBQ is fine, as has been stated many times the aura reading helps the killer to know where to go to apply pressure, which unsurprisingly alleviates camping.

• Voodoo_Thirsty
    Voodoo_Thirsty Member Posts: 522

TBH, BBQ is fine.

The only thing that irks me though is killers pretending that aura reading is useless when they pretty much depend on it when equipping BBQ.

That's like saying I only use Kindred to see where my allies are and not to see where the killer is.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Or, keep the Aura reading and reward the killer with a 400% bonus BP :)

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

How about you remove the BP bonus and simply give out more BP overall? I would like this much more.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

Hey, if they would like to give a bigger bp boost instead of aura reading I would happily trade. I use it mainly for the extra bp anyway and normally break a pallet if there is one next to me instead of looking around. I use the aura reading because it's there, be a fool not to, but could get used to bbq without it.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

As a survivor main BBQ is not overpowered.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Are we in another season of "what good killer perk should we nerf this time" and BBQ is getting targeted again.

I hope it survivors without any major damage or even better, none at all, it already so many counters and requires a hook to proc.

I honestly don't know why survivors want to nerf a perk that help incentivise healthy gameplay going for different survivors = not camping or tunneling.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

What if they removed the stackable bloodpoint bonus and put it into the base game so at base when you hook all 4 you gain a 100% bonus to bloodpoints. Then the reworked version would be

After hooking a survivor all survivors auras are revealed for 4/5/6 seconds when they are further than 40 meters from the hook

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

3x bp would be nice.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

Most good killers would run thrilling were it not for the bp boost. The aura reading IS nice, but its not the main draw

• Edgars_Raven

Nobody would run that. Theres nothing wrong with how it is

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

I use the aura reading quite a lot. Yes it is super counterable, but when you start pressuring survivors, the extra info it can give is very useful to make decisions. The BP is an amazing bonus for it too.

The way it currently works is awesome, and there are quite a few counters to it. It's a fair perk, and as much as it doesn't really prevent camping, it encourages killers to go around since they immediately have a new target.

Survivors only complain about it because god forbid killers have perks that actually reward them for doing something right with a useful effect. And because most survivors can't be bothered figuring out how to counter the perk.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

why are survivors complaining about BBQ when they have killer aura reading perks too???

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I'd rather run BBQ even without the bloodpoint bonus. Thrilling Tremor's cooldown is way too much for my liking.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Think about it. Run no perks and hook all 4 people and gain almost 70,000 bloodpoints. This would fix the grind but yet you still say it’s fine. DUDE!!? I just came up with a great way to fix the grind and you say no the perk is fine this would fix so many problems it would free up a perk slot and give you more points

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

BBQ is fine

• Edgars_Raven

I mean nobody would run bbq. You made it useless. If you remove the bps you need to buff the aura reading, not nerf it. Like 16 meteres instead of 40

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88

BBQ's information value is far worse than of Thrilling, and several other perks. Moreover I have literally no idea why survivors would want to get rid of a anti-camping perk.

• odra

actually i think with massive BP, people will start playing killer that's why if we put like massive BP bonuses with BBQ will be really great

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

If people wanted the reveal from hooking someone thrilling tremors does the job but better AND is a pseudo slowdown perk at the same time!

• femotek820
    femotek820 Member Posts: 119

Bbq should not show auras of survs on dying state. If you want to slug at least then find the survs. This would reduce the number of killers that slug for the 4k

• Wulfasger
    Wulfasger Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2021

People just doesnt know about the object of obsession and lockers are safe place to hide against a BBQ or staying close, im playing both sides but mostly survivor in those times and i generally think there is nothing broken in this game about killer sides. People are not playing killer and well should stop commenting about killers and their perks.

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481

Simple. Low rank survivors lose pretty often. They get into the endgame and BBQ is an extremely common perk they see. Since they can’t accept the L they then think “oh I’m only losing because of this perk so it’s op” and then they go on the forum and complain.

• odra

BBQ is really fine but if we trade aura with extra BP bonus i would gladly agree with this since i rarely use the aura reading as well this will also reduce grinding and let survivor try killers as well

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

Survivors don't want to jump into a locker, like they dont want to do bones to clear Noed.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

So make a perk useless? BBQ makes you walk from hook and only gives you the aura reading when you hook a survivor. So you have to earn it.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,293

Actually, that's how it works in theory, but I've seen some killers say that if BBQ doesn't show them any outlines, they start camping since they know someone is nearby.

I don't think BBQ & Chili needs any adjustment, but I do think it causes more campy behaviour than it prevents.

• odra

yeah actually i didnt care for BBQ aura at all but more extra BP would be better if just get rid it completly and change it into BP bonus

• PatWesker
    PatWesker Member Posts: 252
    edited June 2021

People love to complain always for everything... as long as you have something to complain about

( I work at customer service I know something about it xD )

• Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461

Define camping, because yeah, if i know someone is nearby im gonna patrol around the area, but camping to me is not going further than 10 meters away from the hooked bastard.

• tolore
    tolore Member Posts: 101

As far as promoting game health, I do not think it's healthy for the game to incentivize the killer to leave the hook if the entire team is around hook. I am both pretty sure BBQ prevents FAR more camping than it causes, if you can't "staying around hook until you see someone you know as there" as camping, that's camping I'm fine promoting. I actually don't really even consider normal camping unhealth y if the killer chases off hook when they see someone. IMO it's the survivors job to encourage the killer to leave hook, either through doing gens or presenting a target to be chased.

BBQ promotes game health pretty unequivocally, and it's tracking affect isn't even top tier, Tinkerer, thrilling tremos, sometimes whispers, etc... are all much better, and all of those are likely still not OP. There is not a reason in the world to nerf BBQ, it's arguablythe best designed perk in the game, and if anything it should be made a general perk instead of teachable.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Bbq is honestly fine, leave it be

• Nyx32
    Nyx32 Member Posts: 130

I haven't really seen BBQ be complained about in a while... most survivors tend to prefer it, it is kind of an anti-camping perk as you see survivors far away from the hook

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 746

The perk is fine; Survivor that do complain about are either:

A.) Entitled Survivor Mains; whom wants to nerf or remove every killer perk in the game, because "it has to be OP"

B.) Rank 20 Survivors whom cannot play around the 4 second period for being tracked down

C.) Doesn't give a ######### that their Teammate on the hook is safe for rescue and that they are ones being found and then caught and down instead

D.) Hates that the Killer gets more better reward with more Bloodpoints then they, and are Entitled for more Bloodpoints themselves, without WGLF

Get a Grip people, there are much worse killer perks that needs tweaking, reworks, or Nerfs then this perk!