How can gameplay be improved on?

Options

Most of dbd is holding a button for a loading bar to complete. This way of play happens very minimally for killers but more so for survivors. I use to wonder why everyone loves to play killer so much and it's because you're always doing something. Loading bars for killers are tolerable due to being short so there isn't much worry on the killer side. Survivors have to sit through a loading bar to do anything and it's boring.

When coming up with ideas I try to think about what BHVR would actually add to the game. I don't want to borrow ideas from other games because it robs dbd of it's own identity. The idea I came up with is maybe finding gears or tools to fix the exit gates and then powering them up to open. With this concept there would still be loading bars but they should be a lot shorter.

I've seen some good ideas from this forum so I ask, what would you do to make gameplay more fun?

Comments

• itsPina
    itsPina Member Posts: 91
    Options

Some kind of snowball potential for every killer that can be lessened by survivors doing a different objective around the map

Something like maybe the cracks for EGC start forming after the first gen pops and gradually form more the more gens that are finished but the cracks aren't just random, they lead the killer in the general direction of a survivor. Maybe if survivors completely ignore the cracks they get a hindered debuff after a while

Survivors can interact with entity shrines around the map to reset these cracks back to the previous tier. Maybe a minigame that isn't just pure skill checks will be involved.

maybe instead of cracks forming the killer just gets a 2.5% movement speed increase for every gen cleared unless a survivor makes an offering to the entity. Maybe make it where the offerings can be skill based, make it where you can offer an item, or even make it where you can offer your own health in order to get it done faster.

• kingbojenbo
    kingbojenbo Member Posts: 130
    Options

I don't know about NOED basekit but I would like to see the idea of hex totems having their own slot. Survivors destroying hex totems decreases the strength of a hex perk. This gives survivors another objective they know they have to do instead of not knowing they have to. Survivors having this second objective would give killers some more time and they don't feel "gen rushed".