Nemesis Fun Factor

What seems to be the general consensus regarding nemmy boi. I personally find him to be one of the most fun killers to play as, but id like to hear what you guys think.

Comments

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Pretty underwhelming imo. His entire kit is a meh version of PH but now there are 2 zombies walking around at random that can, very rarely, be more than just a small portion of progress towards the next tier. He's not a bad killer by any means, but his main power can already be done by so many killers already that there's not much of a reason to play him. If I wanna hit people over loops I have Deathslinger, Huntress and Trickster for that. If I want a good zoning power I have all of the above + Demo and PH. If I want a fun secondary power that compliments my other ability I, again, can play Demo.

He doesn't really have an identity because all of his main power mechanics have been done to death already except the zombies, which are barely even worth mentioning and almost never do anything.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

I like his zombies. I was chasing Steve that baited me to chase him off hook. He run by the corner and got downed by a zombie. I picked him up and he hit me with ds. Then that zombie instantly downed him again.

• razberrypizza
    razberrypizza Member Posts: 132

I respect that, i wish more people could have enjoyed this chapter as resident evil has been probably the most hyped license ever since silent hill came to the game, cant win em all i guess.

• razberrypizza
  • Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

From what I see, a lot of people aren't having fun against him at least. Mostly because of the zombies.

I've tried playing him, and he feels a bit clunky and not that fun to me. Playing against him personally, I don't really have a lot of an opinion. He's not hard to go against, but the zombies are kind of annoying because I can't hear them half the time I'm going around a corner, and they seem to do a pretty good job of just camping the gens and hooks I'm on when I play against them.

• razberrypizza

That sadly seems to be what im seeing. As Nemesis players grow in skill however, i think hes gonna be right next to slinger on most the hated killer list

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I find that hard to believe when Hag and Spirit still exist. Maybe he'll be like a top 5 or top 8 or something, but I think they top 3 for a while now will remain Hag, Spirit, Deathslinger.

For me personally, it's honestly Nurse, Michael, and Pig, but I have my own reasons.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

It's very satisfying to whip people. I enjoy the killer because he's your basic 115% killer with a few toys in his kit. Zombies are goofy and while I spurn them as survivor while I'm playing Nemesis I usually end up killing them if they get in bad spots and since they spawn on the side of the map opposite of you, you can kinda control where they go.

• razberrypizza

I shouldve phrased that better. I meant more like killers who arent likely to be nerfed/reworked in the near future, but yea, hag spirit slinger and a good nurse are definetly pains to face.

• razberrypizza

Awesome to see someone else enjoying him, i find the general strat with zombies to be trying to keep them close to gens in order to provide pressure.

• razberrypizza

I wouldnt write him off quite yet. Ive discovered a few tricks that make him stand out from the rest of the cast. Not to mention that the zombies can add a slight bit of gen pressure on top of his great chase ability

• kucerka
    kucerka Member Posts: 186

Eh I don't know, I think they could have done him way better...maybe adding some extra power to him cause just whipping someone with a tentacle that covers hem in a Smurfs juice is kinda meh, considering survivors can cleanse this effect away in mid chase.

Maybe summoning zombies in certain area could be more fun, maybe overpowered but since they're pretty dumb most of the time I don't think they could be overpowered in any way

• Man_of_triangles
    Man_of_triangles Member Posts: 302

Nemesis is a significantly worse Pyramid Head who has to hit 3 times to down, whose power is easier to use but far less powerful. And instead of cages he gets zombies which are occasionally hilarious but often useless. The number one way to counter Nemesis is to hold W and start running the moment you see him because it will take forever for him to get into a position where he can even begin to hit you with a tentacle. If Nemesis were released three years ago he might be considered a fun killer but by today's standards he is trash.

• razberrypizza

You didnt mention that holding W is also the #1 counter for PH. Nemesis also has full control of his movement while holding tentacle out and can pull it out in 1/3 of the time PH can. The only thing PH has the ability to hit through walls and a few meters of range. Obviously, PH will always be top tier, but i dont think its fair to write Nemesis off as a significantly worse PH

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I love to play as him and also lo playing against him but I'm a weirdo who enjoy all killers with active chase powers be it, spirit, nurse, slinger, PH or nemeis.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

I think he's fun to play against. He doesn't seem that strong to me but it's always a bit difficult to gauge killer strength because it's hard to differentiate killer power level verses player skill.

• ManWithALemon
    ManWithALemon Member Posts: 422

Boring as hell to play as. I spent a lot of time learning how to nail Punishment of the Damned through walls, and this is just a diet Punishment attack but ten times less interesting.

• Zacharry100
    Zacharry100 Member Posts: 133

On ps4 power unusable to the point not worth mentioning perks are good.