I am sick of "Press E to outplay"

I would rather face Sprint boosts, etc. any other exhaustion perk anytime 24/7 rather than this. I see it every single game on at least 2 survivors (usualy 3+) and I am sick of it. The ammout of time I outplay someone on a loop or they made a mistake and just press E to say "haha no" is ridicilous.

I am not saying 100% nerf it but I just want to express it so annoying and "unfair" perk that sets your good play outcome to 0. Yes, it is useless when they are in the open, but other than that, it is extremely powerfull.

"Oh but latency makes it bad", yea? Then why I see it every single game on every single survivor?

I just wanted to express that I am sick of this perk and it is frustraiting and super-unfun to go againts.

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Honestly compared to sprint burst or BL on certain maps I’m fine with DH. Clown doesn’t have any huge issues with it

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
    edited June 2021

Depends on the killer as wraith for instance i don't mind sb but when a survivor dhs to a pallet they shouldn't have made it to it feels more frustrating. Same with killers like blight. Really any killer that makes sbs speed kinda useless. Or at least not as impactful.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Againts stealth killers (or any killer) sure but I still for some reason don't mind at all, but this perk is just next level.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,212

DH would be fine if it couldn't be used to make up distance, and had a net neutral speed increase.

Basically after using DH and completing your forward 'dodge', you get slowed for just long enough to account for the increased distance. It can still be timed to evade a hit, but if you use it out in the open, or to gain distance on a loop you messed up, the killer can still catch up a couple seconds later instead of giving you another 20 second lead.

• Chocolate_Cosmos

It might be frustrating but no way near dead hard is.

• GrimmGaliard
    GrimmGaliard Member Posts: 258

It would become kinda useless then. If you're still moving at the same speed, the only time you really bought was the amount of time for their basic attack cooldown

• Grimzy
    Grimzy Member Posts: 219

So is NOED for killers....and like DH it can be countered. DH is fine imo, i dont play as killer that much but when i do i can still bait it out most of the times. I would say the perk is only an issue with killers that are generally less experienced or face bad survivors most times, so when they actually come against people that know what they are doing they think the perk is too strong.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    edited June 2021

I'll never get these... sprint burst is very easy to deal with.

As in, if you can counter it because you are using one of the many killers with some sort of a speed boost, counter it. (Billy, wraith, nurse, oni, blight, legion, spirit, twins(victor), to a smaller degree clown and bubba, also freddy and demo depending on where they can teleport)

If you are a killer with traps set up to deal with it, sb means nothing. (Trapper and hag, technically twins if you have one of the brothers there, also zombies.)

If you have some slowdown that applies to the one with sprint burst, use it. (Clown, freddy, hag with slowdown traps)

If you are a ranged killer, hit the shot.(huntress, deathslinger, corrupted plague)

If you have stealth, use it well. (Ghostface, pig, demo, wraith, anyone with a stealth perk)

Meaning what? Michael, doctor, pyramid head, trickster and nemesis that don't have something to deal with sb on the spot?

Well, at least you know right away to go for someone else, instead of wasting time on someone just so they can press a button and reset the last chase.

Edit: oh yeah... this all disregarding any killer can just equip mindbreaker.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

There is always the chance that they just used it to get to that gen.. unless they walk everywhere making them waste time, so win win.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

I have to remind myself that many players are not experienced at this game. I have zero issues with Dead Hard and when I do lose games it has very little to do with exhaustion perks.

I find in threads like this the complainers know the counters and just dismiss them. Again. It’s probably not this.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

A lot of people specifically greed when they have dead hard, it’s not just pressing a button to undo a mistake

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

just bait dead hard 5head

unless you're playing nurse

then you have to hold m2 instead of m1 6head

i prefer dead hard gamers over sprint burst gamers any day of the week.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

That's why i binded my dead hard key to f.

So i atleast pay respect every time i cheat a good play

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Well said. I'll take 4 DH over 4 SB all day. Drives me nutz those ones that just SB to shack soon as there SC goes off or they here my terror radius getting 40+ meters of distance. I don't even bother I kill the rest and wait for my moment later F that.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561

Then get good.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467
    edited June 2021

I understand the hatred for dead hard. If someone uses it to gain distance that's fine but when it's used to avoid a fair hit. that's when I get annoyed with it. Take the invincibility frames out of dead hard and that won't be an issue, but you'll have people who rely on it complaining instead.

though it is funny to see someone dead hard into a wall sometimes and it doing nothing.

I hear so many times when I'm on survivor teams.

"But I used dead hard!"

that's when it doesn't work. It needs a rework the devs know it and have said as much, It's pretty far down the list though.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited June 2021

Yeah, it's not super fun. Kinda makes me wish Coup de Grace was on a 40 second cooldown timer.

Edit: and also made you phase through pallets so that predropping them isn't such a good strategy.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Assuming the survivors are using them well, 4 dead hards is irritating. 4 sprint bursts is a nightmare

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369

ah actually this is true for me DH is really annoying when you supposed to outplayed them but 4 SB just more annoying than 4 DH

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

how do you counter dead hard for distance? go on... I'll wait.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

More like "Press E to fix mistake" lol. This perk pisses me off too.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,228

I understand the perception. I'd just argue it's equivalent to the other exhaustions. A properly used Sprint Burst or Lithe can mean it will take 20-30 seconds of holding W just to start looping a tile.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Mindbreaker exists. Pretty much negates Sprint Burst unless they aren't on a generator.

Can't wait for my favorite perk in the game, Mindbreaker, to become meta.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

That's not what people use it for, nor what is a problem with the perk. The problem is using it for distance, which has no counter.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited June 2021

I think he's talking about how a survivor can make a blatant, huge error at a tile or near a hook and correct it by just pressing E. Reusable too. Not Dead Hard for distance, that's a whole other problem.

I regularly outplay a survivor with a red stain mindgame and they panic dead hard right into a pallet drop or something. Feels kind of unfair.

• Olokun
    Olokun Member Posts: 266
    edited June 2021

Hey , i dont have any problem with DH here why :

i always plays it as Survivor because i like it to go trough traps, gaining distance , making a flashligh save or avoiding a hit (witch one can be tricky).

i mostly encounter DH every game i play as killer but survivors will use it 1 time then you ll know now he has it , why dont you mindgaming ? faking a hit works great ... wait a little before hit ? theres so many way to counter it . Killers that just follows survivors and try to hit like a bot and says DH is OP are just LAZY . thats my POV of DH as Survivor and Killer .

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Dead hard is pretty easy to see coming as many users seem to slow right down whilst looking behind them, it's usually always David using it too. Its frustrating but its part of the game and you just gotta suck it up.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

You don't need to have a counter to everything in this game. That's entitled speaking. They brought a perk to be able to use it, if they use it to gain distance than that's fine and that alone doesn't make it OP.

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

you know what i hate more than Dead Hard, all these killers that "Hit thru pallets" now. ######### is the whole point now just hold w till the killer downs us ....boring

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 526

Exactly. If they didn't use dead heard, survivors wouldn't greed loops at all and just pre-drop pallets. It won't change a thing nerfing DH.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

If you’re a PC player, you are welcomed to join me on Discord and we can swap matches.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Oh trust me, go against 4 SB gamers and you'll miss your DH days dearly.

• Chocolate_Cosmos

Good. Drop it early then, I don't mind. This is however not just about droping palets earlier, you can do so many nasty things with Dead Hard, like for example dodge well timed killer power (okay, fine) or ruin killer good mindgame where you would otherwise without this perk fall on ground (not so fine anymore, since it is punishing good play by the killer and it feels like a garbage).

• Chocolate_Cosmos

Every game uses action buttons, yes. But what I mean here (you know it allready) is not rly the "you pressed E" but the killer for example could outplay you at T wall but you "just" press E right after you saw the killer to get to a window safe for example. The outplay had some skill but "just pressing E" aka denies the outplay of the other player.

• Chocolate_Cosmos

Getting "outplayed" by dead hard is for me much more painfull than someone gets head start boost of speed, because I know, when it comes to loop for example, they won't just ignore my play by dead hard.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

Once they nerf DH they will nerf sprint burst next anyway.