The Campfire charm

Options

Hello, I'm Folkin, I started playing Dead by Daylight mid 2017 and I love collecting stuff in games, this also includes the charms that you can collect in Dead by Daylight.

Now, The Campfire charm, for the people who do not know how to get this charm, you are supposed to link your BHVR account to your Steam account. Now here lies the first problem, the linking does not work for most people, for some reason it does for some people, but for me it doesn't, so I send support a ticket on May 04, 2021.

I get a quick response telling me to try some other things, sadly those did not work, after trying some more things myself I reported back to the person helping me who then told me the problem was being looked into, so the ticket was then closed.

After this I tried asking other players on the Discord server if they had any problems with obtaining the charm, I got mixed results, some had no problems, some had linking problems and some could link their accounts but didn't receive the charm itself. So I told them to make a support ticket and explain the problem, most, if not all players, got their charm within 24 hours. After this I decided to make a follow up ticket to my original support ticket.

This ticket was made on May 21, 2021. In this ticket I explained the problem again, what I tried and that it didn't work, after that I stated that other players where given the charm via support, so I asked the same, if I could be given the charm via support as well. After some back and forth the person told me that they were still looking into the problem and that they were unable to grant me the charm, now this is the part which really confused me because by my understanding support people can give players stuff, and even then, people where still sending me messages that they got the charm via support, anyways it could be that not everyone can give stuff.

So now we come to the final ticket I made, but this was mostly about the new charms released in the characters packs DLC's. (This is off-topic so I won't go into further detail about this.)

This ticket was made on June 15, 2021, I also asked if the person helping me with that ticket was able to grant me the charm, I was told the charm was disabled and not obtainable anymore, I was pretty amazed, I was trying to get this charm for 2 months now and suddenly they say to me it's disabled? To be fair I find this really unfair, all other players I have spoken have gotten this charm within 24 hours of asking, and the best part is that I talked to somebody who also asked support about giving them the charm, and that was on the 14th of June, were after less then 24 hours they received the charm. (They received the charm the 15th of June, the same day I made my 3rd ticket.)

So I'm just really confused about the whole scenario, I really don't understand why I had to wait for 2 months only to hear it has been disabled right now, It's really frustrating seeing everybody getting it.

I have added the screenshot of the ticket the player send who got their charm on the 15th of June and a screenshots of all my tickets, also a little side note, the person who granted the other player their charm on the 15th of June is the same person who is tied to my 3rd ticket. (I have blurred out any names.)

So tell me what you think of this situation? If you have any questions you can ask them.

Thank you all so much for reading this.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.