Adepts

Professor_Fizz
Professor_Fizz Member Posts: 96
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

Fractured cowshed, twins. It's a tough game, with a lot of close calls, but in the end I manage to come out on top, with a 12 hooks game. Hatch was closed, gates weren't open, 1 gen left before the EGC...

But I don't get the adept because I didn't break enough gens. Seriously? I think I earned that trophy, the game can go break in half if it thinks that's not enough.

Comments

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

4 k should be plenty enough to get adept. Period. End of story.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

I've gotten adepts without kicking a single gen. What emblem wasn't Iridescent?

• Professor_Fizz
    Professor_Fizz Member Posts: 96

I don't remember the name, but I specifically remember gen defense and gates closed being the things I got points for in that game.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

You can fail the adept if you had less than 71 points in Gatekeeper. You get 28 points for completing the match without an open gate, but that isn't always enough to tip Gatekeeper into iridescent if the game was just over too fast. Pretty possible if you lose the first two gens immediately or get Prove Thyself/Brand New Partsed at the start, because you get points per second per gen remaining and holding the last gen for a long time provides surprisingly few points to make up for the early loss.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited June 2021

Kicking gens doesn't contribute extra points to any emblem and has no effect on your rank progression (which defines you getting or not getting the adept achievement). BP score events are not to be confused with emblem score events.

For detailed info on how emblem system works refer to dbd wiki:

In your case, you (apparently) lost several gens too quickly and they didn't contribute enough points to your Gatekeeper (iirc each minute for the first 9 minutes you get X points for every gen left to be completed, the less gens remain - the less points you get).

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    edited June 2021

That's what I was wondering with them, if they didn't keep survivors off of gens early and lost a bunch. It's per minute now for the first 9 minutes of the match you get points for each gen not completed. Having the gates closed only barely guarantees you a gold emblem.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

Its BS that Survivor could play like complete garbage and still get adept if they manage to escape. while Killers have to go out of their way to extend the game long enough to get the points.

It should simply be getting a 4k, period.