We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Still so broken.......

ok, Still broken

Gen repair time way to fast..... no time to even find someone before 3 gens pop...

as a survivor,

no matter what you do you cannot wiggle off a shoulder anymore. Unless the hook is WAY across the map.

only things i've noticed since last 2 updates.

Comments

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

1st one is a skill issue, i easily can find survivors immedietly .

2nd one i noticed like 3 years ago, hasnt changed in a long time.

• lr01
    lr01 Member Posts: 63

not a skill issue....

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

It is most certainly possible, and no gen speeds are not too fast. Probably a skill issue and you probably don't have the best perks.

And the wiggle meter is not meant for wiggling off. It is there to prevent the killer from hooking you where they want you to be.

• STARS_truck
    STARS_truck Member Posts: 74

I mean it depends on the map. You've got Whispers and lethal pursuer now which actually shows you where people spawn for a decent amount of time. If you're struggling try those.

As for the wiggle I think a decent change would be to bring it down to about 90% of what it is now for an update and see how that feels.

• lr01

sure if your playing that killer you have those perks, but to try and level them all up.... just horrible.

• cyniChris
    cyniChris Member Posts: 207

Gen speeds aren't a problem - spawns are. Survivors more often than not are spawned spread out and close to gens. Running Lethal Pursuer every game for the last week, I can count on one hand the amount of times this has NOT been the case. Most of the time, they're already on gens before I can even move. If they spawned together and not right on a gen, it'd be a lot fairer.

As for wiggling, it's there to prevent the killer taking you across the map or to basement every time, not so you can get a free escape.

• lr01

That may be, but i still think that gen speeds are too fast. maybe a combination of the two would fix the issue.

• lr01

oh and, having just been in a game with 2 Rank one survivors, im a rank 12 killer boy let me tell you that was "sarasm" LOTS of FUN

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

In terms of survivor formations, the most common is the 3|1 spawn, followed by the 4|0 spawn, then 2|2 and lastly the fabled 1|1|1|1 spawn. More commonly what happens is that survivors with enough hours in the game realize the spawn they are in, and then rotate around the map quickly to find the next gen spawn. This leads to newer killers to mistake the survivor spawn to be less favorable to them than it actually was.

As a rank 12 killer you probably have not even yet mastered looping around all the tiles in every map, let alone any mind games that you may be employing at the moment. Unfortunately, the learning curve for killer is very sharp, the burden to entry to the role in general is very high. Conversely, this is why killer powers are often very simple to pick up.

There is no substitute for practice when it comes to DBD. I would suggest maybe making some friends through the survivor side and try to get them to scrim with you so you can gain experience in an environment with less pressure.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184
    edited June 2021

Ik what can help. What if each survivor spawned in all the 4 corners of the map. And the killer spawned in the middle. That wouldn't be that bad honestly and it would give killer time to find and hook 1 person

• lr01
    edited June 2021

yea, cause that's what I'm doing...… more like trying to make the game equally fair... right now it's not. and rank one has NO place with rank 12.... sorry

• lr01

last game i was in they popped 3 gens in a minute as i ran into my first survivor..... yea it's broken.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I've had 3 gens pop super quick as well you just gotta suck it up

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410

Gen repair isn't too fast it just depends on how good you are as a killer and also where the survivors spawn. Usually survivors spawn next to a gen which gives them the upper hand, it doesn't have anything to do with gen repair speeds. If you actually repair a gen as a survivor its boring and takes a year lol.

With wiggling its been like that for ages but devs do not want to change it because its meant to be hard which yes it is but its literally impossible.

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

I agree the game is so survivor sided in order to compensate for the fact that 3/4 or 4/4 survivors are potatoes that when 4 actually competent survivors get into the game together that its nearly impossible for anything a good killer to do. Thankfully most tournament teams are scrimming and aren't among the general populace for the most part. Unironically most of us can say its an experience issue because we remember being at that point in the difficulty curve. Ultimately at the end of the day you don't need all the experience in the world, you need more experience than the team you are against.

• lr01

thats a crap statement, gen repair has nothing to do with how good a killer is, if you can't find a survivor, in time 3 gens pop.... its stupid fast, and needs to be slowed down for a somewhat decent killer to have a chance.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092
  • lr01

really? like what?

enlighten me please

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410

There are perks to slow down survivors when repairing gens and if you are a good killer then you will know how to increase gen pressure and wont take so long to find survivors.

• lr01

which ones?

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

As you said, whisper and leathal pursuer helps, you got perks for wiggling as well

• lr01

If you can get those perks on a killer you use sure. Whispers doesnt really work unless you are using headphones with the volume WAY up.