If killer is so hard and unbalanced, why do you play it?

Options
2»

Comments

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

its way more fun imo, but one thing that everyone can agree with is its just the best way to get points.

Even if someone mains survivor, theyll usually play a bit of killer every once in a while with bbq so they can easily farm points for their surv.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

I play both sides because playing one side for too long makes the game stale.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Because most of it is really being melodramatic. I have bad games sometimes. Some of the losses are embarrassing. Yeah, I’ll come here and rant like many others do. But most of the time playing Killer isn’t that bad, even against most SWF.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options
  • HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,999
    Options

Im just gonna say what I said last time. I need to kill someone. I NEED TO MURDER-R-R-R-R-R-R

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677
    Options

I find killer to be stressful after 2-3 matches.

But ... It is fun if you can focus less on "winning" and more on just enjoying the build or killer youre playing as.

I play it mostly to try out fun builds or because i just enjoy certain killers powers.

But after putting at least 1k hours into this game ive come to a point where i dont think killer is stressful as people make it out to be anymore.

I just circled back. When you start the game you think killer is easy, which it is at first but then it becomes a nightmare for a while as you rank up. I stay in green ranks and usually reset back to yellow. Thats the sweet spot for me. Now when i do get the death squads, which happens maybe once every 2-3 matches even in lower ranks, i know how to deal with them.

The key is to stay focused on your build. Dont deviate from your strategy to lock into long chases. Knowing when to quit a chase is the most important thing.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

BBQ. Bloodpoints.

• lostboy
    lostboy Member Posts: 89
    Options

I may be in the minority, but I was a killer main for many years until just before the blight chapter. I haven’t played the game since because of a few reasons from toxic communication & balance.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options

So, first of all, I hate this talk of "bla bla bla requires no skill" There are easier and harder roles in this game, but if nothing took skill everyone would end up being the same rank and matchmaking would not matter.

The skills that you use when playing killer and survivor are very similar, the pressure is very different. There's more pressure as killer because you need results and you need them now.

With survivor, there isn't that kind of pressure. With survivor it's a game of endurance, you're trying to give your team mates more time to work on generators. However, a mistake that's big enough can cost your team the match.

The difficulty curve is also very different for killer and survivor. For survivor it's a complete gamble on how strong the killer is, they could be a total potato or they could be a god.

For killer though, the power levels are in a way tiered, this is because match making will generally try to put people of the same rank together.

So as you get better and rank up, you may have gone verses 4 rank 14 survivors last game, but are now versing 4 rank 12 survivors. The difficulty level between the 2 is enormous. And it only becomes more of an issue as you get higher and higher in the ranks. This also leads to the feeling of unfairness, where you may have just won a game and then the next game you go verses a team where each player is individually better than you, and it feels incredibly unfair. And when you get good enough to beat that group then you go up against another team that makes you feel that same way again.

The difference between getting 4 rank 2 survivors and 4 rank 1 survivors is night and day and the difference between versing 4 rank 1 survivors and versing a competitive team like Oracle is a whole other level.

If you want to see just how brutal a game verses a comp group can be, watch the matches where TruTalent went verses Oracle.

Now it becomes a common argument that because a group like Oracle is nearly unbeatable, that that is evidence that Killer is under powered. To which I say to that is that you're cherry picking. If you actually watch comp games, killers 4k just as often as they lose. It tends to be a blowout one way or the other, and that's just because this game has a tendency to snowball. Competitive Killer players can verse competitive survivors and that should not be a surprise to anyone.

So in summary, every role requires skill. The group that wins is generally the better player(s), and each role can end up feeling oppressive to the other group which ends up in people getting their egos hurt and coming to the forums to complain about balance.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

I'm with you, OP. It's truly fascinating to me how many killer mains complain that the game is stressful and not fun, and they inexplicably will not stop playing.

• HuskyTwitter
    HuskyTwitter Member Posts: 70
    Options

My need to engage in homicidal behavior on a MASSIVE scale can not be corrected, but I have no other way of fulfilling my needs.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,646
    Options

Because Survivor queues are 20 ######### minutes

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674
    Options

The alternative is to play survivor, but having played killer for so long i see all the dumb stupid mistakes survivors make all the time and dont want to be subjected to that.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508
    Options

Well, ignoring the "killer requires no skill" bait, the reason is killers each have their own unique playstyle. Survivors are just skins. There's simply more variety to killer.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited June 2021
    Options

Que times and BP.

Edit: Also, killer is very easy at low ranks. Maybe play on AU servers at rank 1.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 766
    Options

A couple of reasons:

-I like DBD as a concept. I like the idea of this 1v4 killer vs survivor game.

-I like the idea of getting to play as these killer characters. All of them have something to offer and I particularly like a few of them quite a lot.

-Mechanically, I love how a lot of killers play. I enjoy engaging with those mechanics. Blight is the one that stands out the most. Such a simple concept but the way he plays is so satisfying.

-When the game works well and I get to chase people, it is extremely satisfying to outplay survivors. To make reads on what they're gonna do and either be right or wrong. To think several steps ahead. To manage all 4 of them. That is very fun.

What is not fun, is the fact that while I'm trying to outplay and manage my opponents all they're doing is "hold M1 to win videogame". It's especially frustrating when they're coordinated so they can play extremely safe, they barely even try to make plays at all, and they almost finish their objective in a ridiculously short amount of time. There's barely any gameplay with most killers on these types of matches. Luckily Blight can hold his own against these survivors, but this is the single most frustrating thing in this game. When I lose, I want to feel like I got outplayed, NOT outgenned, which is what happens most of the time I've lost or come near losing.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,623
    Options

Because it's what we want to play. The playstyle, the role suits us better. It's definitely more challenging and skill intensive than survivor, even without the game being massively in the survivor's favor like it is now and probably always will be.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Killer is harder than survivor and thats fine.

But overall the game is pretty balanced now imo, all it needs is better matchmaking before any big changes

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,004
    Options

Bloodpoints.

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576
    edited June 2021
    Options

That's why I taken a break on killer.

Because solo survivor is 10x easier then killer and less stressfull. I dont know why survivors complain 🤔

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    Options

Survivors wanting even less people to play killer, guess they really like their queue times!

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

Everyone say Killers queue is instant and Survivors queue is ten minutes long.

How is it the complete opposite for me? 🙈

(I'm fron France, maybe queue time is different...? Unless you're from EU as well, but you don't have to answer if you don't feel to tell your location.)

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options

Well for one you aren't dependent on three other people to not be total idiots.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

The only moment survivor queue is shorter, is during the morning. But during prime time? Horrible survivor queue.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

I think you must be doing it wrong (just like myself).

I play solo survivor, and i can tell you a lot of survivors are not doing gens at all....

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886
    Options

For the same reason you keep posting, even though everyone knows you're baiting.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Germany here and yes the queue times before 8pm and after pretty much invert their waiting times. Survivor fast before and killer fast after.

I guess the portion of survivor player that are occupied during the day is bigger relatively to the portion from killer.

• BronzeHandModel
    BronzeHandModel Member Posts: 116
    Options

For my expirience its a balanced gameplay. Just a broken matchmaking. But i dont complain. I have my Kills and i have losses.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

Where did I say I wanted less people to play killer? Stop acting like a victim. If you or anyone else doesn't like game, why play it? Genuinely. Why are people playing a game they don't like? I get frustrated with DBD and take long breaks. Or I play killer to get dailies done, or just to try something else. I do not force myself to play a game that I think is "stressful." So why do you killers do it?

And my queues have been instant lately, thanks!

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705
    Options
  • gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Because outside of fringe matches, it isn't. I can count the amount of teams I play against monthly (at peak and mid day EU times) on one hand. And I mainly stick to lower/mid tier killers.

Most of the killers you see complaining are new, if they were around in 2016/17 dbd they'd find most of the killer complaints here laughable.

Honestly its perk and maps that annoy me nowadays, not so much the difficulty of playing against strong loopers. There's some maps where their lame design ( midwich, Hawkins) make me not want to even try, and then there's maps that are just plain unfair with how unmindgameable pallets can be.

Sure, every now and then, maybe once a fortnight I'll get decmiated in a completely unfair one sided match by a strong SWF. But not enough to make me come on here crying about it like most seem to.

At the end of the day, nearly 5 years in I still enjoy killer to a degree. I just wish the devs started actually trying with new killer powers. They're either creative but frustrating to play (twins is a good example) or a carbon copy of an existing killer that gets dull within 2 weeks.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

He's just doing the survivor equivalent of that dude with the Freddy icon and his "unga bunga survivor bad, killer knight in shining armour" threads/

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629
    Options

For the satisfaction I feel after I kill a team of sweaty ######### cause they got cocky. Other than that, I feel bad getting randoms killed cause I can’t loop and I don’t wanna troll randoms.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    Options

How is pointing out the fact that you are actively telling people to NOT play a role playing victim? Who says they are forcing themselves to do so?

Don't deflect your ideology on to me. I already answered those questions.

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267
    Options

Bloodpoints.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

Faster queue times, more BP. Survivor is way more fun and stress free, but I play killer as a public service.