Knockout trumping Kindred / Better together, possible bug?

Options
CaulDrohn
CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,572

Hello ppl of the fog,

I just got out of the game against a slugging nurse with knockout. I had both Kindred and Better together on me, but I never saw survivors in dying state with it. That surely shouldn't be the case.

I know that this might belong into bug section, but I did not record anything about it. St I wanted to ask if someone else encountered that issue maybe? Or if someone could try that out in custom games, I would myself, but I do not have two püals available right now for testing?

I'm guessing if it's bugged, other aura reveal perks like Empathy and Bond should also not work.

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Nope, that's just how it works. Yay solo-preying.

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230
    Options

Knock Out

When putting a Survivor into the Dying State with your Basic Attack:

Their Aura is not revealed to any Survivor farther away from them than 32/24/16 metres.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

This makes sense. I think it would be kind of dumb for those things to just completely counter Knockout.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Its a 4v1 having the 4's perk beat the one is kind of backwards don't you think?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,631
    Options

Empathy used to show the aura still though. Better Together definitely should show it if Empathy used to, though I have no clue if Empathy still does since the rework in 4.1.0

• CaulDrohn
    edited June 2021
    Options

@MadLordJack @gendoss @Zozzy

It definitely did not work that way in the past! Empathy was always a hard counter to knockout, and Better Together / Kindred / Bond should work exactly the same. Also keep in mind, there is no Undetectable for survivors (except through survivor perks like Distortion and Off the record, and that does only work against killer auras), so an aura perk should always show you the respective auras as long as you are not under Blindness debuff.

Edit: Some more clarification: Knockout prevents you from seeing red survivor auras from a certain distance. Being on a hook and survivor perks give you a yellow aura, which should not be prevented by the perk. The only means to hide this would be Blindness debuff. /Edit

I have the fealing the devs messed up the aura reveal when they reworked the perk. It might even be intended, but then it should be stated as such in the perk description. @Almo @MandyTalk Do you have any info whether this was changed intentionally?

• CaulDrohn
    Options

We tested it out in custom games, and Knockout dedinitely hides alle yellow auras, including Bond, Empathy, Kindred, Better Together and when being hooked. We did not check Aftercare, but that shouldn't behave differently.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,240
    Options

When it was updated in 4.1.0 it also changed to trump all aura reading perks

• CaulDrohn
    Options

You are right, it's even stated in the DbD Wiki:

Trivia

• Knock Out used to be trumped by various Perks that allow Survivors to see their injured peers, but this was changed with Knock Out's changes in Patch 4.1.0.

But if thats the case, I feel it should be clarified in the perk description. Since it worked differently before 4.1.0, older players like me still expect it to being trumped by survivor aura perks. The current description is not specific enough in this regard, imo.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,485
    Options

This is not a bug, but by design. Knock Out does indeed block the aura's of perks such as Empathy.

• CaulDrohn
    Options

Ok, nice unknown buff to the perk. Now that we have confirmation for that, is there a chance for updating the perk description to better clarify this aspect of the perk? Something like "This trumps all other survivor aura reveal effects." would be sufficient. At least for me, the new perk description did not reveal this change to me at all, and I'm guessing I'm not the only "veteran" player who missed that.