We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Can we talk about the flash bangs a sec

Seriously, just ran into a whole team of people who with every grab threw a FB, causing me to drop a survivor, never managed to hook anyone.... can we put a limit on these things or better yet make them go away all together, between that and decisive strike..... too hard.

Comments

• lr01
    lr01 Member Posts: 63

thats not true at all, takes like 3 seconds for the flashbang to clear. can't look away from a flashbang, and I didnt say anything about flashlights....

• lr01

i call BS

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,228

You didn't, I did. You locked yourself into an animation when someone was nearby with a blind at the ready. They used flashbangs, but they could've used torches for the exact same effect.

And no, you CAN look away from a flashbang. Most killers I tried to use it against just turned around and moonwalked for half a second to completely cancel it out.

• lr01
    edited June 2021

you're not reading the whole post or you are not understadnign what i am saying, A WHOLE FREAKING TEAM of survivors with flashbangs, I couldnt move... all i'm saying is if 1 survivor has it it shouldnt be an option for the rest of the team. seriously....same thing with flashlights...add that with them all communicating via discord.... well, you just can't win.

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 234

I almost did the same thing and I think I see what you're getting at now. I've barely had any success with the flash bang, and barely had it affect me as a killer so far, but it's been one person using it, a whole team with them, especially if they are body blocking and restricting your movement, yeah that'll ruin your night real quick. They could definitely use some tweaks.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Look. Up. Or... bait people into going for a flashbang save and hit them if they're doing it every single time you pick up.

• lr01
  • Milo

Yes I did. There can be one person, or three. It doesn't matter for a flashbang save. This isn't a flashbang problem. What you're describing is SWF bodyblocking problem.

• lr01

mixed with flashbang/flashlight/discord....

makes the game unfun, then lets throw in broken matchmaking.....

• Milo
  • lr01

no its an anti flashbang post. man you just dont get it.

• Milo

Flashbang is not a problem here. It's a SWF bully squad that you went against that is the problem.

• lr01

so you don't think that 4 survivors with flashbangs is an issue, I get that. I'm saying I disagree. there needs to be a limit.

• Firellius

So how do you propose this is enacted, then? And should it extend to flashlights as well, since that'd be the same issue?

Do you propose that when a solo player gets matched into a game where someone else has flashbang equipped they just get told to swap? But then how does the game determine who has to swap? And what if flashlights get found in the trial chests, do those just get banned somehow mid-trial?

A flashbang takes 40 seconds to make, not counting the time it takes to find and enter a locker. You got bullied, that's a shame, but you also misplayed.

Flashbang is legitimately one of the worst perks in the game, you just allowed it to work.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

Sounds like you just need to play better. Get your head on you and understand what is going on. If they are constantly throwing flashbangs, why are you constantly picking up. You can slug if you think/know someone is nearby for a flash save.

Also, There are counters to all types of blinds (other then blast mine... just don't kick gens 5head) simply look up/away if it's a flash bang or down if it's a flashlight. Of they blind you during pickup that's good on them since they know the timing. If they blind you at any other time while carrying a survivor that's on you. And if you dont want to worry about this stuff just bring lightborn. Yeah it might not be the best perk in the game but it sounds amazing for someone like you.

If you are seriously complaining about DS then don't tunnel. If you do tunnel then slug.

Ultimately, you have to face the possible consequences of your actions. There are outplays to almost every aspect of this game.

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410

Honestly this sounds like an anti swf post lol.

Flashbangs are very unreliable and to be honest is not the best perk out there. Honestly you just need to adapt your playstyle quickly like if they are flashbanging you, don't keep picking up the survivor, hit them and slug. Also, there is a wait until the flashbang takes effect, just look away like if it was a flashlight.

Also, i don't know why you are complaining about DS. It needed the nerf but they nerfed it so bad that its not completely useless which is why hardly anyone runs the ######### perk. You just need to adapt your playstyle and get better at it.

• lr01

somehow i knew the level 1 payers would come in here and tell me to get gud, you know what? get bent... its a real problem. you disagree then disagree dont attack play style because you dont know how to use your words....

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

The survivors had to all collectively repair generators up to 50% (given they all had rank 3 of the perk) which EARNED them the ability to use the flashbang 1 time each. This perk has VERY limited use per match and it takes up a perk slot. If 4 survivors get the flashbang and use it against you then they deserve to have that advantage in those moments. If you don't want them throwing flashbangs in your face all the time, apply more gen pressure. Survivors need things like this to have a fair chance to escape the killer and save their team mates.

• Milo
  • lr01

Your telling me to get over it. how's that helping? Here let me help you.... it's not. Kate has it all wrong. ya'll need to learn how to people better than you currently are.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

Flashbangs are not problematic, those things are incredibly hard to use and are pretty inconsistent, if they managed to blind you with a flashbang then its your fault as you can hear the thing hit the ground

• Milo

We gave you advice on how to work around flashbangs. You completely ignored it being stuck in "they're overpowered".

But your true problem lies in SWF, not flashbangs. Or you just don't want to adapt. It's either of those two at this point.

I'll repeat the advice again: If you're picking up a survivor, you can "bait" pick up and then look around if someone is near. If you hear the flashbang noise (it's like a sss) look up. If you're looking up you can't be blinded. if there are survivors body blocking AND using flashbangs at the same time, hit them WHILE looking up.

• lr01

i never said they were oeverpowered, What i said was there need to be limits on how many there can be in a game. AT THE SAME TIME.... see you werent listening.

• akanadi
    akanadi Member Posts: 242

simple answer

use your ears and look up

• Milo

Alright, completely ignore rest of my post because I said they were overpowered instead of posiblity of being used by everyone.

Anyways, if you think a perk needs to be limited so that only max 1 survivor can use it, then you mean the perk is overpowered if too many people use it, no? Also you didn't answer this arguement towards limitting the perk.

Do you propose that when a solo player gets matched into a game where someone else has flashbang equipped they just get told to swap? But then how does the game determine who has to swap?

And also, my own question, why do you feel like it's overpowered if 4 survivors run it? Because you never really explained that, you only said "just ran into a whole team of people who with every grab threw a FB, causing me to drop a survivor, never managed to hook anyone...." Then you added the part about bodyblocking later in the post. You didn't once said you tried adapting if it happenned EVERY TIME you tried picking up a survivor by, for example, looking for potential survivors trying to FB you.

And ANY arguement that was trying to be constructive, you dismiss saying how all the ranks 1 were only saying you "need to git gud". Shouldn't you want to hear what they're saying?

• Firellius
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

You realize flashbangs don't come for free? Survivors have to repair gens to get them.

• Firellius

And they have to find a locker, and they can't use any other items.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 767

Flashbang is an awesome survivor perk. I would even be fine with them being more available.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

flashbang is FINE END OF STORY.