Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Alert does not work on certain break actions

MGSchultz
MGSchultz Member Posts: 2

I'm playing on PC on Steam.

When Nemesis uses his tentacle strike to break a pallet or a breakable wall, the perk Alert does not activate, although that is a break action and the perk should activate.

Also, when Legion vaults a pallet with the Add-on Iridescent Button, the pallet breaks, but Alert again does not activate, even though that is also a break action.

To reproduce, simply go into a custom match as Nemesis, with a survivor using Alert. Level his tentacle to level two to be able to break pallets and walls and confirm that his aura is not shown, nor does the perk activate when he breaks them. To reproduce the Legion one, go into a custom match with the Legion using the Iridescent Button add-on and a survivor using Alert. After the survivor pulls a pallet down, use Feral Frenzy to vault the pallet and break it. Notice again that Alert does not activate.

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248

This is intended. Alert is only supposed to activate when a killer performs a default breaking action, it isn't intended to work with killer or perk-specific breaks.

• MGSchultz
    MGSchultz Member Posts: 2

No it's not. Hillbilly's chainsaw activate alert. Bubba's chainsaw activate it. So does demogorgon's shred and Blight's rush. Also Oni's demon strike, both in demon dash and not.

• Bass
    Bass Member Posts: 19

This is the reason I don't like running alert as much anymore. Because of how frequently nemesis uses his tentacle strike to destroy pallets, I basically am gettint no information for a perk solely designed for information.