Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

If a new 4v1 horror game were to come out, what would you want to see?

Beelzeboop
Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

Asking for myself.

I plan on putting my coding skills to the test next year, and making a game that could even theoretically compete with DbD with all it's licenses would definitely be challenge enough.

So, what would it take to get you to play it over Dead by Daylight?

Comments

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757

I mean....You can try.

But im not holding my hopes up because you see all those other games that tried?They are all dead now.

But it doesnt hurt to try just know its going to be very very very a million times very hard if you are doing this all by yourself.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

It's available on console and is optimized for console. I really don't ask for much. 😂

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Actual horror instead of just using horror characters

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,263

Sounds promising, good luck :D

-

A similar game will not replace DBD for me, unless the game is truly amazing in every way.

I gave Identity V a chance but the game is awful. and then Home Sweet Home Survive came out, everyone thought that it's going to take over DBD but they failed big time.

From really unbalanced characters and mechanics and ridiculous cosmetics.

I wish to see more games like DBD, the game Last Year could have been one. i love the characters and the aesthetics so much.

If I'm going to see something very similar to DBD and Last Year, I'm in.

Fun crafting and objectives are going to be nice.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Balance.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

All asymmetrical means is that the two sides have different abilities. This makes balance difficult, but it is certainly possible to make each side have equal power.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

let survivors(or the equivalent of it) be actually distinctive to one another.

make it so super fast matches and hostage situations are not possible, in both sides.

many interactive actions between players but also with objectives.. no not too much/too long sit in one place and hold a button.

stealth and actually wanting to end a chase as survivor should kinda be priority, not trying to waste the killers time.

having to heal yourself/let yourself get healed should in most situations be top priority.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,160

A 4v1 that is based upon crafting during the game, stealth and tension. Plenty of hiding places, but a killer that is legitimately imposing and deadly.

Also, a game which focuses more on optimisation and atmosphere than graphical capability and memes.

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

Honestly, if it's on console I'm already in. Dbd has way too many issues

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I’d say focus on making a small yet fun group of killers. Don’t bother making a ton of them if they all aren’t fun