Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

dbd is dying and it's impossible to save it

Comments

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Everything is dying and it's impossible to save it.

But in short yeah this was you not playing the best more then it is a problem.

DbD becomes a whole lot more enjoyable once you learn to set your echo aside and stop blaming the game for your mistakes.

Despite some people saying how easy it is. It takes a lot of dedication and game knowledge to get really good at dbd. It's kinda like a fighting game in that regard. Easy to learn, hard to master kinda stuff.

And like fighting games that just isn't everyone's cup of tea. If you lose and your first instinct is to debate wether or not to DC instead of figuring out what went wrong and how to improve you might be better of moving to something else.

Getting frustrated in what is suppose to be your relaxing downtime won't help you that much

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

You're a godsend. I love you and I hope you recieve riches in the future.

I took a screenshot so I can practice this.

I've been having really sweaty survivors recently, at first I've been handling okay, but it's started to get to me haha

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

Im sorry but those loop are not infinite the cow tree and the jungle are really strong specially in that setup because the are right next to each other but they are not infinite.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

Someone put out a really good video with diagrams, might have been scott jund.

Happy to help :)

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

Ahh... personally for me, I really dislike Scott Jund, but if you think that video is worth it, I'll give it a watch

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

People were pointing out your bs, not defending BHVR or anything like that. I'm sorry that we aren't blindly agreeing with your narrative that '3 good loops = killer sucks', but you're wrong about these being infinites and people told you why you were wrong. Don't get pissy now when we've shown you what went wrong with your gameplay and how you could've handled this better.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,175

There have been various discussions in the past about DBD "dying", and each time it's never happened. The main reason is: where is the competition?

"Identity V" hasn't the promotional punch, and other games like "Last Year" and "White Day" (I think that's what it was called) have either been abandoned or do not have the attention directed on them.

I'd argue that DBD won't be at risk until a viable competitor is placed on the market, and until then they won't ever be at risk of ending unless they choose to end it through boredom.

Maybe it's a challenge for any budding programmers out there to start developing their own vision?

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

didn't play right according to your loadout

• aroell
    aroell Member Posts: 477

You have to get better at better at this game. You would’ve gotten her way earlier if you tried to m1. And you are using iri head btw so please don’t complain

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389

Coldwin is the new Haddonfield sadly, but you played those loops incorrectly.

Learning which chases you should commit and which you should not is one of the most important things as killer.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

your gameplay just hurts to watch.

mans really just called a circle of hey with a pallet an infinite

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

Lmfaooooooo what did i just watch

• LinkOfSerevillon
    LinkOfSerevillon Member Posts: 140

They arent, especially not for huntress. They missed hatchets, are playing with one hatchet because of the iridescent head, and arent playing the loop well. Thats just someone not being good versus a loop being an infinite. infinite loops are not a thing anymore, and if a loop seems like its infinite then you need to analyze what you are doing wrong to make it seem like that when it isnt.

• LinkOfSerevillon
    LinkOfSerevillon Member Posts: 140

How is it sad. its great for them. They made a niche that no one has really been able to put a formidable competitor to. There isnt a reason for them to put more effort in because people will play this regardless as there isnt a viable alternative. It would be dumb to waste more effort than necessary when they essentially have a monopoly on the genre.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

The title of this thread made it more dramatic than it needed to be.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

God I love these threads.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 573

You should look at older dbd videos from 2017 to see what an actual infinite looks like and from my experience playing as Huntress, she’s very easy to loop especially at the updated coldwind. Playing badly at loops doesn’t mean the game is dying, you aren’t entitled to easy 4ks everygame.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Well you've mastered the most important huntress tactic: dcing when you can't catch anyone.

I don't know why you dced at all, you had two survivors dead so you can afford to go on long chases and maybe learn something.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

That's brilliant - share something for everyone to see and abuse. And I'm a solo survivor, so thanks?

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

The biggest issue I saw in that video is the 2 meter long hit box the pallet had that hit you.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

This game is dying since it came out according to people.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

When you run that add-on you will always be looped really hard against good survivors or have early pallet drops. No one wants to get downed in 1 shot by a projectile.

Those survivors played well and out witted you. They probably knew that you only had 1 hatchet available at any time due to that add-on. So used that to their advantage.

Also, you were throwing the hatchet at a whim. That's the big downside to that add-on. Not only do good survivors know when you're only an M1 killer at 110%, but you also only have 1 shot before having to basically give up the chase. You need to be sure it will hit the survivor.

And please don't call those loops infinites...

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

ok guys let me explain, so the game is dying because this guy played poorly for 2 minutes ending to DC after raging for a missed shot even tho he already had a decent 2k

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

This game isn’t close to dying as people still play it

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943

dbd is not dying

• They didn't fix Groaning Storehouse's infinite at all, it is still so exploitable

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

... you are aware we topped our all time high on players less than two weeks ago, right?

• Edgars_Raven

Actually this is a good point. If you have to run that loop now is about the time you want to do it. 2 dead, other person injured, yeah. This is the time for a long chase

• Edgars_Raven

🙄 meanwhile killer mains are in here correcting him too.

• akanadi
    akanadi Member Posts: 242

you're just a 110 killer you're catching up just slowly

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I actually went back to watch this and I am astonished

You dc’d when you already had 2 kills (which is a tie pretty much) because a survivor was running you around a loop that wasn’t an infinite for a ranged killer, made several mistakes in all of the loops shown, gave up plenty of times which gave them distance

You don’t and will not always get a 4k, you don’t need to always get a 4k

• the_new
    the_new Member Posts: 175

the game isn't dying (that's only for steam)

• the_new
    the_new Member Posts: 175

alot of things could explain why you got looped

1. your playing a 115 killer
    2. your addons aren't that good ire head is really bad now
    3. you threw your hatchets at weird times
    4. you gave up
    5. the survivor played it well
    6. you stopping at 0:25 was the reason you lost it allowed the survivor to go from loop to another without using a pallet
    7. you played it really bad
    8. you tried to hit the survivor at times which isn't even possible
  • A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

People have posted that it is at its most popular, so maybe it's still growing.

Perhaps you're just losing interest in it.

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369

wth did i watch, wasting my time. you got outplayed and you need to play better

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

You do know how ridiculous the title of your Thread is right? :) People have been predicting the death, screaming the sky is falling, of Dead by Daylight since the first month is was released. I'm not going to get into your silly discussion about the infinite there because it is... well.. silly. I just wanted to point out that you lost all credibility the second you posted under that title and became another, hyperbole, Chicken Little.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Huntress never misses but you were missing. Are you expecting a 4K from playing like that?

You got outplayed in the hay and still want to win.

• TwitchyMike
    TwitchyMike Member Posts: 759

Well aren't you a glass half empty kind of guy?

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I was expecting a different reason for the game to be dying, not from loops. Players might come and go, so the game will probably be around for some time, but I hope in the future they can introduce something new that is not only perks, survivors and killers, because there the core gameplay will still be the same even with more of those added.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

If its so killer side why are more people playing less killer? Why are gens competed so quickly? Swf is unfair to the killer. The survivors are the power role. And survivor mains cry nerf spirit/nerf/wraith. But touching swf or buffing killers is a big no no.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508
    1. The game has been in a much worse state in terms of map balance, and hasn't died, and with the DLC chapter, it's grown.
    2. Those aren't really infinities. They're loops that require brute force, and an excellent case for why Huntress and Trickster should not be 110%, but those aren't true infinites. Main buildings typically have infinites unless you break the walls. This isn't to say that the loops were fair. It's not. Those are extremely safe loops, and it's comical that someone in an authoritative position in BHVR gave the map rework a thumbs up, but that just means the map is as BS as it used to be. No faith in the upcoming Haddonfield rework.
  • MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

I’m a killer main and I agree. You didn’t play very well. Not a problem with map design

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368

Why did you swing at 0:31? The survs injured noises were getting softer - meaning they were running from you, not sticking on the loop.

Also that last hatchet throw before you DCed would have missed no matter what.

The one you threw at Claudette at the tree seemed like either a very desperate, hail Mary throw, or you forgot to account for the fact that the hatchet has travel time.

Either way, a bad match where you make some bad decisions doesn't mean the game is dying.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    edited June 2021

Edit: The hell? It just mashed together all my sentences when I posted this comment.