Heads up to the killers on console

Options
Razorbeam
Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

After grinding out a lot of killers this week and dealing with the absolute game breaking client stutters rending chases useless against any competent survivors/swf ( seriously a stutter in a chase is like they are gifted a free dead hard or two and then when you finally catch up to them they actually use dead hard that also ironically makes the console client stutter ahhhhh end my suffering I've leveled 5 killers to 50 in this ######### moving from PC to PS4 pro )

I have found somewhat of a solution killer while we wait for this travesty to be solved, namely the Hag, for some reason even though she teleports all around the map she actually plays very smoothly including blink slaps and on most maps. Her play style of setting up her web and not being so chase focused actually let's you compete without fighting the client or feeling unbearable depression every time you lunge and stutter off in a random direction. If the team looks sweaty, lock her in, trust me.

If Hag isn't your cup of tea my other set up during these dark times is a BBQ doctor, while he has lunge issues like most at least you get to kiss your cheque for 100k bp as the survivors teabag their way out the gate.

Thank you for coming to my tedtalk. Stay strong brothers.

Wake me up when I can go back to maining PH.

Comments

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433
    Options

Thanks. I’ve been so upset as I’m not getting the constant easy 4K rounds. Yesterday I got a 3k and literally felt like breaking something. I can’t wait until this is fixed so it’s back to easy 4K games. If I wanted a challenge I’d play survivor!

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,453
    Options

I tried Hagatha long ago on my Xbox, and the lag delay when I would teleport to a trap prevented me from landing a hit unless the surv must stood there for some reason. Without that insta hit survs gain way too much distance on her slow short azz.

• Razorbeam
    Options

I am running the game on the PS4 pro on 1080p, not sure how that compares to the console you're referencing but it's very smooth for me.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,453
    Options

I'm on an Xbox1x supposedly the strongest of the proir gen consoles. Every time I would teleport there's a half second delay before I could swing, no matter the spamming of the button. It's actually worse if I connect and am using Sloppy, because that combo freezes me for a second or two, more than enough time for the filthy surv to scamper off.

I dunno what that 108p thingy is. All I have is my xbox, controller, tv, and sometimes a headset. Luckily my tv had one HDMI or I'd been screwed long ago.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

Thanks, switching from PC to console definetly is rough, you get spun so easily because joysticks sensitivity is incredibly weird in this game, it's like the game has a huge base stick deadzone with a really sensitive aim acceleration that mess you up for the slightest movement.

The random stutters makes it incredibly worse especially for me who's trying to learn Demogorgon.

• Razorbeam
    Options

Yeah the spinning definitely took me a while, I've learnt to just take a step back to try and make it easier but when they dead hard through you causing a client stutter it's incredibly frustrating.

• Razorbeam
    Options

Yeah I stopped buying switch ports after mortal Kombat 11 rinsed me for £50, I very quickly saw switch games that were multi platformed were simply shoehorned in with no care for framerate.

I haven't actually got spirit yet but I am at 8000 shards so I'll give her a wirl.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,811
    Options

Yeah, my friend got it on Switch because 1. cross-progression with PC is coming, 2. we can play survivor together, and 3. the Silent Hill version was on sale. Hopefully playing survivor together will work out and it'll be fun and worth all this pain. I hope the PC cross-progression comes sooner rather than later.

Spirit is good, though she'd be better if I had the ability to track via sound. I don't, so I just get my kicks spooking survivors every once in a while with her. Blight became my current favorite on PS4 when they finally brought his camera up and adjusted his controls. Oh, he feels so good, even with his annoying habit of sliding off half the environment he's still fun. I can use his power during chases since I can still see survivors, unlike Spirit. And he gets Deviousness points just for bouncing off stuff, so I can grind BP. He's not unlocked yet on my friend's Switch, unfortunately, but hopefully soon. I miss the little pinball.

• Razorbeam
    Options

I am hella jealous of the cross progression, I want my legacy prestige skins aka entity jizz outfit. Blight was actually who I was originally aiming for because I need his undying perk but was scared off of him with the current performance issues, have you played him on PS since the re update ?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,811
    Options

No, not since the RE update, unfortunately. I'm traveling at the moment, so my PS4 Pro became half a country away a few days before the RE chapter was released, and because of the talks about overheating I don't want to play DbD remotely. I'm really hoping the RE update didn't kill him, but I'll admit I've been worried.

• Plu
    Options

Yeah deadhard makes it even worse, i'm unironically running Mindbreaker to lessen the impact of this perk now because it's ridiculous to go against with all theses issues.

• Plu
    Options

Yeah full sensitivity settings would be nice, like setting your own deadzone, removing or lessening aim acceleration, a ON/OFF toggle for the aim assist.

Idk why dbd doesn't have thoses yet when most games have it nowadays.

• NoTerrorRadius
    NoTerrorRadius Member Posts: 201
    Options

YES! I bought Demogorgon two days ago and have been having the same issues. I'm playing on Xbox One S.

• Razorbeam
    Options

Usually it's because a Dev team makes a client designed for one platform and then later on if successful they pay a lesser porting company to shoehorn the original game to work on consoles. This is the opposite of how games should be designed for console due to their dated hardware they need the game to be written from the ground up to utilize the set hardware to it's max performance.

The objective is to simply make the game work and get paid, you're incredibly lucky if you get any advanced options or even care putting in to make the client better utilize it's different hardware i.e mouse keyboard to controller.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

Guys here are the killers you should play until console gets fixed and until these bugs are fixed

Trapper

Wraith

Hag

Myers

Huntress

Freddy

Pig

Spirit

Legion

Plague

Ghostface

Demogorgon

Oni

Deathslinger

Pyramid head

Twins

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

You need to start taking notes from Sluzzy. You're trying wayyyy too hard. It needs subtlety or a more convincing tone, and you're not quite there yet. I believe in you though, one day you'll get there.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

Dude this took like a minute to make also why so rude I’m just stating that these killers are good to use for now cause they never lag and are smooth to play

• Razorbeam
    Options

Some Walmart basket bin caliber of trolling today, what happened.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

I've been having issues with Ranged Killers unfortunately