Reverse Map Offerings

Offerings that "Tremendously" reduce the chance of getting a certain map. Thoughts?

Comments

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,797

There already basically is one, so I don't see the need for more bloodweb bloat - The Sacrificial Ward cancels out all map offerings and the base chance of any given map being selected is already very low because of how many maps are in the game.

• Drekathar
    Drekathar Member Posts: 61

You're right. With the current state of the bloodweb there will just be too much stuff. Not a good idea to add more stuff in.

• Drekathar

I was thinking more on the lines of: "I never want to play Coldwind Farm with this killer" and put that offering on.

• notstarboard
    edited June 2021

Yeah, I see what you mean. As is, though, the odds of getting Coldwind are already relatively low to the point where you probably won't get much mileage out of a "don't send me here" offering. Let's say you level up to level 50 and get like 5 of these things, which would actually be quite a lot for a specific green offering. There are 36 individual maps in the game and 16 realms. Coldwind is 5 maps for 1 realm. I don't know exactly how maps are chosen (for example, is the realm picked randomly first and then is a map within the realm picked randomly, or are all maps just put in a hat and it picks one at random), but the odds of getting a Coldwind game are still going to be well under 20% (which is what you'd need to expect your 5 offerings to prevent playing even one match on Coldwind).

Plus, just selfishly, I don't like any of the map offerings and view them as pure bloat on the bloodweb. I don't really care that much where we play, bringing one prevents me from bringing a BP offering, and they're all green rarity, so they're expensive too. Adding another one just increases the amount of bloat in my bloodwebs.

• Drekathar

You would be surprised. I have been playing trickster this past couple of days and I keep getting coldwind for some reason. Like 80% of the games I feel. I know others have had ridiculous streaks of the same map in the past. Don't know why it happens but it does.

• notstarboard

Welp, that's how randomness and Baader-Meinhof work! It feels like half of my survivor games are against Deathslingers too ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if they increased the drop rate of Coldwind maps temporarily around 4.7.0 or whenever that realm rework happened, but I definitely haven't noticed an excess of Coldwind games lately. I don't think the drop rate is any different than normal.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I have a better idea, just delete map offerings altogether. In a game with so unbalanced maps its ridiculous you can choose where to play

• Drekathar

You're probably right. And the issue here would be bloodweb clutter. Still, if I could use an offering that would aid my perceptual experience I would find it useful.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Why? You could either use Sacrificial Ward or use your own map offering.

• Drekathar

It was just a thought but basically it'd be nice if you could get random maps BUT one particular type of map.