So survivors shouldn't be allowed to RUN now???

Options

I've really seen it all now! Killers who are complaining about when survivors "hold W"? Seriously???

And the fact that it's being called a "meta"? BAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA ROTFLMAO

Last time I checked movement was a pretty universal game mechanic. So. . . I guess that makes it meta?

Killer mains these days are something else. And all this time I thought survivors were the ones with all the petty complaints.

P.S. I play both sides and I just have fun. Maybe try not taking the game so seriously people?

Comments

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

Um. No. You have the complaint wrong. They are complaining that survivors run *in a straight line and predrop pallets.*

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
    edited June 2021
    Options

I don't consider it an issue for me. I main Hillbilly and Hag. Hillbilly just catches up and Hag just needs to place a trap. As well half the roster can already counter it and there's small maps. Although it can be annoying on big maps.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Well, I never told anyone to stop looping and adapt when facing Deathslinger.

Therefore I shouldn't have to deal with survivors holding W and pre dropping every single pallet.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452
    Options

I'm aware of the complaints. My post was trying to use humor to point out that it's kind of ridiculous when you think about it.

The issue seems to be, as with all the other petty complaints, is that people get good at a certain playstyle and then pitch a fit anytime something is introduced that requires them to adjust their style and adapt.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

I will admit I was one to say something that I don't like how survivor counterplay against 90% of the killer roaster.

I'm not saying survivor's shouldn't be able to run, it's the fact that Shift + W is very powerful but requires 0 to no skill or brain usage vs the skill and brain usage killers use.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,130
    edited June 2021
    Options

Obviously survivors are supposed to run. But let me ask you, what is the more fun game (and i mean for both sides.)

Game 1:

• Killer starts a chase with a survivor and they run to a loop, now starts a mindgame between the 2.
    • Did the killer double back?
    • Did he fake doubling back?
    • Is his red stain actually showing the direction he is going?
    • Did that survivor actually vault the window?
    • Did he fake it?
    • Did he slow vault it?
    • Maybe he has Quick and Quiet?
    • If the killer guesses right, he lands a hit and the cycle repeats until survivor is downed.
    • If the killer guesses wrong, the survivor just bought their team 15-20 seconds of gen time.

Game 2:

• Killer starts a chase with a survivor
    • Survivor immediately holds shift + w and runs in the opposite direction
    • Survivor immediately drops every pallet they run across and force the killer to break it.
    • Killer loses 3 gens in 2 minutes before landing a single hit.

I think game 1 is far more fun and engaging for both sides. Game 2 is a snoozefest.

Survivors should only buy time on generators when they "win a loop" against a killer, not just by holding w and running to the opposite end of the map. If survivors hold w, and don't vault a single window, don't drop a pallet, just hold w, it will take a killer 48 seconds to down them. Factor in picking up the survivor, finding a hook, walking to a hook, and hooking the survivor, you likely just lost 3 gens against a team playing efficiently.

• Edgars_Raven
    Options

Yes. If youre going to be sarcastic at least be accurate 🤷‍♂️

• Reinami
    Options

The difference is, this version of "adapting" is very boing for both sides.

• Edgars_Raven
    Options

Thats always been the counter to freddy since he was changed. Loop him if youre awake, run straight and predrop pallets if youre asleep. People are starting to collectively realize this and it amuzes me

• GeneralV
    Options

Yeah, but what does this has to do with what I've said?

I don't want people to hold W and pre-drop everything. I want the loops.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

That's the thing about life. You don't always get what you want. It's amazing how many people don't get that concept these days.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options
  • Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

This^ person has the power of conciseness on their side. Follow the advice in that^ post.

And if you're a survivor and struggle against killers countering your main style, then learn when to use the other two.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

Wait, so now you get to decide how comedy works? Pick a lane man.

• GeneralV
    Options

The thing is, fam, I used to get it. People used to actually loop, try and mindgame each other. That is how the game was intended to be played, that made it fun.

There is absolutely nothing fun in following a survivor on a straight line until you get them or Bloodlust kicks in, while gens fly across the map. That is boring.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

People getting hit through windows and pallets isn't a killer problem. Every killer's attack is a cone barring a few power modifications and the reason your getting hit through windows and pallets is because the game isn't in exact perfect sync between killers and survivors. When an attack happens near a survivor the killer can see themselves on top of you where are you're already through the window a good on your end. The server tries to split the difference between both sets of information and you end up getting hit as that is what it determines is the most reasonable outcome. Sometimes it can be the reverse where a killer "knows" they hit you, but the server's hit validation determines otherwise.

• Edgars_Raven
    Options

I made this point to someone else, its silly to get mad at survivors for using the counter that the devs specifically built into the killer you are playing. Its like complaining that people duck and break los against huntress. Its every bit as silly as when the survivors complain about camping and tunneling. If you dont like shift+w predrop playstyle, run stbfl and tinkerer (both great perks on fred). Run brutal (great perk that oracle said tru3 should have used). Zone them then break the pallet. Switch targets after getting rid of a couple pallets. There are things you as a killer can do to counter this play style. Ive been dealing with it at r1 for a few years now. Learn to adapt.

• Edgars_Raven
    Options

Its not really funny when its inaccurate though. People just roll their eyes. Cringe is the word im looking for. Its cringy. Their laughing at you, not with you. Could have been funny. It wasnt

• GeneralV
    Options

I already do this and I already run those perks from time to time, but that doesn't change the fact that it is boring. This is not how the game is intended to be played.

• Reinami
    Options

In game 2, if you drop chase the next survivor does the same thing and the 1st survivor you were chasing hops onto a gen as soon as you stop chasing them.

• Edgars_Raven
    Options

It IS how the game is intended to be played. You are wrong about that sir. This IS the counter to many killers. Why do you think there are so many oblivious perks? Why do you think Fred has oblivious buikt into his kit? Oblivious coubters this playstyle

• GeneralV
    Options

I doubt any dev has ever said that they want people to ignore the tiles they've specifically created for looping. The fact that this playstyle, if it can even be called a playstyle, serves as a counter to many killers is nothing but a flaw.

Also, to my understanding, Freddy doesn't have Oblivious built into his kit for people to pre-drop everything. He has it to give the player a feeling of control: this is HIS world, not yours. Just like Old Freddy had, but with different effects.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

With maybe the exception Huntress who throws beluga whales, you can dodge almost everything you've named with a little bit of practice. Most of the power based attacks are very linear, but at the same time if a player has put time into maximizing the way they use their power you should get hit. You're statement reads as if you're more upset that someone who has acquired skill is using said skill along with the power. Even though the power itself isn't unfair and through your own application of skill up to a point you could dodge it. I'm unsure how to interpret the Demo thing as he's extremely basic as his power is to just do basic attack while jumping. It's not like he can tunnel around loops faster than you can run it or leave entirely. There are many videos of Victors being juked and kicked, but if someone is playing skillfully then yes you most likely will get hit. That shouldn't be a complaint.

I will never understand why people get mad about people playing the game intelligently and making the most use of a killer's ability. Is that not what people want when they play a game?

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433
    Options

Yep lol. It’s insane isn’t it. These killer mains literally want an open field with immobile survivors they can hit, hook, and leave. These people have lost the plot officially.

• Edgars_Raven
    Options

You saying thats a fact doesnt make it one. Yes, they build that into the game. His weakness is this style, one of his perks adds oblivious and several of his add ons either apply oblivious or make you undetectable. Thats not an accident bud.

So you think its just completely random and coincedental that when survivors are asleep it counters what makes him weak in that state? I dont really no what to tell you. Keep dreaming I guess. 🤷‍♂️

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433
    Options

Well they took out the loops and half the pallets because killers whined all day about looping. So there’s that.

• GeneralV
    Options

I did not. Therefore, judging by that logic, I do not deserve to deal with that boring playstyle.

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320
    Options

Thats why I said it’s a design issue. The last 3-4 killers are pretty much anti looping, so people started using a strategy that was strong against them. I could go on a small novel rant about what lead to this, but I’ll leave it at that. It’s a design shift in the game, and the meta is shifting as a result.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

New Cold wind, New Game.

The loops never gone, its just RNG decide to put in 5 pallets

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 761
    Options

The fact that killers catch up so slowly to survivors just holding in a straight line is problematic. Obviously survivors should be able to run. The issue is that basically survivors behaving no different from the tutorial bots is an effective strategy. It's ridiculous that they can get so much value from doing something so mindless a literally bot can replicate it with similar success. It is ridiculous because its low effort for how effective it is which means survivors that are actually good break the game in their favor. People are just mentioning it now more cuz some youtubers talked about it...because god forbid this community actually thinks about problems with the game on their own.

And some survivors are acting like this is a new thing...like "oh you gave us killers with nO cOuNteRplaY, so now survivors are adapting and holding W". That's just BS. Holding W has always been effective. It's just that a lot of vocal survivors are too lazy to have to make a read instead of just being telegraphed by the game everything the killer has done and will do. Like the killer is an NPC or something...

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302
    Options

Uhh I’m a Pyramid Head main, I’m not complaining about anything. I’m just stating the facts. I very rarely play survivor because you need a SWF to have fun as survivor these days and I prefer solo Q.

If I’m playing on point you are not looping me very long. We get to a window, I put the sword in the ground. You take the window, you get hit. You fake it, I bodyblock the window while canceling the M2 into an M1. There’s no real input from the survivors half the time. So why would they want to try and loop me instead of just physically getting as much distance as possible?

You are saying “ooo killer should be rewarded with uncounterable hits because they can aim” when most people playing this game probably play tons of FPSs as well.