We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Math Question

Options
I'm an injured Default DwightI have Self-care. My friend, a very handsome Nea, was sacrificed. She was the obsession. Leather 'The Bubba' Daddy is our killer. He is equipped with Dying Light. He also has Sloppy Butcher, Thanatophobia, Coulrophobia. Two of my other friends, Shirtless David & Long-legged Meg are injured, too. Since I am a Default Dwight, I decided to heal in Leatherdaddy's terror radius. Considering the base healing time as 16 seconds, calculate the time it will take for Default Dwight to fully heal using Self-care. 

Best Answers

Answers

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

\pi

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options

π      

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    I would run over to the shirtless David and ask him to heal me as we hide behind some trees
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    I don't know how long this healing would take, but I'm sure that it's long enough to warrant the Interstellar docking music as *healing intensifies*.
  • Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513
    Options

Who cares? You're a Dwight, just die already. :)

• PhantomMask20763
    Options
    Eight said:

Yeah!! Get in ma dream world already!!!
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Trick question.
    He's actually going to find a Locker.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    Options
    Eight said:

No, I can't even hit great skill checks. Calculate it now.
  • Khalednazari
    Options
    I would run over to the shirtless David and ask him to heal me as we hide behind some trees
    I'm Default Dwight, I don't like to be touched. If you chase me to heal, I will run around the map, till you give up and go back to doing gens. 
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

61.056-71.808 depending on perk tiers

• Khalednazari
    Options

61.056-71.808 depending on perk tiers

Consider all the perks on tier 3. Also show calculations, please. 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

12 minutes

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    edited October 2018
    Options

the previous is incorrect 28.8+8.64+2.88+5.472=45.792 - tier 1, 28.8+14.4+3.456+7.2=53.856 - tier 3

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

@PhantomMask20763 said:

;);););)

• Khalednazari
    Options

the previous is incorrect 28.8+8.64+2.88+5.472=45.792 - tier 1, 28.8+14.4+3.456+7.2=53.856 - tier 3

It would be nice, if you can explain which values represent what. 
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,749
    Options
    This is like when kids post their entire math homework assignment on Yahoo! Answers.
  • MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614
    Options
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited October 2018
    Options

Default Healing Time: 16 Seconds
    Self-Care (50% speed): +16 seconds; 32 seconds
    Dying Light (25% speed) +8 seconds (with self-care); 40 seconds
    Sloppy Butcher (25% speed): +8 seconds (with self-care); 48 seconds
    Coulrophobia (50% speed) +16 seconds (with self-care); 64 seconds
    Thanatophobia, 3 survivors injured (12% speed) +3.84 seconds (with self-care); 67.84 seconds

Not including potential stacking values. For instance, Coulrophobia would probably factor 50% after all the other effects. In that case, it would be 77.76 seconds.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,373
    Options
    CoolAKn said:

Coultophobia (50% speed) +16 seconds (with self-care); 64 seconds
    Thanatophobia, 3 survivors injured (12% speed) +3.84 seconds (with self-care); 67.84 seconds

With the way things are calculated, it's longer than that. It's about 95 seconds to heal with self care *without* dying light. I wasn't able to test dying light because it was a 1v1 KYF game.

Inefficiency doesn't increase the time, it decreases the amount of charges you add. So healing is 16 charges, and you heal 1cps. Self care is half that, so you add 0.5cps. etc.

Small detail, but it makes a big difference.

(Sorry, on mobile right now, can't do the math. But it's really long.)
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    If you thought that speed was bad, check THIS out: https://youtu.be/Pg-LMzTkUDA
  • Khalednazari
    Options
    CoolAKn said:

Not including potential stacking values. For instance, Coulrophobia would probably factor 50% after all the other effects. In that case, it would be 77.76 seconds.

According to wiki, Mangled is 20% speed, and not 25%.
  • Khalednazari
    Options
    I agree with @Peanits, I know its longer than all the calculations so far. But if not only someone can just answer, but also tell how it works. 
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

@Khalednazari said:
    CoolAKn said:

According to wiki, Mangled is 20% speed, and not 25%.

It got changed this is why maybe he got confused.

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435
    Options

about 60.28 seconds

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    Options

@Khalednazari @Milo I looked on the wiki page for Sloppy Butcher, and it said 25%, so that's what I went with.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

I'd do the calculations in the way I assume they work, but since this seems like a joke thread...

• Khalednazari
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Orion said:

I'd do the calculations in the way I assume they work, but since this seems like a joke thread...

It's not a joke thread. Atleast for me. I just didn't wanna put up a boring question. 
  • Orion
    Options

@Khalednazari said:
    It's not a joke thread. Atleast for me. 

It was worded like that, but whatever.
    Post the percentages of each perk involved and the base healing time and I'll do the math, but I'm too lazy to look up all the info for myself.

• Khalednazari
    Options
    Orion said:

@Khalednazari said:
    It's not a joke thread. Atleast for me. 

It was worded like that, but whatever.
    Post the percentages of each perk involved and the base healing time and I'll do the math, but I'm too lazy to look up all the info for myself.

The calculations from the perk percentages do not match the actual result ingame. 
  • Orion
    Options

@Khalednazari said:
    The calculations from the perk percentages do not match the actual result ingame. 

Then the calculations being done do not match how the game actually makes them.

• Khalednazari
    Options
    Orion said:

@Khalednazari said:

Then the calculations being done do not match how the game actually makes them.

So you mean, these perk description doesn't contain all the info needed to calculate it? 
  • Orion
    Options

@Khalednazari said:
    So you mean, these perk description doesn't contain all the info needed to calculate it? 

If only one perk is being applied, then they do. However, if more than one is being applied, you also need information on how the game handles overlapping interactions, which is not expressed in the perks.

Look, do you want the math or not? If so, give me the percentages and base heal time. If not, I'm going to eat something.

• Khalednazari
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Orion said:

Look, do you want the math or not? If so, give me the percentages and base heal time. If not, I'm going to eat something.

Base Healing Time : 16 seconds
    Dying Light : 25%
    Thanatophobia : 12% (since handsome Nea is dead)
    Coulrophobia : 50%
    Sloppy Butcher : 20%

Now, idk if the game calculates the percentages it additively or multiplicatively. Can you do it both ways? 
  • Orion
    edited October 2018
    Options

2 minutes and 3 seconds (123 seconds), give or take, if it's done additively (adding all percentages and using that number as the debuff) with all perks thrown into the mix simultaneously.
    54 seconds, give or take, if it's done multiplicatively (multiplying all the reciprocal percentages and using that as the debuff) with all perks thrown into the mix simultaneously.

EDIT: I saw you added Sloppy Butcher after I did the math. Give me a minute.

The speed is not being calculated additively. Using the scenario you describe, the healing speed would be negative if that were the case. Thus, the percentages must be multiplicative. With that in mind, it would take about 1 minute to heal.

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435
    Options

@Orion said:
    2 minutes and 3 seconds (123 seconds), give or take, if it's done additively (adding all percentages and using that number as the debuff) with all perks thrown into the mix simultaneously.
    54 seconds, give or take, if it's done multiplicatively (multiplying all the reciprocal percentages and using that as the debuff) with all perks thrown into the mix simultaneously.

it would make since if it is additive since caulrophobia itself is 50% of base heal time and with self care it would already take over 45 seconds so a total of around 54 seconds would be too low to make any sense

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    Options

@Khalednazari said:
    I'm an injured Default Dwight. I have Self-care. My friend, a very handsome Nea, was sacrificed. She was the obsession. Leather 'The Bubba' Daddy is our killer. He is equipped with Dying Light. He also has Sloppy Butcher, Thanatophobia, Coulrophobia. Two of my other friends, Shirtless David & Long-legged Meg are injured, too. Since I am a Default Dwight, I decided to heal in Leatherdaddy's terror radius. Considering the base healing time as 16 seconds, calculate the time it will take for Default Dwight to fully heal using Self-care. 

2 minutes and maybe 30 or 40 seconds without botany

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    Options

@PhantomMask20763 said:

I dont wanna know what exactly is happening back there, but its not rubbing eachother in the right spot

• Orion
    edited October 2018
    Options

@TheDarkLycan said:

@Orion said:

it would make since if it is additive since caulrophobia itself is 50% of base heal time and with self care it would already take over 45 seconds so a total of around 54 seconds would be too low to make any sense

Heal speed is not the same thing as heal time. Sloppy Butcher reduces healing speed by 20%, but it increases the healing time by 25% (4 seconds out of 16 seconds). To make it additive, you'd get a 107% healing speed decrease, meaning your speed would go below zero.

• PhantomMask20763
    Options

@PhantomMask20763 said:

I dont wanna know what exactly is happening back there, but its not rubbing eachother in the right spot

It sure would feel good tho :wink:
  • Orion
    edited October 2018
    Options

It's possible some perks apply additively and others don't, which would make this virtually impossible to determine without a KYF group with the patience of a saint.

• Khalednazari
    Options
    Orion said:

It's possible some perks apply additively and others don't, which would make this virtually impossible to determine without a KYF group with the patience of a saint.

What's the calculation with Sloppy Butcher? 
  • Orion
    Options

@Khalednazari said:
    What's the calculation with Sloppy Butcher? 

With Sloppy Butcher and everything else, it's 1 minute, like I said.

• Khalednazari
    Options
    Orion said:

I ######### up the calculations. If they were multiplicative, it's about 2 minutes and 1 second total.

I think this how it works. So this is the right answer imo. Need to test it ingame now. 
  • Khalednazari
    Options
    @Orion can you also share how reached the calculation? 
  • Orion
    Options

I just realized the forum is not eating my comments. You're marking them as answers, so they go to the top.

• Khalednazari
    Options
    Orion said:

I just realized the forum is not eating my comments. You're marking them as answers, so they go to the top.

Ahahahaha xD