Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hallowed Blight Skins

Global
Global Member Posts: 770

So you unlock the killer skins by getting hooks. SO will it be 50 hooks for one peice of a cosmetic like in other community events or will it just be 50 for an entire set. Or maybe more.

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Tomorrow you´ll find out!

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    edited October 2018

Due to the developers' preferences for grind, I am sure its 50 per piece and not for the entire set.
    It'd be a welcomed surprise if I was proved wrong.

• Tsulan

@se05239 said:
    Due to the developers' preferences for grind, I am sure its 50 per piece and not for the entire set.

Since they removed the possibility to sabotage event hooks, i´d say grind.

• se05239

@Tsulan said:

@se05239 said:

Is that confirmed?

• Global

@se05239 said:

@Tsulan said:

@se05239 said:

Is that confirmed?

Yea sabotaging event hooks was removed

• Tsulan

@Global said:

@se05239 said:

@Tsulan said:

@se05239 said:

Is that confirmed?

And this patch note alone made my day!

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

I think people are assuming too much here. I wouldn't be surprised at all if most of the cosmetics are a limited time offer in the shop.

• Global

@Tsulan said:

@Global said:

@se05239 said:

@Tsulan said:

@se05239 said:

Is that confirmed?

I was planning on possibly not playing but i saw that and felt gud.

• Dreamnomad

Did you guys miss this particular point in the patch notes?

"Feature - Added customization filter options "Artifact" and "Event" in the Store catalog screen"

An event filter in the store. Clearly they intend to sell event cosmetics in the near future.

• Tsulan

@Global said:

@Tsulan said:

@Global said:

@se05239 said:

@Tsulan said:

@se05239 said:

Is that confirmed?

Yes, i was thinking the same. I would have probably only played survivor. Since Killer was a nightmare during the Howling Grounds event.

• Global

@Dreamnomad said:

"Feature - Added customization filter options "Artifact" and "Event" in the Store catalog screen"

An event filter in the store. Clearly they intend to sell event cosmetics in the near future.

Maybe you can buy it after the event if you werent able to play? Because these are high quality skins and i wouldnt doubt if they were available by some financial way.

• se05239

@Tsulan said:

@Global said:

@Tsulan said:

@Global said:

@se05239 said:

@Tsulan said:

@se05239 said:

Is that confirmed?

Yes, i was thinking the same. I would have probably only played survivor. Since Killer was a nightmare during the Howling Grounds event.

That's awesome news but I cannot seem to find anything about it.
    I was very worried about the whole sabo-buff plus hook placement change..

• Dreamnomad

@Global said:

@Dreamnomad said:

Maybe you can buy it after the event if you werent able to play? Because these are high quality skins and i wouldnt doubt if they were available by some financial way.

I would think that it would be more likely that the event cosmetics are only purchasable for a limited time. Historically speaking, during most events there is one cosmetic item for killers and one for survivors and maybe one more that is unlockable by the whole community's effort. I anticipate perhaps a couple of items being unlockable and the rest being available for a limited time in the store. I see no reason why they would just give all those cosmetics away for free. We'll see soon enough though.

• Global

@se05239 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Global said:

@Tsulan said:

@Global said:

@se05239 said:

@Tsulan said:

@se05239 said:

Is that confirmed?

Let this ease your mind m8

• Global

@Dreamnomad said:

@Global said:

@Dreamnomad said:

I would think that it would be more likely that the event cosmetics are only purchasable for a limited time. Historically speaking, during most events there is one cosmetic item for killers and one for survivors and maybe one more that is unlockable by the whole community's effort. I anticipate perhaps a couple of items being unlockable and the rest being available for a limited time in the store. I see no reason why they would just give all those cosmetics away for free. We'll see soon enough though.

I theorised to my friend that maybe you are only able to unlock a full set for 1 killer of your choosing but the rest you can buy

• se05239

@Global said:

@se05239 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Global said:

@Tsulan said:

@Global said:

@se05239 said:

@Tsulan said:

@se05239 said:

Is that confirmed?

Let this ease your mind m8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYqq9Ovz_9c

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

@Dreamnomad said:

That doesn't exactly mean they will sell event items seeing as you can view things you already own in the store. So previous event items will fall under the Event filter and content creator exclusives (Twitch, YouTube etc) would fall under Artifact.

• Dreamnomad

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@Dreamnomad said:

That doesn't exactly mean they will sell event items seeing as you can view things you already own in the store. So previous event items will fall under the Event filter and content creator exclusives (Twitch, YouTube etc) would fall under Artifact.

This is one of those situations where I would prefer to be wrong. I would have no problem unlocking cosmetics by hanging players on hooks. We'll see soon enough anyway.

• SIX
    SIX Member Posts: 67

@Tsulan said:

Is there some kind of event going on tomorrow ?

• Tsulan

@SIX said:

@Tsulan said:

Is there some kind of event going on tomorrow ?

Yes. It starts tomorrow and ends on the 31th.
    Maybe they explain more in the dev stream, which is about to start.

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435

60 seconds

• apathytheclown
    apathytheclown Member Posts: 295
    edited October 2018

You can only get 3 pieces of cosmetics.

• ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187

7 outfits but we can only get one for free and the rest is auric cells only - what a joke!

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435

@apathytheclown said:
    You can only get 3 pieces of cosmetics.

so im gonna get doc then buy huntress and wraith. the cosmetics are 1100 auric cells each right?

• Tsulan

@ComelyStar said:
    7 outfits but we can only get one for free and the rest is auric cells only - what a joke!

Well, they are making their money with the skins.
    Those skins look terrific and at least i will have a hard time choosing one.

• ComelyStar

@Tsulan said:

@ComelyStar said:

But 1 outfit out of 7? Come on, at least 2 outfits out of 7 seriously wouldn't hurt them!

• Tsulan

@ComelyStar said:

@Tsulan said:

@ComelyStar said:

But 1 outfit out of 7? Come on, at least 2 outfits out of 7 seriously wouldn't hurt them!

You can always buy them in the shop. won´t hurt you either, i guess.

• ComelyStar

@Tsulan said:

@ComelyStar said:

@Tsulan said:

@ComelyStar said:

Yeah it would hurt, because I don't have the kind of money to "waste" on those cosmetics. As a community event there was no need to make almost all of them auric cells only from the beginning!

• Tsulan

@ComelyStar said:

@Tsulan said:

@ComelyStar said:

@Tsulan said:

@ComelyStar said:

Yeah it would hurt, because I don't have the kind of money to "waste" on those cosmetics. As a community event there was no need to make almost all of them auric cells only from the beginning!

Well, no one forces you to buy them. Unlock the one you like the most and be happy with the FREE awesome looking skin.

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

@Tsulan said:
    Well, no one forces you to buy them. Unlock the one you like the most and be happy with the FREE awesome looking skin (EDIT: of your choice.)

• Global

@not_Queen said:

@Tsulan said:
    Well, no one forces you to buy them. Unlock the one you like the most and be happy with the FREE awesome looking skin (EDIT: of your choice.)

But then it brings up a harder question of "who do i unlock" :( Wraith is cool af but trapper is my boy.

• Tsulan

@Global said:

@not_Queen said:

@Tsulan said:

But then it brings up a harder question of "who do i unlock" :( Wraith is cool af but trapper is my boy.

Don´t forget the Doctor! And Dwight... Claudette... Damn, those skins look all great!

• SIX
    SIX Member Posts: 67

Why are people compaining, these are actually really good looking skins, they worth the few bucks, also they also need to earn money, you think they are paid in candies ?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

HOLY #########, The Wraith one is so good!

• Tsulan

@SIX said:
    Why are people compaining, these are actually really good looking skins, they worth the few bucks, also they also need to earn money, you think they are paid in candies ?

I don´t know what´s going on with everyone. We get more free stuff than ever before, can choose what we want, and people still complain.

• Global

@Tsulan said:

@SIX said:

I don´t know what´s going on with everyone. We get more free stuff than ever before, can choose what we want, and people still complain.

You see the problem IS that the skins are so good but we are only able to get 1 for free.

• Geondp
    Geondp Member Posts: 35

The fact that this "event" is not an "event" is what I think most people are sad about.. Maybe all the lore stuff will be SUPER cool and more then make up for it? The fact that the skins will ALWAYS been in the shop makes it feel like less of an "event" IMO

• Tsulan

@Global said:

@Tsulan said:

@SIX said:

You see the problem IS that the skins are so good but we are only able to get 1 for free.

But people would even cry if they would let us grind all 7 outfits. Because the lobby queues for killers will be horrendous.
    Of course i would love it, if we could unlock more skins.
    But what´s better? Getting more free stuff for a game that goes bankrupt in a few months
    Or getting less free stuff, but supporting the game for years through skins?

• Global

@Tsulan said:

@Global said:

@Tsulan said:

@SIX said:

But people would even cry if they would let us grind all 7 outfits. Because the lobby queues for killers will be horrendous.
    But what´s better? Getting more free stuff for a game that goes bankrupt in a few months

I think another problem is that we dont know how much money perk skin it costs. If its ten each its like $70 whole dollerinos. Which is fair as these are the best skins i have ever seen in this game but i would love to be able to get them all.

• Tsulan

@Global said:

@Tsulan said:

@Global said:

@Tsulan said:

@SIX said:

I think another problem is that we dont know how much money perk skin it costs. If its ten each its like $70 whole dollerinos. Which is fair as these are the best skins i have ever seen in this game but i would love to be able to get them all.

They could add the option to unlock them with shards. But 70$ of shards will be a huge amount of playtime.

• Global

@Tsulan said:

@Global said:

@Tsulan said:

@Global said:

@Tsulan said:

@SIX said:

They could add the option to unlock them with shards. But 70$ of shards will be a huge amount of playtime.

I think they said auric cells only :/

• Tsulan

@Global said:

@Tsulan said:

@Global said:

@Tsulan said:

@Global said:

@Tsulan said:

@SIX said:

I think they said auric cells only :/

I think if enough people complain (like on these threads), they might change their mind.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

I feel ripped off, I want my hype for the event back.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Tsulan said:

@SIX said:

Because it's not even close to other games with a lesser budget. They think they're HotS or something but at least HotS gives the loot chests with random chances where you can possibly get multiple.

Similar asymmetricals give out way more free outfits.

• Malkoth
    Malkoth Member Posts: 21

I am really dissapointed with this event.

I've supported DBD alot, bought every single DLC with money, as well as some cosmetics but seeing that they call this an "event" and they only allow us to get 1 outfit is really bad in my book.

You don't get skins for free. You earn them by playing during certain time frame (the hallowed blight event), and i see no problem with letting people who are willing to "no-life" the event to get all skins if they have time. This would go a loooooong way in the community. If this were the case, i'd probably play enough to earn 2-3 outfits and buy all the rest with cash. Seeing how this is not the case, i will hold my money and will think twice about spending my money. It just seems greedy.

• Tsulan

@purebalance said:

@Tsulan said:

@SIX said:

Because it's not even close to other games with a lesser budget. They think they're HotS or something but at least HotS gives the loot chests with random chances where you can possibly get multiple.

I hate lootboxes. The worst thing ever!
    In HotS, they tossed out slightly different skin colors as completely new skin. Then they added all the other useless stuff like paintings, portraits, sounds, etc. The chance to actually getting what you want is like winning the lottery.
    I played since beta, and got 80+ boxes. Most of the stuff was trash. I think i got 2 new heroes, and 3 epic skins. The rest was just trash. I even spend 15.000 gold to reroll.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Tsulan said:

@purebalance said:

@Tsulan said:

@SIX said:

I hate lootboxes. The worst thing ever!
    In HotS, they tossed out slightly different skin colors as completely new skin. Then they added all the other useless stuff like paintings, portraits, sounds, etc. The chance to actually getting what you want is like winning the lottery.
    I played since beta, and got 80+ boxes. Most of the stuff was trash. I think i got 2 new heroes, and 3 epic skins. The rest was just trash. I even spend 15.000 gold to reroll.

So you had bad RNG, but doesn't detract from the point. You get at least 1-2 NEW skins from the loot boxes during events with the potential for more without spending a dime. That's for a game that's not even really doing a good job.

Identity V allows you to get 4 free skins every 2 months just by playing and you get their version of lootboxes like candy which can include unlocks if you get the best skin