Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why is this game so grindy?

Wraff
Wraff Member Posts: 149
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

You'd think it be a crappy Mobile game with how much it expects you to grind.

Comments

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited June 2021

It does happen to a lot of games, but not to this absurd degree. Not even close. Usually games will have catch-up features that makes a new player not feel so lost and left behind (A good example that I know of being Monster Hunter World, where they've made several adjustments to the overall grind over the years, and all of the important event quests are now free to do whenever and not time limited and they give guaranteed important materials). DbD has basically done nothing of the sort in ages unless you count the rift challenges which barely make a dent in your BP earnings.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Yeah the grind is AWFUL. Would be nice if the devs would do something about it but they are apparently busy fixing a lot of other issues at the moment. Also, the players numbers keep going up so there’s no incentive for them to reduce the grind despite it being complained about pretty regularly on the forums.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Because this development team isn't the greatest. They did a great job creating the game, but haven't been able to follow through except in the art department. I don't know why everything keeps going to #########, I'm certain it's not the fault of the whole team but a few misguided individuals because you cannot put a team of game developers in a room, make them play the game, and have none of them notice the glaring issues.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

The mobile version is better with the grind, it has a double bp weekend once per month and daily login rewards. Why we can't have them both is beyond me and silly on the devs part for not adding it. I am sure they can see how unhappy most of us are with the grind.

• Dreadnight
    Dreadnight Member Posts: 125

The game is grindy because its free to play. Oh wait... its not!!!

At least the money goes to maintaining competent service and improve the health of the game, balance, emm matchmaking...? ummmm...

You make a lot of questions. Shut up and keep playing!!

PD: Dont forget to buy some skins in game or shirts in the official shop to keep doing a pretty good job so far.

PD2: Yes!! Im console player.

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

Most games that have a massive grind do so to get you to pay to reduce that grind or to keep people playing. DBD has no way to pay to reduce grind, so it seems like the devs think the grind is necessary to keep people playing (or they are using it to help compensate for gameplay that can get repetitive since there is only 1 game mode).

However, I actually think they are shooting themselves in the foot by discouraging more new players with the massive grind. They could pretty easily reduce it without much effort, getting rid of perk tiers would do away with most of it, so it seems like it is intentional that they aren't reducing it.

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190

Because, much like other parts of this game, it uses a 5 year old outdated system that doesn't work for the current version of the game. When you had 6 Killers it was fine. But now we have approximately 457 Killers and the devs just won't make any adjustments. I'm sure we'll get some sort of "soon" response in the next year, and have a better bloodweb in 2 - 3 years though. Sit tight!

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

because of how many characters there are

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I don't feel it's necessarily the perk tiers or amount of stuff we have, but the limitations they put on bloodpoints.

Make the category max higher than 8k, increase bloodpoint score events.

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326

Seriously, the grind is way too much. There are way too many perks and characters. It's especially punishing for people who play multiple killers and/or survivors. The BP cap needs to go and we need to get more BP per match. It's absolutely ridiculous that nothing has been done after 4 years.

• Wraff

Can anyone legitimately tell me why we still have Perk Tiers? And dont give me that "Blood Point Economy" nonsense. We cant gift, trade, or do anything with bloodpoints as a community so there is no "economy" just a tediously long grind that gets longer with each new chapter.

• Tysere
    Tysere Member Posts: 36

The 'Bloodpoint Economy', if anyone wants to claim there is one, for some reason, is actually 'forced playtime economy' and nothing else. I don't mind that the game has only one game-mode, when it really technically has 2. It's just pointless to play as Survivor bc it's miserable and you'll get like 3k BP for your time so you can maybe buy 1 item on a Bloodweb a match.

I'd be a lot more inclined to play often without being coerced by godawful grind if I had perks available so I could just try builds and play the game. I'd buy and try more killers too bc I'd actually be able to use them instead of needing to wait like 20 hours of gametime on something else so that I could put perks on them so they can actually do something other than hit M1 and pray. Survivor it's even worse. You have no kit other than perks.

• Wraff

Clearly we need to start a movement to get the Tiered Perk system removed permanently. A Crusader even