EDIT: Leatherface buff ideas cont.

IronWolf115
IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672
edited June 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

Ok, so I made a post about this a few days ago and people replied with some great feeedback. So after seeing it all and then playing more Leatherface more here are the two major buffs I think he needs

1. Moves at normal speed while revving the chainsaw
  2. Acceleration gets a big buff to, when he reaches full speed, make him equally or maybe even slightly faster than Billy ( Please see my acceleration notes below )

Edit: So after re-thinking on these buffs I think my original idea for number 2 was a little unbalanced. However I think LF needs something to help counter looping and I think this new suggestion would do that. This buff would also consequentally buff his chilli add-ons. These buffs I think would make LF MUCH better while still being able to be countered by survivor plays, and will make him that close range punisher that he absolutely could be.

In addition to these buffs I also thing Leatherface would benefit from an Ultra-Rare add-on. An idea I have for this, an add on that allows him to continuously swing the chainsaw without stopping until he chooses to. This mixed with a movement speed add-on would be devastating.

Finally, I would like to briefly talk about acceleration. I feel acceleration is a good idea that has been implemented poorly. If Leatherface has to build up speed with the chainsaw, ( unlike billy who has a set speed ) then doesn't it make more sense that when Leatherface reaches max acceleration, he moves faster than billy? After all he would only have this speed boost for about 2 seconds. I feel acceleration should be looked at, and if there is no way to make acceleration better then perhaps scrap acceleration in favor of a pure set speed.

Ok that wraps it up. I think Leatherface would be great with these changes so please, let me know what you think. And if a dev sees this please let me know if you would see this as a possibility in the future, LF is my favorite horror slasher and yet he is easily one of the worst killers in game so he really needs some buffs. Thanks for reading!

Post edited by IronWolf115 on

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

The 2nd buff would definitely be too strong, as the survivor is already quite stuck in animation while dropping the pallet.
    Tho, something along the lines of a faster speed while revving would be nice.

• IronWolf115
    edited June 2018

@Runiver said:
    The 2nd buff would definitely be too strong, as the survivor is already quite stuck in animation while dropping the pallet.

I understand what you mean, at the same time I feel that the nurse kind of already does this as she can just blink straight through a pallet so it is already kind of tried and tested. However if it does seem to be an issue then maybe he breaks through it and gets a small speed reduction for a second or two. BTW just so I am clear I still believe LF should still be stunned if the pallet is dropped correctly on him, forcing him out of his sprint.

Thanks for the feedback though!
    P.S. I definately think at the least he should move at full speed when revving his saw, after all it is kind of his gimmick in the movie

• Runiver

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

I understand what you mean, at the same time I feel that the nurse kind of already does this as she can just blink straight through a pallet so it is already kind of tried and tested. However if it does seem to be an issue then maybe he breaks through it and gets a small speed reduction for a second or two. BTW just so I am clear I still believe LF should still be stunned if the pallet is dropped correctly on him, forcing him out of his sprint.

Nurse is arguably broken in my opinion.
    She leaves very few room for survivor's skill (while other killers let WAY too much room for it.)

About the last part, it would make most experienced killers to just still stun, and he would destroy non experienced ones, which is not always that great of a solution.

What I'd like on him is an alternative power, such as : if you press M2 during his chainsaw rush, you suddendly dash forward over 10 meters, downing any survivor you hit, no AoE tho.
    That would give him a scare factor as well as some mindgames and funny plays in corridors.

• IronWolf115

@Runiver said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

She leaves very few room for survivor's skill (while other killers let WAY too much room for it.)

About the last part, it would make most experienced killers to just still stun, and he would destroy non experienced ones, which is not always that great of a solution.

What I'd like on him is an alternative power, such as : if you press M2 during his chainsaw rush, you suddendly dash forward over 10 meters, downing any survivor you hit, no AoE tho.
    That would give him a scare factor as well as some mindgames and funny plays in corridors.

Hmm you see I think nurse is in a great position personally ( especially considering the current balance state of the game ) because she is very difficult to learn but with an extreme payoff for doing so.

About the stun I am a little confused about what you mean, I think you mean that it would take experienced survivors to stun him which, to me, would be a good thing because he would still have that heavy counter play by good survivors. Perhaps an option with that then would be if you successfully stun him mid chainsaw sprint, he is stunned for longer?

And about a new sub ability for him, I like that idea. I think it would have to be created with some love and care for it to be good but yeah I like it. I mainly dont want them to abandon his current concept though, I like the idea of a viciously powerful up close killer which LF could be, it's just that they didnt design him anywhere near well enough to fulfill that role

Its good to have these differences of opinion though, it hopefully will help to get LF in a great position.

• Runiver

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

Hmm you see I think nurse is in a great position personally ( especially considering the current balance state of the game ) because she is very difficult to learn but with an extreme payoff for doing so.

About the stun I am a little confused about what you mean, I think you mean that it would take experienced survivors to stun him which, to me, would be a good thing because he would still have that heavy counter play by good survivors. Perhaps an option with that then would be if you successfully stun him mid chainsaw sprint, he is stunned for longer?

And about a new sub ability for him, I like that idea. I think it would have to be created with some love and care for it to be good but yeah I like it. I mainly dont want them to abandon his current concept though, I like the idea of a viciously powerful up close killer which LF could be, it's just that they didnt design him anywhere near well enough to fulfill that role

Its good to have these differences of opinion though, it hopefully will help to get LF in a great position.

Well, this is not a Nurse thread, but I'll give my quick opinion about her :
    Imo, Nurse is indeed pretty hard to master. But she clearly shouldn't be AS REWARDING as she is now. A character being hard to play should allow more possibilities, not more strength. And when it comes to nurse, playing her better just make her way more destructive, rather than more versatile or anything, so it's not very interesting at least to me.

I just meant that only new survivors will have trouble about stunning him mid chainsaw rush, which will allow him to easily destroy new players and still have average to hard times against great players, tho, overall, I still consider that change to be too strong.

• IronWolf115

@Runiver said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

Imo, Nurse is indeed pretty hard to master. But she clearly shouldn't be AS REWARDING as she is now. A character being hard to play should allow more possibilities, not more strength. And when it comes to nurse, playing her better just make her way more destructive, rather than more versatile or anything, so it's not very interesting at least to me.

I just meant that only new survivors will have trouble about stunning him mid chainsaw rush, which will allow him to easily destroy new players and still have average to hard times against great players, tho, overall, I still consider that change to be too strong.

Well, ultimately I make this just to try and give the devs some ideas and community feedback from those ideas, and then let them decide how to handle it. Its just right now, Leatherface is undeniably a VERY weak killer for what he is meant to do and it feels right now that there is no reason whatsoever to play him over Billy. Either way we will just have to see what the future holds for him. I'm hoping they will look deeply into him after they address Freddy and Wraith

• Runiver

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

Well, ultimately I make this just to try and give the devs some ideas and community feedback from those ideas, and then let them decide how to handle it. Its just right now, Leatherface is undeniably a VERY weak killer for what he is meant to do and it feels right now that there is no reason whatsoever to play him over Billy. Either way we will just have to see what the future holds for him. I'm hoping they will look deeply into him after they address Freddy and Wraith

You're obviously right to voice your opinion.
    Don't hesitate, I wouldn't mind seeing that guy getting some buffs tbh, since, as you stated, he's very weka and truly needs some love, as well as some more gimmicks to play with, which would give him more possibilities.

• IronWolf115

@Runiver said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

You're obviously right to voice your opinion.
    Don't hesitate, I wouldn't mind seeing that guy getting some buffs tbh, since, as you stated, he's very weka and truly needs some love, as well as some more gimmicks to play with, which would give him more possibilities.

Yeah thats exactly it. But I really appreciate constructive criticisms like yours. That really is how we achieve proper balance!

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

He definitely needs more to do around loops, he's pathetic around them as he currently is. So I definitely support 1. 2 is interesting but could really easily be too good, so I'm hesitant to support that one.

The only thing this fat, screaming oaf has over Hillbilly is the ability to down multiple people in one charge... but the ONLY time this ever happens is directly at hooks, hence all the camping Leatherfaces. He's just in a sad state, especially since he's been plagued with a brutal bug since his launch.

Maybe something could be done with his tantrum, one of his only unique qualities? Idk. He basically just needs more uses of his power other than hugging someone's back away from any vaults/pallets for enough time to down them.

• IronWolf115

@ASpazNamedSteve said:
    He definitely needs more to do around loops, he's pathetic around them as he currently is. So I definitely support 1. 2 is interesting but could really easily be too good, so I'm hesitant to support that one.

The only thing this fat, screaming oaf has over Hillbilly is the ability to down multiple people in one charge... but the ONLY time this ever happens is directly at hooks, hence all the camping Leatherfaces. He's just in a sad state, especially since he's been plagued with a brutal bug since his launch.

Maybe something could be done with his tantrum, one of his only unique qualities? Idk. He basically just needs more uses of his power other than hugging someone's back away from any vaults/pallets for enough time to down them.

Yes No. 1 is the buff im really aiming for, and 2 is more of an idea to play around with. LF is just far to weak on offence, hes not too bad at defence ( camping the basement lol ) but yeah I just don't see what his place is in the game right now but if they did some major buffs, he could be a VERY fierce close range killer with great payoff for chasing down survivors.

• Leatherbilly
    Leatherbilly Member Posts: 384
    edited June 2018

The first one would allow for mind games, both to fake rev and to actually rev and force a drop.

Considering he'd still get a speed boost when swinging, he would effectively surpass Hillbilly in close range lethality, and would allow him to mind game slightly better at loops.

• IronWolf115

@Leatherbilly said:
    The first one would allow for mind games, both to fake rev and to actually rev and force a drop.

Considering he'd still get a speed boost when swinging, he would effectively surpass Hillbilly in close range lethality, and would allow him to mind game slightly better at loops.

Yes I feel that most killers dont get slowed too much for using their ability so for me it makes sense for leatherface not to either. I think that as I say his acceleration is a good idea it's just that the way it has been implemented is not good. I feel that LF should move fasted than Billy at max acceleration ( or at least as fast ) this also would be a huge buff to his chilli add-ons making them far more effective because he would reach that max speed quicker.

• Leatherbilly
    Leatherbilly Member Posts: 384
    edited June 2018

We'll lose Tinkerer soon, really hope we get something soon. Leatherface will have endured 4 indirect nerfs now since release.

1. Emblem system punishes defensive play, LF's sole reason to exist
    2. Emblem system gives one hit worth of Malicious to chainsaw instant downs
    3. Emblem system gives one hit worth of Chaser to chainsaw instant downs
    4. Tinkerer will no longer help him in any capacity post-rework
  • M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Im all for a good killer buff, but I think both of these are too powerful
  • IronWolf115

@M2Fream said:
    Im all for a good killer buff, but I think both of these are too powerful

Sorry but I have to disagree, I think something along these lines would be very beneficial to LF but there would still be reasons to pick billy, huntress, nurse etc. over him. The movement speed whilst revving the chainsaw would only come in to effect when he has closed the distance on a survivor, which all he can do is run at them unlike Billy who has an extremely fast chainsaw sprint to close the distance. And the acceleration buff would only give him a large amount of speed for about 2 seconds without the chilli add-ons so he would still be able to be looped but it would be harder ( which is what he needs )

• IronWolf115
    edited June 2018

@Leatherbilly said:
    We'll lose Tinkerer soon, really hope we get something soon. Leatherface will have endured 4 indirect nerfs now since release.

1. Emblem system punishes defensive play, LF's sole reason to exist
    2. Emblem system gives one hit worth of Malicious to chainsaw instant downs
    3. Emblem system gives one hit worth of Chaser to chainsaw instant downs
    4. Tinkerer will no longer help him in any capacity post-rework

I agree. I really want them to make LF into a really good close range punisher, that way there would be things that LF would be better at ( such as looping and downing at close range ) and there would be things billy is better at ( such as generator pressure ).

As a side note Billy would obviously still be great at downing people at close range, it is just that LF would be better around loops.

• IronWolf115

@SaltyKiller said:
    I'm for regular movement while revving which will let him mind game at pallet loop spots.

I was thinking of something that would help him and make him stand out more from Billy:

When you unleash the Saw, they down a pallet right as you're under it, he always destroys it and keeps his momentum. Maybe he's slowed down a tiny bit out of fairness but it would really differentiate him from Billy. And Survivor's can't complain because it'll be like facing Huntress at a pallet; just throw it down and move on if you don't want to get hit.

Nice man thanks for the feedback and I completely agree with those ideas!