The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Queue times

So queue times are really jacked up right now and i was wondering is anything gonna be done before the event starts because this is not a good start to the event if queue times are gonna be long.

Comments

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    Killer? Solo survivos? SWF? Specifics please because my solo survivor cue times on PS4 are pretty fast. 
  • MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    edited October 2018

Killer. purple ranks pc.

• TheShowtime7
    TheShowtime7 Member Posts: 22
    That’s what happens when you killers complain all the time about everything. So many people quit playing, twitch dbd players also went down about 5k players or more from viewing also. 
  • MonsterInMyMind
    edited October 2018

@TheShowtime7 said:
    That’s what happens when you killers complain all the time about everything. So many people quit playing, twitch dbd players also went down about 5k players or more from viewing also. 

I Highly doubt that has anything to do with the queue times its probably something on behaviors end just like last time it was also as far as your statement goes not every killer complains so instead of putting us all into a group why dont you just keep that in mind next time you feel the need to make a statement like that. :)

Also show me where people quit playing because this claims different https://steamcharts.com/app/381210

• TheShowtime7
    Its the truth tho, usually on twitch you have about 20k people on dbd for viewing and today was only about 10k 
  • Zaram
    Zaram Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2018

Just because you don't play survivor anymore, doesn't mean you left the game.
    Killer want longer queue times they got longer queue times :)

• MonsterInMyMind

@TheShowtime7 said:
    Its the truth tho, usually on twitch you have about 20k people on dbd for viewing and today was only about 10k 

You are basing things off twitch that means nothing there are other games doing events right now you cant base that off people not watching the game you also have to include maybe there favorite streamer is not streaming so many factors come into play there steam charts has not showed a loss anyway that has nothing to do with the post so moving on

• TheShowtime7
    Ok dude, all that is connected on how many people are actually playing the game or not. People view games they play, I’m not gonna watch a cod stream if I don’t play cod. People are getting upset about all the complaining the killers do all the time. Even in the steam forums. I don’t want this game to die I love playing dbd, so I’m worried about these long wait times also, been notincing it myself all day today also.
  • MonsterInMyMind
    edited October 2018

@TheShowtime7 said:
    Ok dude, all that is connected on how many people are actually playing the game or not. People view games they play, I’m not gonna watch a cod stream if I don’t play cod. People are getting upset about all the complaining the killers do all the time. Even in the steam forums. I don’t want this game to die I love playing dbd, so I’m worried about these long wait times also, been notincing it myself all day today also.

Again if there was a loss in the playerbase steam charts would show it unless it was like a 1% loss then probably not gonna display that but anyway moving forward dbd is not dying so many people like to think it is and thats why i like to post steam charts because once again it proves a point the game is not dying by any means its actually growing now does that mean everyone is gonna like this patch no it does not does that mean everything this patch will not change in the future no but at the end of the day its not a players are not playing issue this happened last event right around the same time it could be the servers having issues just like last time.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

Yeah BHVR messed up the lobbies again.

But we should take a break from DBD after rank reset anyway, so it kinda fits

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    @Hexyl I mean, you could always play survivor. https://youtu.be/b72qO6fFI-Q
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Hexyl said:
    So queue times are really jacked up right now and i was wondering is anything gonna be done before the event starts because this is not a good start to the event if queue times are gonna be long.

I don't recall the last time queues worked properly for killers.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited October 2018

@TheShowtime7 said:

Well yeah, of course they quit playing.
    They loved being the power role.
    Now that the role is assigned to the correct person, the Killer, so many are just disliking Survivor.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited October 2018

@TheShowtime7 said:

You also have some streamers broadcasting the new CoD game instead of DBD. Why? Because the CoD game is the new AAA kid on the block, and they're likely testing whether or not their viewership will increase while broadcasting it.

Like him or not (I don't personally care about him either way), but while scanning Twitch streamers the past two days, I notice that AngryPug has been doing more CoD than DBD, and he's 2k+ viewers right there. There was another one that usually busts close to 2k for DBD that was also doing CoD, but I forget his name off hand. They did stream some DBD as well, but it wasn't as long as usual.

Meanwhile, the steam charts are holding steady. So, yes, there are less people watching DBD right now, and at least one or two of the "big streamers" for DBD are testing out CoD broadcasts and taking their viewers there, but as for people playing on PC, steam shows no such drop in active players.

It simply looks like BHVR screwed up lobbies again. Last night Matt Cote streamed, and even he couldn't get his Killer lobby to pop. I'm sure it was a bit embarrassing.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

@TheShowtime7 said:

This is a false statement.

People watch streams of games they don't play all the time. And how can you argue that less people are playing DBD based on Twitch views and not the ACTUAL numbers provided by Steam.

Its like, are we in a crazy world when playing isn't playing but viewing is?

• Mediva
    Mediva Member Posts: 124

Killers said it yourself, its now fun to be a killer. So survivors switched to killer too...but how many killer mains are playing survivor right now? :P

• MonsterInMyMind

@Peasant said:
    @Hexyl I mean, you could always play survivor. 

Believe it or not i did at one point play survivor and i got really bored of that side of gameplay played it up to red ranks.

• ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403

It seems to be more of a problem on PC than console. I have not had any issues on XBox, but all the PC streamers I watch are having a hard time with lobby wait times as killer too.