If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

As a Killer Main...

Options
Wraff
Wraff Member Posts: 133

Why does the Urban Immersion Claudette who just sat around Holding M1 on a Generator's all game. Get more points then the Survivor who actually interacts and runs around the with the Killer?

Shouldnt it be High Risk = High Reward?

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Wraff said:
    Why does the Urban Immersion Claudette who just sat around Holding M1 on a Generator's all game. Get more points then the Survivor who actually interacts and runs around the with the Killer?

Because more gens equals more points and I've got a P3 Claudette I don't play much but i'm stealthy since i suck at looping. So because i suck at looping and most killers get pissed by looping i just hold M1 on gens and do totems.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

@Wraff said:

Because she is doing the objective (gen) and the survivors runing at the killer "interacting" with him, will max out the 8k of that category and dont get anything else until they die

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Options
    You have to be really good at running the killer around to make your bp that way.

Ive had 2 games in 2 days with some obsessed billys chasing me entire game. Went through every pallet, escaped both times.

Unfortunately, i received more points for maxxing out bold and survival then the others that just got to do gens.

I think the game is more geared towards short chases alternating survivors. Tunneling kills points for everyone.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    What?

If I spend all game doing the gens I seem to get less points that those who get chased and unhook all game.

Besides, since when did Urban evasion claudettes do gens? They normally raid chests, do 1 gen, and then just hide for the hatch spawn.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Because doing gens is way more important than kiting a killer. 

Don't get me wrong, a good decoy is important, but a good decoy alone won't get 4 people through the gate. It requires gens being done.
    Gens are the objective. 

It's criminal if the gen workers don't get a shitton of points.
  • Mediva
    Mediva Member Posts: 124
    Options

Well, as an urban immersed claudette that does gens, i can say that most of the times, when i get caught by killer, my teammates are already dead by running around like idiots. And those idiots who just go around teagbag killer, do rush unhooks, still get more points....

So i dont know what games you have been playing, but playing as an idiot is definetly more rewarding then just do gens solo.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,905
    Options
    Because they’re the smart player actually getting the objectives done and not looping you around. Would you rather chase a Nea with bright neon pink hair or a P3 Claudette who is gonna go invisible through the cornfields? It’s a no brainer. Why do killers get mad when they can’t find ONE survivor yet the STILL get mad and tunnel the one Nea that has looped them for four gens then blame it on the Claudette who was doing the gens when you could’ve easily been patrolling gens? Not calling you out in particular but it’s a pretty common occurrence. 

Objectives and boldness and the other two emblems all max out at 8K so if the survivor is tunneled for five gens and the Claudette did all five gens they’ll get the same amount of points except the gen jockey will probably get more points since they were able to do more like break totems, interact with other survivors, and sabo hooks while the tunneled survivor will only get those 8K in boldness.
  • darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

@Wraff said:

Well the one getting chased is getting evader, maybe, but risking unbroken and obviously not getting any lightbringer. When they are downed and put on the hook - it's not them who will be getting altruism either. So yeah, interacting with the killer sucks for points - a looping god could probably do okay with pallet slams and boldness, but even then. That is apparently what the devs want.

• Itq
    Itq Member Posts: 29
    edited October 2018
    Options

Because point cap of categories. If killer goes after one person whole game he/she gets only 8k max boldness points.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 884
    Options

I play Claudette on rotation with Feng and Nea, and I'm neither immersed or afk on gens. I'm not an expert looper but I do get chased and with some killers I can run them for a good piece. Most people on gens will actually do other things that someone getting chased can't do, like hook rescues, totems, healing others, and opening gates. You also get bold points for coming close to the killer but not actually entering chase. I think killers complain about AFKing on gens, and I would probably too if I mained killers, because as long as there is someone on the gen the game is never slowed down, time is ticking while you chase. Every team I played where everyone was running around, immersed in the grass, or running at the hook for a rescue, we lost.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited October 2018
    Options

The survivors who get the most points are not the evaders or the gen jockeys its the altruistic people as the point gains are massive, this is even discounting WGLF. It also easier to rank up via altruism. One hook save plus heal is almost iridescent on benevolence.