The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DBD Developers favor PC

alextheedandelion
alextheedandelion Member Posts: 11
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

Clearly it's been a difficult time for console gamers to play on this multi-platform game. With the new chapter released a myriad of problems arose as well for console gamers especially, or maybe it's just me? I guess I'm feeling petty because lately lag on console has been so bad that I can only stand to play a few games at a time before logging off out of frustration. I'm not a marathon player like most TTV players on this game... I'm just a simple come home from work turn on the game and play a few matches before bed kind of gamer.... DO BETTER DBD developers. I seriously don't even want to play anymore. I might just delete the game. WASTE OF MONEY.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• alextheedandelion

That's actually a REALLY good point. :(

• Nullclines
    Nullclines Member Posts: 232

Plus they can only have the PTB on PC, so if an issue is console-only they won't be able to learn about it beforehand.

But this just explains WHY console gets the short end of the stick; hearing the reasons why doesn't make the game any more playable right now.

• alextheedandelion

True Nullclines.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

I wouldn't say they favor PC, i'd say they have no clue how to make a console game instead. PC has better performance and that's it, it has all the same problems otherwise, lack of graphical options, lack of Balance, etc,etc. Most people don't even use Medium High or Ultra settings either, they use Low settings cause the game isn't optimized for PC either. This isn't a PC vs Console thing, this is a BHVR not doing their job and sucking at doing their job thing.

• alextheedandelion

Holy moly lemonsway... I was trying to be nice, but then there is this...

• alextheedandelion

yeah its really bad at this point and OBVIOUS

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I mean the game was originally developed on PC and that's all it was ever planned to be on so of course they know PC better.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Another reason is that PC spends more money on games than all consoles combined (according to Wikipedia and at least as far as 2018).

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,424

Well, so does any game developer.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Yes, the game wasn't a spaghetti cluster ######### until they started porting it to console. 🙄

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

Obviously they don't even try to run new updates on last gen consoles, because from what I hear the game is now basically unplayable on ps4.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Btw, you may be unfamiliar with the forums so just saying: If you want to respond to someone then you can use the 'quote' thing under a comment to directly respond to it. Alternatively, you could ping them, like this @alextheedandelion

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Pretty much every dev favours pc but you really feel the contempt with bhvr.

When I was on console and filling in any of those feedback surveys I put PS4 -and- PC just so it wouldn't auto-shred

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,201

Can console performance be better? Absolutely. But in the case of last gen consoles, the hardware is 10 years old. I'd probably get similar performance on a PC with 10 year old hardware.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

to be fair console is the main reason PC versions of the game get butchered

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

No they don't, this game runs like absolute shite on PC as well. A more accurate statement would be that they favour the rich, because it's only remotely stable on extremely expensive hardware.