The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer mains are really being this toxic right now?

2»

Comments

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

"Often removes us from the game" yeah thats literally what im supposed to do. Deal with it

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Because most of them are unable to play properly on PS4 or XBONE. The performance issues are making chases extremely difficult for them. So yeah, once they miraculously achieve a hook, they’re gonna camp. They want other survivors to come to THEM. Once they can chase properly again, things like this should be reduced.

• Edgars_Raven

Just had another 2 escape with a key. 2 games out of 5. Left jill all aline this time. But talk to me more about kilker toxicity 😂

• Foodnt
    Foodnt Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2021

getting robbed from a hit because of wierd hitboxes/invisible walls , bugs (like the slippery blight) broken grabs and the survivor proceed to click or tbag because of that, are the thing wich leads me to playing dirty. i dont care about keys i can use franklin- oh wait.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

Yea you're supposed to be able to have more fun than I do in the game... got it. So yea don't get mad when someone runs you for 5 gens and flick a flashlight in your face at every pallet drop for tunneling down the first survivor. They're probably doing it because you did something toxic first. This community getting better starts with the community. It really needs to start with killers playing in a fair and sportsmanlike manner then you'll probably see a lot less toxic survivors.

• KateMain86

Ever considered they're probably just super excited they evaded a hit and reacted in the moment? You on the other hand don't have to camp or tunnel.

• zestros
    zestros Member Posts: 18

Are you aware of the frame drop issue atm?

It makes you wanna face camp.

Right now I'd be happy I even found a killer to play with.

• KateMain86

Matches like this are going to happen. They are not the majority experience. Camping, tunneling and slugging killers though sure does seem to be the majority experience for many survivors.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I've had just a god-awful night. The lag spikes have gotten worse instead of better so no matter what I do it just takes more time survivor's are taking full advantage of it. Just used 2 cakes on Ghostface and not a single Survivor in either game played a cake. If I was getting a good amount of blood points the lag spikes will be this a little more tolerable but I feel like I'm battling the game and the survivors if im near a Survivor I get a lag Spike if I use my power I get a lag Spike if someone unhooks I get a lag Spike. And to make things even worse these bots arent using cakes.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,270

In the last six months of playing, I probably only face 2 face camping bubbi bois. Everyone else that played bubbi played as if they were a tornado with saws flying about, zooming all over the map.

I don't consider camping after gens powered to be the camping that people complain about, if so, maybe a handful did that.

• Edgars_Raven

I dont. And people dont run me for 5 gens anymore, im not new to this 😂

go back 3 years ago, killers were playing nice. "Toxicity" started with survivors. Everyone knows this go ask someone that was playing 5 years ago. Its not "mean" or "toxic" for me to play my objective. Its not my respinsibility to make sure youre having fun.

• Edgars_Raven

Keys arent the only thing "toxic" that survivors do. Stop pretending it is. Every single game i see you doing something to finish the game quickly in a way some would consider toxic.

If you can i can ;)

• chargernick85

That's another good point I'm trying to get Obsession hook so I'm running Obsession builds and I'm just getting plowed through and the worst part is it ain't even because of the survivors don't get me wrong I did play one a****** Squad but for the most part it's the game beating me. My two friends wouldn't even load up the game today because of the condition it's in I'm not going to lie it's hard to play right now.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

For some Survivors, a 'toxic killer' is one who does not give a free escape, or dares to spend 0.5 seconds next to a hooked Survivor, or does not give away free unhooks, or kicks gens, or plays any hated Killer...The list really goes on.

Ah yes, the classic Survivor excuse 'If a Survivor was toxic, you probably deserved it'. Because Survivors can do no wrong, and everything is a Killer's fault, so sayeth the Survivor's Handbook 2nd Ed.

Why do Survivors still think 'Killers killed me' is somehow toxic? This is our goal. We're not here to ask you if you had enough fun.

It's like the DBD community, by large, has 0 clue how PvP games work. 'That Killer removed me from the game before I felt like I played enough! HOW TOXIC!'

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Yeah, we both know that is a load of bullshit. The exact same thing happened last year.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,133

100k per match?!? Who's burning cakes? Usually I get 8k and the survivors escape and get 12k. Thank god Nemesis has zombies to make sure he gets points. And they glow white behind obstacles, so I can triangulate their position, unlike survivors, whom I can't see at all on Switch. Zombie-killer Nemesis is DbD's best game mode ever.

I envy everyone able to participate in matches. I'd just like to be able to see enough to have a couple chases, maybe even get a hit. Eh, but a hit would require a miracle, I'll settle for chase BP.

Wow, there are killers who can see survivors and even put them on hooks. I have forgotten what that's like. As far as I can see, I am utterly alone on these maps except for the zombies. They are what I hunt, now.

• chargernick85

That is just sad. I'm on Xbox I can see at least but that's about all massive lag spikes anything else. I wonder if just seeing a black screen and wandering around would piss me off more or less because losing a Survivor and a Chase because of the condition of the game is frustrating, getting to a gen a few seconds late because you spiked on your way there and warped into a wall is frustrating, and heaven forbid you activate your power all you get as a middle finger from dead by daylight.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Why are you people torturing yourself? I feel sorry for you guys honestly. I mean I love the game myself but I can't play it in this current state. It is just torture for last gen.

• Foodnt
    edited June 2021

imagine you get fatshamed as killer and the survivor on the other side tbags or clicks with the flashlight. yeah surley they are exited to get away and they start to rub that in your face with that tbag or or flashlight clicks. sounds nice huh?

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

Same as tunnelling from killers then. One uninjured survivor unhooking an injured one. Why go after the uninjured one? The same as not going looking for another gen. Or what if the unhooker is nowhere to be seen. Do we leave the just unhooked one and go looking elsewhere. Just kicked gens+just unhooked survivors=the same thing... Tunnelling, no matter if it's survivor side or killer.

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433

Yep. They’re peak level entitled. It’s horrible. I thought maybe they’d be more fun since it’s an event but nope. I’ve had really bad rounds too.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited June 2021

I just watched a streamer get t repeated group after group of the sweatiest survivors using Ormund offerings and such before ending it because of that. You don't even get the opportunity to play nice in that situation. People who are dicks are always going to be dicks, an event isn't going to just automatically make a toxic community nice. I've had 4-5 cake stacks and ran into some of the sweatiest squads that had zero intention of being "nice" to me. Pretty ignorant to think an event is suddenly going to make a camper not a camper lol

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

I dunno, I've seen pretty much the polar opposite. I try to go for 12 hooks unless I literally can't find someone else to down first, and when they decide to butt-dance and macro-click at lightspeed at me for no reason whatsoever...

Doesn't exactly seem like it's a Killer-instigated issue.

• KateMain86

Imagine having a rare item with addons and a really good BP offering and the killer tunnels you down and you get eliminated before you even get enough points to pay for the items and offering you played. Sounds nice huh?

• TragicSolitude

Not being able to see because the maps are so dark sucks. Chases are impossible as both survivor and killer. But, I think the lag spikes and frame drops I experienced on PS4 were more frustrating because I'd lose chases I should've won. On Switch, I don't feel like the game took away my win; instead, I have more of a defeatist attitude, I know better than to get invested in what's going on in the match.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

Rofl. The fact that you're calling others entitled while your entire post history is how OP Killers are, and how Killers trying for 4Ks are evil. And how Killers trying to win are ruining the game.

It's as if you think you're...What's the word? Oh yes; 'entitled' to an escape. Huh. 🤔

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

Back then everyone played on a specific server with steam and had a code. The community is far to evolved now that code is long gone but people still think its a thing.

• Foodnt

action----- reaction : if you start the be a mean person so do i. thats it . i dont care if you used a bp offering. you play ######### i play #########

• Edgars_Raven

100%. Rules for thee but not for me. Its fine for them rush their objectives, but God forbid killers do. F that 😂

• TragicSolitude

At least on Switch I can "play" while watching TV. PS4 isn't as good for that, because even though I can play remotely on my PC the console fans are too loud with DbD.

The Switch account is new and needs BP so I can get decent perks on a survivor for when my friend and I can legit play together. I know perks aren't required, but we need to be able to throw pebbles at each other. We need it.

God I hope this stuff gets fixed. The performance getting worse with each update makes me uneasy.

• CaenumPlays_
    CaenumPlays_ Member Posts: 45

Yeah it’s been terrible as Survivor, just like every other event. Literal face campers everywhere in red ranks.

Had the same facecamping, ruin, undying, pop, mangled speed boost add-on Wraith 3 times in 90 minutes earlier. First 2 games no one got more than 18K points apart from them and the third game they 4 man slugged after 2 gens got done so I just dc’d.

Another match a Slinger hard camped from the start resulting in the survivor dcing. I got slugged at the end after he closed the hatch and he proceeded to shoot me on the floor until I bled out.

Played for 8 hours. Haven’t seen any survivors with keys. Killers 4K’d at least 80% of the time because Survivors try to get at least some points from the cakes by saving facecamped, tunnelled teammates instead of it being an M1 simulator and it all goes downhill. Even had 2-3 ebony moris.

Haven’t seen any gen rushing or bming from survivors. No keys like I said. No comp teams. But all apart from maybe 5-6 games have been the most miserable experience i’ve had in this game since twins got released.

I’ve got Jill to P2 level 50 and as soon as I have 1 million BP i’ll level her up and i’m done for a week. Not even considering attempting for the crowns, as if Killers need more of an excuse to facecamp.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited July 2021

Couldn't the deathslinger standing over you and letting you bleed out be seen as taking the match hostage as he could end it by hooking you? Its not like he slugged, went to find someone else then couldn't find the survivor on the floor again. It should be reported as taking the game hostage if it happens again.

I've definitely seen gen rushing in some of my matches today lol.

• CaenumPlays_
    CaenumPlays_ Member Posts: 45

No because you eventually bleedout. It is what it is, but it just makes me not want to waste my time playing. Checked their steam profile after and they already had comments from today saying they were facecamping and slugging people until bleedout as well as about 15 pages of negative comments.

• Relix
    Relix Member Posts: 9

yes, when survs brings key or do click click with flashlight. Wanna do that? No problem, facecamp at first hook, doesnt even care about loosing the game since i dont care about pips and rank anymore.