We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

un even for survivors now

Options

It's plain and simple the new patchs have made it damn near impossible for the survivors now. The gens are right next to hooks and the times are almost doubled for repair and healing someone. There are,and I mean are more hooks it seems like. They are so close ya can't even get to half way when wiggling free. It needs to be more even with gens. I have prestiged several survivor characters and can play pretty well. But it's now uneven. The killers are always going to be stronger and faster so some things need to be changed. I have seen more killers kill everybody in more games now than ever before with these new fixes. it's a joke now to be a survivor.

Comments

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

Whats the problem with gens next to hooks? I dont see it.

Repair and healing times have doubled? DId I miss somethign?

Oh I see, a "3 post guy", no need to continue reading

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    edited October 2018
    Options

-Hook placement is fine, why would it matter if they're beside a gen?
    -Repair time wasn't touched
    -Heal time was increased by 4 seconds. Not even close to doubled

You know what else was changed?

-Slugging was made more required with the sabotage buff, but also made less viable due to the faster and higher recovery/drive by heal buff.
    -Alert became insane giving mapwide aura reading, 0 cooldown, only requiring the killer do something they're doing nearly constantly (breaking pallets or gens).
    -Leader/vigil/streetwise buff is decent (nothing astounding though, still great for people like me that love leader)
    -flashlights made more intuitive so you no longer need to learn where on each killer to aim due to the wonky blindspots
    -Hooks now at least 20m apart, so no more being hooked directly infront of your friend
    -Camping now punishes the killer (emblems) as survivors have been begging for forever

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

@RuneStarr said:

-Slugging was made more required with the sabotage buff, but also made less viable due to the faster and higher recovery/drive by heal buff.
    -Alert became insane giving mapwide aura reading, 0 cooldown, only requiring the killer do something they're doing nearly constantly (breaking pallets or gens).
    -Leader/vigil/streetwise buff is decent (nothing astounding though, still great for people like me that love leader)
    -flashlights made more intuitive so you no longer need to learn where on each killer to aim due to the wonky blindspots
    -Hooks now at least 20m apart, so no more being hooked directly infront of your friend
    -Camping now punishes the killer (emblems) as survivors have been begging for forever

But I die every time the killer kills me.
    How is that fair...... :smile:

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options

There are,and I mean are more hooks it seems like. They are so close ya can't even get to half way when wiggling free. 

Lmfao.

It hasn't stopped survivors running to areas with no hooks ans getting a 35% d-strike at all.
  • AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331
    Options

I love the OPs username. So is that like a self-hunting thing or what? Survivors are still the easier group to play and win as. I'm pretty even in my play time as killer and survivor and with the patch, I've managed to escape roughly 50% of the time.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

"Then gens are right next to hooks." Yeah, but don't you actually fear the monster in this horror game and run away from the monster and by extension, that hook?
    "doubled repair and heal times" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjUACaUOxWE
    Your precious repair times haven't been touched and healing was increased by a whopping 4 seconds, 8 for Self-Care. If that little change is hurting you, then you weren't healing in the right spot anyway. "Git gud"
    "They're so close you can't wiggle free" They actually made hooks spawn a minimum distance apart so if hooks are sabotaged it has more significance. Try breaking hooks or 99% them then snap them in a chase.
    "The Killers are always going to be stronger" it's an asymmetrical game, the team of one is supposed to be OP, that way the team of 4 HAS to use teamwork to win. That's the way the genre was made.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    Options

@noobhunterr said:
    It's plain and simple the new patchs have made it damn near impossible for the survivors now. The gens are right next to hooks and the times are almost doubled for repair and healing someone. There are,and I mean are more hooks it seems like. They are so close ya can't even get to half way when wiggling free. It needs to be more even with gens. I have prestiged several survivor characters and can play pretty well. But it's now uneven. The killers are always going to be stronger and faster so some things need to be changed. I have seen more killers kill everybody in more games now than ever before with these new fixes. it's a joke now to be a survivor.

Its a joke to still see this

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

well back in the day didnt they increase the time to repair i thought i read that somewhere

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@RuneStarr said:

But I die every time the killer kills me.
    How is that fair...... :smile:

Who died is dead, indeed.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,168
    Options
    The game isn't suppose to be even. Killer is power role and survivors need teamwork to out play him. If your dying all the time, you need to change your style and up your stealth. Recklessness gets the hook.
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,905
    Options

Sure the extra time on healing can be an annoyance especially when you can’t find teammates (or they don’t wanna heal you) or the killer has Sloppy Butcher but it’s not that big of a deal. There were other changes in the patch that affect both killers and survivors.