Devs Rules

quazzi76
quazzi76 Member Posts: 77

If the devs say targeting - (camping, tunneling, etc) is acceptable; then there needs to be away for survivors to leave match that they deem toxic. Tunneling or camping is "UNSPORTSMANLIKE" conduct in my book. Four people on the board and you choose one or two only, that is targeting. All dictionaries will say the exact same thing. Just as killers should get to decide if they want a group of swf that are toxic or YouTubers. There are rules that undercut thee exact rules they put up. Change it. I before e except after c garbage.

Comments

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

This is like saying that because the developers of call of duty say snipers are acceptable you should be able to play only on games where snipers are disabled.

Like, no man, its part of the game.

• TurtleSushiTV
    TurtleSushiTV Member Posts: 156

Just don't worry about it, Load up new game get on with it. That's how I deal with it

• quazzi76

Don't play it. Others will say use perks to counter. Okay so if that is the case why have all the perks that are available? If you are being camped one could use borrowed time and decisive strike. The devs are allowing it so you have to run them. Forcing you to use perks you don't want to use: play this way or you will have a poor experience.

• quazzi76

Case in point: just played a match against a Wraith Killer. For whatever reason the killer targeted a survivor Ash right out the door. In terms of the rules set by the "DEVS" he was Griefed the entire game. Hooked, taken down, tracked taken down. I saw him being targeted. Was running borrowed time and got him down. He was chased again, hit, chased hit and downed. Then left on the ground. We would get him up then and the killer would target him again. Geez isn't that in the rule not to target or cause grief. Hmmm seems to be a double standard???

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,978

No that's not being targeted in that sense - what we mean by targeted harassment is being targeted over the course of several games by the same person.

Camping & tunneling are part of the game, nothing reportable and this also doesn't fall under "unsportsmanlike behaviour" but DC'ing certainly does fall under that category.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943
    edited July 2021

camping and tunneling is a part of the game and so is swf 

• quazzi76

Please look up the definition of targeting please. When you look up the definition get back to me, thank you.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,706

We already explained you multiple times that Camping and Tunneling are not breaking any rule, there's nothing more we can add to this.

Please refer to the game rules, in all their parts, when you have doubts in regards of what is reportable or not: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

And as you can see from that post:

The rules are not going to change because you interpret them incorrectly.

This discussion has been closed.