Turning off crossplay on console

sumps1
sumps1 Member Posts: 66

Decided to wait out the queue times on Xbox which weren’t as long as I was expecting. Thought I’d have a slightly better experience against people in the same boat as me lag wise.

Boy was I wrong. Back to back rank 1 try hard killers when all the survivors are green or purple. It was also somehow a more laggy experience…

Turning off crossplay might be better for killer, but as a survivor I’ve had an absolute nightmare (and there wasn’t even a Freddy in sight).

I now give up with the event from the survivor side, it’s not worth the torture for a console player & I’m going back on crossplay.

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Honestly worth the upvote just for the Freddy pun

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,212

Problem with turning off crossplay on console is that you cut yourself off from the other half of console players on PS4/5 (or Xbox vice versa).

You're cutting your player pool down to about a quarter of what it was.

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600

Honestly, I've done that a long time ago. Surprisingly, with the advent of crossplay, disabling it resulted in faster queue times than before crossplay was a thing. Sure, enabling it should be bound to make them even faster. But I'd rather be matched against people who suffer my same inconsistencies and issues than against someone with better performances. And finding matches as killer, on PS4, is pretty fast even without crossplay. As a survivor, it takes somewhat longer, but is still bearable.

• sumps1
    sumps1 Member Posts: 66

I was willing to take that hit with lessening the player pool considerably for what I’d hoped for was better quality games. I wasn’t expecting worse lag with a lower ping

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

PS4 here on SA servers, playing at late evenings. If I turn off my crossplay I just get matched with the same 10 sweaty SWFs, I already faced every single one of them and remember their names, but they aren't even enjoyable to go against. The queues are somehow fast because there are like 5 other killer players with cross off.