Field of view

Why is field of view not a setting option? Why are perks like shadowborne the only way to adjust this?

Comments

• Soulpaw
    Soulpaw Member Posts: 290

balancing reasons i guess. its dumb tho.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

shadowborn should be base and shadowborn should do what tinkerer does and tinkerer should do something like what the one Ace perk that enhances the aura perks..

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Because BHVR is stubborn on keeping their "innovative" perk even though by all rights its should be a setting. Shadowborn is a dumb perk and if it was as strong as people say it is then it would be way more popular then it is.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

Because people getting motion sick from a low FOV is not a large enough concern.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Who wants a small FoV?

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Why they have to add a FoV slider when everyone would just use the maximum option?

FoV from the very beginning is for game balance.

Its just Shadowborne is too weak and not worth a perk slot. I would have the perk increase sight to 110 degree from 105, and grant ability to see Survivors in grow aura like Freddy, make them unable to blend

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

I believe they used to say it was for balance reasons years ago but i don't know their current stance on it.

Really hope they create a slider at one point tho.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

It was balance reasons, so that players with better hardware couldn't get an unfair advantage, but since they've shown how little they care about anyone not using the latest and greatest they may as well add an FoV slider.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Because DBD isn’t like other games. Survivors are MEANT to try and avoid detection to prolong how often the killers gets into chases and get hooks.

A wider field of view for killers makes it significantly harder for survivors to hide, which makes it a distinct advantage to killers, not simply a comfort thing.